Closed Doors Live Streaming.

Closed Doors Live Streaming   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Suggest you actually read whats posted.Nowhere did I say /moan “it had to be like a season ticket “

DONT THINK anyone whos purchased a season ticket would be happy if prices were pitched at anything less than £15 which I think is the cost from them per game when broken down

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I still don’t know where I’ll land when it comes to streaming. 

Obviously when going to a game, Saturdays are planned around it. But when we’ve had away games moved for TV, I don’t think I’ve ever used “wanting to watch Dundee on TV” as a reason for not doing something else. Sure, I’ll watch if I can but it’s not a deal breaker when choosing a date for something.

And yet three years ago while in Toronto, I set several alarms to make sure I was awake for 7.30 to watch a game v Hibs that was a lunchtime kick-off on Sky. I suppose with that, there was nothing else to get in the way (except sleep) so it was an easy watch. If, for whatever reason, something else was on the agenda, I would have passed - which I’ve done plenty of times on holiday. 

I’ve probably just summed up the problem there. People will watch if and when they can, but a screen has a significantly weaker pull than being there in person.

4 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Suggest you actually read whats posted.Nowhere did I say /moan “it had to be like a season ticket “

DONT THINK anyone whos purchased a season ticket would be happy if prices were pitched at anything less than £15 which I think is the cost from them per game when broken down

Which is exactly what I’m saying....if it’s not you moaning, it’s you talking about other people moaning...(insert punchline here)...

8 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I’d be okay with it. Other super fans would probably be okay with it too. We deserve 🏅 medals.

Not having a go, but interested to see if this mindset holds up once you start experiencing the streams.
Every one I've watched, bar Rangers, has had at least 4/5 blackout moments. The Kilmarnock game i missed all 3 goals, 20 minutes of the first half and the final 10 minutes, due to the stream dropping/lagging, which the media team admitted was their error. Its not improving at all as time goes on, and thats with clubs who have run their own PPV type set ups flawlessly before.
This Pixellot thing is absolutely dreadful aswell, for anyone going with that.

Which team do you support? What area do you live?

This doesn’t match my experience at all. I have used Falkirk, Dunfermline, Dundee United, St Mirren streams many times from literally all four corners of the globe.

I have used the other streams provided by other clubs in Scotland on the odd occasion that QOS played them.

I never encountered an issue at all except for one occasion when pars tv had a nightmare and refunded everybody.

Ifollow has also been reliable every time I used it.

They have even worked in some serious third world countries which I was very surprised about.

26 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

This doesn’t match my experience at all. I have used Falkirk, Dunfermline, Dundee United, St Mirren streams many times from literally all four corners of the globe.

I have used the other streams provided by other clubs in Scotland on the odd occasion that QOS played them.

I never encountered an issue at all except for one occasion when pars tv had a nightmare and refunded everybody.

They have even worked in some serious third world countries which I was very surprised about.

He lives in a field in Perthshire and uses dial up.

33 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

As I've said multiple times now, I had no issues in previous seasons, yet this season its been a clusterfuck every week. Presumably this is down the the provider 11 Premiership clubs are now using, as the only flawless game was Rangers, who have a different one.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I've said multiple times now, I had no issues in previous seasons, yet this season its been a clusterfuck every week. Presumably this is down the the provider 11 Premiership clubs are now using, as the only flawless game was Rangers, who have a different one.

Might it not also relate to the number of people using it which is presumably exponentially miles more than last year?

I sat through the Airdrie v QoS stream today to see what it was like. Wasn't great. The Pixellot system clearly has a long way to go. The picture quality was good but the tendency to zoom out and not in to the far side was irritating and the countless times the camera stuck looking at the middle of the park when there was an attack going on at one end or the other was maddening. The commentator did a decent enough job especially since he ended up on his own as the co-commentator's mic didn't work.

The actual streaming was fine though. It froze at kick off for about 30 second and otherwise streamed perfectly well throughout. I can't imagine many people were actually watching though.

I fear for the product at clubs using an AI film process. For those filming it themselves they'll do it far better. It's all about whether they can successfully take payments and stream reliably. The camera work is the least of their troubles.

42 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Might it not also relate to the number of people using it which is presumably exponentially miles more than last year?

I sat through the Airdrie v QoS stream today to see what it was like. Wasn't great. The Pixellot system clearly has a long way to go. The picture quality was good but the tendency to zoom out and not in to the far side was irritating and the countless times the camera stuck looking at the middle of the park when there was an attack going on at one end or the other was maddening. The commentator did a decent enough job especially since he ended up on his own as the co-commentator's mic didn't work.

The actual streaming was fine though. It froze at kick off for about 30 second and otherwise streamed perfectly well throughout. I can't imagine many people were actually watching though.

I fear for the product at clubs using an AI film process. For those filming it themselves they'll do it far better. It's all about whether they can successfully take payments and stream reliably. The camera work is the least of their troubles.

I honestly expect the Pixellot system will be miles more useful to the coaches than the fans. It was obvious from the screen cap I saw that the camera head locations will be a problem at various times (glare, etc.), and the preview footage I saw made it clear that the lack of a human in the loop means that wide views are the norm. While that isn’t objectively bad from an awareness perspective, it makes for an “unusual” watch as we are used to a camera following the play more closely. We’ve yet to see what inclement (or normal Scottish) weather will bring to the table.

The varying number of fans complaining about streaming issues on any number of feeds over this pre-season makes it pretty clear that there are a lot of potential fans with likely dodgy connections. When several people say they got perfect feeds and others say it was shit, the odd heavily favor the customer side connection is the issue.

Wondering if the captive broadcast teams will have any access to the Pixellot video? From the standpoint of, in some cases a portion of the Pixellot video may offer better value for highlights, is it something they will be able to use.

On 25/09/2020 at 18:06, TxRover said:

Looking around, I see £12-20 as the range of streaming prices for the Premiership, 

That was the price bracket set by the league, £12-20, that clubs had to choose their price within.

Will Championship clubs be bound by the same price bracket?

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

That was the price bracket set by the league, £12-20, that clubs had to choose their price within.

Will Championship clubs be bound by the same price bracket?

No, the prices, and even if they will offer PPV, is a club decision. There is no guidance or direction that anyone has uncovered.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

No, the prices, and even if they will offer PPV, is a club decision. There is no guidance or direction that anyone has uncovered.

Maybe not but I think they all will offer it and they are talking to see if a mutually agreeable pricepoint is achievable. Remains to be seen if it will be.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Yeah, think I misread the news report that said the bracket was between £12-20, read it as had to be not just what it is.

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Maybe not but I think they all will offer it and they are talking to see if a mutually agreeable pricepoint is achievable. Remains to be seen if it will be.

Very smart if they are doing that, but Hearts aren’t likely to play along. I could easily see an agreement in the £8-10 range for nine of the ten teams (although there might be an argument for a team using just the Pixellot feed to charge a wee bit less, however I think we pretty much figured almost everyone in the Championship has their own camera setup). I feel Hearts are likely to charge like a Premiership team because they feel they are one anyway. I also suspect that Hearts will have the lowest visiting support PPV uptake IF they offer it, due to overpricing. What will be interesting to see is how much Hearts money is spent on PPV for away matches, despite their boycotts and stuff.

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Very smart if they are doing that, but Hearts aren’t likely to play along. I could easily see an agreement in the £8-10 range for nine of the ten teams (although there might be an argument for a team using just the Pixellot feed to charge a wee bit less, however I think we pretty much figured almost everyone in the Championship has their own camera setup). I feel Hearts are likely to charge like a Premiership team because they feel they are one anyway. I also suspect that Hearts will have the lowest visiting support PPV uptake IF they offer it, due to overpricing. What will be interesting to see is how much Hearts money is spent on PPV for away matches, despite their boycotts and stuff.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

I’ll say that I’m surprised, but quite happy to hear that. If all ten teams are playing together in this, despite their differences, it bodes well despite the challenges ahead!

On 25/09/2020 at 14:24, virginton said:

There's nothing to get out of it. I don't want to watch a 90 minute stream of a match: I want to be there or I'll just watch the highlights instead. Those were the choices available before March and I see no reason to pay any amount of money - never mind what Championship clubs will try and get away with - to access some pointless shite halfway house that they want to push now.

If fans can't get to games then the season at this and all levels below should be scrapped. 

Not 100% sure but think this is the first time i totally agree with you, in normal times i follow my team home & away in person.  We are getting home games included in our season for no cost & was getting stick elsewhere for saying i would not pay for an away stream. We streamed a friendly the other week using the new equipment & dont think it will take too long for folk to tire of that. Even Sky & Bt coverage is not the same with no atmosphere involved. Cannot see enough numbers of folk paying for the service for a season & certainly not enough to cover running costs of putting a team on the park every week.

52 minutes ago, peternapper said:

We are getting home games included in our season for no cost 

You aren't though are you? You are paying season ticket prices for not attending games. 

Bet you still buy into the 'my new iPhone was free because I was due a free upgrade on my £60 a month contract' scam.