The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Short sleeved version is tidy. Long sleeved looks stupid because of macron symbols

Nobody ever wears a long sleeve anyway - even the players tend to wear a base layer under a ss top in the winter.

Shame about Butcher. I don’t think he was ever quite good enough to be a regular, but he clearly loved being at the club and he offered the aggression and versatility often needed and lacking in many others.

But if his teammates didn’t want him around, best for him to go.

Weird but of history repeating. It was Burton he left us for last time.

He’ll always have that double in the 6-2.

Edited by ArabFC

4 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Jack Ross seems to have done himself a mischief

Get the excuses in early for spending hours with the physio, i guess.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Shame about Butcher. I don’t think he was ever quite good enough to be a regular, but he clearly loved being at the club and he offered the aggression and versatility often needed and lacking in many others.

But if his teammates didn’t want him around, best for him to go.

Weird but of history repeating. It was Burton he left us for last time.

He’ll always have that double in the 6-2.

I’m sure his new teammates will be keeping a closer eye on their partners now.

So unfortunately my old dear is suffering from the onset of dementia. Today was a particularly lucid day for her when she's been having some real tough times recently. 

But we were chatting and she was telling me all about her cousin Chris Taylor who's done a lot of artwork for the club. She was also telling me about my great great great Granda (I think it was) who played for the club when it was Dundee Hibernian. Now got to do some digging to see if I can find out who he is. 

Does any United posters here know if it'll be on Arab Archive or something maybe? @Granny Dangeryou are an old b*****d maybe you knew him? 

21 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

So unfortunately my old dear is suffering from the onset of dementia. Today was a particularly lucid day for her when she's been having some real tough times recently. 

But we were chatting and she was telling me all about her cousin Chris Taylor who's done a lot of artwork for the club. She was also telling me about my great great great Granda (I think it was) who played for the club when it was Dundee Hibernian. Now got to do some digging to see if I can find out who he is. 

Does any United posters here know if it'll be on Arab Archive or something maybe? @Granny Dangeryou are an old b*****d maybe you knew him? 

Do you know his name?

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

No, I'm guessing the surname will be Taylor or Lynch. 

Closest to 'Lynch' is Emil Lyng, who should have been lynched.

The only possible 'Taylor' listed on Arab Archive is Henry Taylor, who made a few appearances in 1911-12 after signing from East Fife, but I'm sure you've looked in there. 

Have none of your relatives drawn up a family tree?

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Closest to 'Lynch' is Emil Lyng, who should have been lynched.

The only possible 'Taylor' listed on Arab Archive is Henry Taylor, who made a few appearances in 1911-12 after signing from East Fife, but I'm sure you've looked in there. 

Have none of your relatives drawn up a family tree?

My Aunty has I'll cross check with her. Probably Henry though if he's the only Taylor.