The Dundee United Thread 22/23

12 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Out of curiosity, was it the writing style or the player placement?

Player placement. It is of course subjective, but if you think Stanton is our 3rd best of the Championship era, we're not on the same wavelength, not even watching the same sport imho.

I hesitate to ask but how do you actually watch the game on Saturday. I’ve bought a season ticket but not picked it up yet. Will I need to have picked it up before the game?

I don’t know if you have to have collected the actual season ticket. The club are emailing everyone with their own secure link/access information that you need to use in order to access the stream.

My only advice to everyone pre-match is to check that your browser and/or Smart TV is suitable. United have mentioned that in their FAQs.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I like the write up on Bolton, although I can't see why the fact he saved both of his previous loan clubs from relegation has any relevance for us.

I guess it's just a description of the highlights he had on loan. Similarly if he'd been top scorer for them it would mention that. Surely this just helps us understand his journey a bit more? He has been in two relegation fights before so he should be able to handle high-pressure matches.

Just now, Sieb97 said:

I guess it's just a description of the highlights he had on loan. Similarly if he'd been top scorer for them it would mention that. Surely this just helps us understand his journey a bit more? He has been in two relegation fights before so he should be able to handle high-pressure matches.

I wasn't being entirely serious tbh. I think his experience in that sort of thing may turn out to be quite valuable.

Let me be one of the first to say welcome aboard, Luke! Hope you enjoy your time here and contribute to many a good performance and result.

If your second touch isn't a goal or an assist then f**k off back to England you absolute shite hawk and I hope there's a chorus of BOOOOOs till you get back to Manchester. 

:)

Pacey wideman ✅

No idea how he'll work out - bit baffled that he's a winger when his last team played him as a full back, and thats what he looked like in the Man City highlights, but whatver, it's pace is that we needed.

I just pray Micky has a centre-back in his sights.

Edited by ArabFC

19 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

https://josephhartwinks.wordpress.com/2020/07/27/ranking-every-dundee-united-player-of-the-banter-years-era-part-1-1-10/

Because apparently I'm a glutton for pain, I've taken on the task of ranking every single player to have played for United From the 2nd of February 2015 to the 15th of April 2020, aka "The Banter Years."

I've started from the best and working my way down, so here's my ten favourite players (favourite is the key word) players from this era of United.

For the love of god please enjoy.

That’s a thoroughly enjoyable read.  Won’t bore you with the bits I disagree with.  I look forward to the next instalment.