The Dundee United Thread 22/23

46 minutes ago, clanger165 said:

No they wont, contract offer was too late, he leaves for nothing

Only person I've seen suggest that, other than you, is Barry Anderson. The contract was offered in February. Unless there has been rule changes that is within the time frame.

On 18/05/2022 at 10:37, ArabFC said:

I won't bemoan another contract for Neilson, I'm not convinced he has it in him to become a regular starter at this level.

So, I'm not all that bothered to see him go, but it is a bit odd when a kid that hasn't shown himself capable of getting a regular game yet wants to move on.

Neilson's an odd one. Never been a disaster when he's played, but at the same time never particularly wowed either. Although he broke into the team first under Mellon, he's since had Kerr Smith then Ross Graham overtake him in the pecking order. I can see why he might have gotten frustrated to the point of looking for opportunities elsewhere.

If he gets a deal from Hearts then fair play to him. I certainly don't begrudge him moving on at this point.

Edited by captainkev

Guy's a unit and has good technique so I'd expect him to develop into a decent player. He's got a distance to go yet though so I wouldn't be pushing the boat out for him. If someone else is willing to give him a bump in his pay or more regular games then fair enough. Off you pop.

Reagan Charles Cook signs for some random Belgian team 🤣

Pffft and he could have signed for us and played against Sunderland and Fleetwood in some glamour friendlies! 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7328/DUNDEE-UNITED-PRE-SEASON-FIXTURES.html?key=dufc&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Dundee United Football Club

Edited by ArabianKnight

14 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Actual load of shite. 

As long as we have offfered Neilson a contract before 60 days of the expiry of his existing one, on the same or better terms and for at least a year we are due a fee.

Edited by Tannadeechee

22 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

As long as we have offfered Neilson a contract before 60 days of the expiry of his existing one, on the same or better terms and for at least a year we are due a fee.

I've seen some folk say he was offered lesser basic terms with a big appearance bonus.

Most likely made up nonsense though, surely?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've seen some folk say he was offered lesser basic terms with a big appearance bonus.

Most likely made up nonsense though, surely?

You would like to think so. He can't have been a big earner to begin with.

According to "the player" he expects United to receive money, United expect to receive money. Its only Hearts and those journos speaking to Hearts/Neilson's agent that say otherwise.

If it is the case Hearts aren't due any money its a major failing on United's admin side of the business. I don't see it though, its basics.