The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I don't have a problem with it. As was pointed out Eden Mill sponsor us and Alcohol is the cause of far bigger problems than betting. Its not who I would choose but it doesnt upset me that they have gone with them.  

1 minute ago, low-life said:

I don't have a problem with it. As was pointed out Eden Mill sponsor us and Alcohol is the cause of far bigger problems than betting. Its not who I would choose but it doesnt upset me that they have gone with them.  

Society wide alcohol is a far bigger problem.

Amongst the demographic of men from teens to 50s who you would think would be the biggest target for anyone sponsoring a football team gambling is one of the primary drivers of suicide which is in turn one the primary causes of death in that demographic.

Anyone I wont get on too a high a horse as I drink and gamble.

I'm not outraged just thinks its a bit pish. 

3 hours ago, low-life said:

As opposed to ruining local business by paying them back pennies in the pound?

If you want to go down the route of whataboutery, we can. Neither of us will come out of it looking particularly good though.

4 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

We probably want another 2 or 3 sponsors on our shirts (shoulders / sleeves etc) as well as the big one on the front. 

We've done alcohol. 

We're going with gambling.

How about advertising Private Eyes and one of the more well known drug dealers in Dundee? Seems like the next step.

Plenty money in those fields. 

8 minutes ago, BigSash said:
27 minutes ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:
Queue Scott Allan signing for us and speaking to the media, telling them "this club has always held a special place in my heart" 

Yes please to Allan. Some player on his day.

Just a pity his day was about 5 years ago though

2 hours ago, BigSash said:
2 hours ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:
Queue Scott Allan signing for us and speaking to the media, telling them "this club has always held a special place in my heart" 

Yes please to Allan. Some player on his day.

Are you drunk or a troll?

If he was fully fit id have Allan in a heart beat. Exactly the type of player we need. 

Total bell end as mentioned but I couldn't give a f**k if hes pulling the strings and setting up chances. Better than anything we have.

On 28/05/2022 at 09:01, Zetterlund said:

This is a good watch/listen. Tam comes across very well indeed IMO. Great to hear him talking openly about some of the players and details of what goes on behind the scenes and in training etc. More of this please.

I watched all of this out of interest and thought Courts comes across really well. That Ally boy is an absolute rocket though, the constant digs at Rangers, United's ex-keepers, and other teams were embarrassing and you could tell that Dillon and Courts wanted him to shut the f**k up.