George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Half arsed attempt there, you can do better than that.

Like I said, not making a lot of sense. Can you not get out fish-murdering again? Clear your head a bit, have a wee sit on the riverbank - maybe see a kingfisher or two?

The bbc and media this morning giving free airtime to yon american bint who married the soldier's laddie who hangs about with (past tense) the saxe-coburg-gothas.  She was an actress who fulfilled her shallow life's dream of marrying a rich (taxpayers' money) english upper class fanny.  Now she's the authoritative voice on world problems and all things racism.

Get this whole extended shower of privileged arseholes made into history when the world revolution comes.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just feel acab is a bit of an odd position for someone in your line of work to hold, but hey free speech and all.

I assumed he was saying All Conservatives Are b*****ds? I may be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I assumed he was saying All Conservatives Are b*****ds? I may be wrong. 

Oh, you're not wrong - although some are just stupid. The vast majority? Bastárds.

Coppers, convicts, most demographic groups*? A mixture of varying levels of good guys and wanks.

Conservatives? Bastárds, stupid, or both. 100%

*Beginning with "C" or any other letter. No alphabetism here.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

1 hour ago, bennett said:

The facists of the future will call themselves anti facists.

How do you define fascism out of interest?

I, personally, have yet to see a better explanation than Umberto Eco's if you're struggling to put it into words yourself. Would you agree his 14 points would constitute a universal definition of fascism?

27 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

The bbc and media this morning giving free airtime to yon american bint who married the soldier's laddie who hangs about with (past tense) the saxe-coburg-gothas.  She was an actress who fulfilled her shallow life's dream of marrying a rich (taxpayers' money) english upper class fanny.  Now she's the authoritative voice on world problems and all things racism.

Get this whole extended shower of privileged arseholes made into history when the world revolution comes.

You're right. Absolutely shocking that the news gives airtime to ordinary people who have no experience of racially-based prejudice. 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Is there an antifa alert app?

Extreme right and extreme left, both sets are bloody ridiculous and only interested in causing disruption.

What is is it you dislike about a group that is opposed to fascists? Is it because they are a bit Celticey..? No doubt the goon Brigade claim to be some sort of Antifa affiliate.😂

Edited by Bohemian

I doubt he'll be convicted. "Beyond reasonable doubt" - they need to prove that he intentionally tried to kill the guy if its 2nd degree murder. The lawyers the police union use to defend their boys in blue are experts at doing this line of defence

There is no intentionality involved in 2nd degree murder. See Cornell University’s Law Dep definition:

Typically, second-degree murder is defined as murder that is not premeditated, or murder that is caused by the offender's reckless conduct that displays an obvious lack of concern for human life.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/second_degree_murder

That is pretty much spot on in this instance.

41 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Three years old according to the comments below it.  I’m not saying it justifies it.

What's your favourite Ice T album Granny? I'd probably say OG Original Gangster. Coming out, as it did, just before Rodney King received his kicking from the police, it showed a deep prescience of the police brutality and subsequent riots. 

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What's your favourite Ice T album Granny? I'd probably say OG Original Gangster. Coming out, as it did, just before Rodney King received his kicking from the police, it showed a deep prescience of the police brutality and subsequent riots. 

Body Count played at Leeds one year directly after Lightyear. A strange line up: putting gangsta rap/metal crossover after some loveable English pop/ska-punk. Lightyear, at one point in their set, had two of their brass section dress up as a pantomime horse and dance around on stage. Halfway through Body Count's set they decided it would be fun to do it again. They got onto the stage and Ice T just, very softly and deliberately, said "Somebody just fucked up"

The pantomime horse left the stage very quickly.

None of their recorded work matches this live performance.