George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

You would hope the incontrovertible proof he casually murdered a man on camera would be enough and with the reporting that his wife immediately left him when he entered custody might be enough to establish a pattern of being a psycho or whatever but there’s been multiple cases where officers are caught bang to rights murdering people with zero justification and getting off with it by playing on an apparent understandable level of fear the officers take with them on to their duties.

The Daniel Shaver murder was especially grim given he was shot on the floor while allegedly trying to comply with officers and the guy that shot him was acquitted and retired with a cushy pension.

34 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Surely the evidence against them is pretty damming, at least for Chauvin's ? I mean the whole thing is on video . perhaps his lawyer will recommend him to take a plea deal and avoid  A going to jail for 25+ years & B any more attention being drawn to him as even when he gets out his life will never ever be normal.

can't see how it will work standing up in court and trying to justify such force against a man who was not accused of a violent offence , I saw the footage of him being arrested and taken to the police car . I recon it could turn out that Floyd had said something Chauvin didn't like ( he might have also had a few beers going by the way he was walking towards to car , but he certainly wasn't out of it steaming )  on the walk over to the car to which Chauvin has went fucking mental at and started giving him a doing to which he " resisted" . this will either be on their bodycam or they will have turned them off. in either case the evidence isjust stacked against them  incl the others who stood and done f**k all, it might turn out that Chauvin is the station bully that no one stands up to, who knows . but I just can't see him in particular getting off, perhaps the others might avoid jail but not a criminal record

If he's the station bully then the other cops in there ought to be ashamed of themselves - he has the skinniest arms I've ever seen. 

You would hope the incontrovertible proof he casually murdered a man on camera would be enough and with the reporting that his wife immediately left him when he entered custody might be enough to establish a pattern of being a psycho or whatever but there’s been multiple cases where officers are caught bang to rights murdering people with zero justification and getting off with it by playing on an apparent understandable level of fear the officers take with them on to their duties.

The Daniel Shaver murder was especially grim given he was shot on the floor while allegedly trying to comply with officers and the guy that shot him was acquitted and retired with a cushy pension.

I agree with you to an extent, however shooting someone in the heat of the moment could be successfully argued in court as being the actions of someone under duress, fearful for there lives or some other bullshit

Choking someone for 10 minutes who is clearly no threat to the arresting officer is a different scenario altogether. I honestly can't think of any argument or justification that would return an acquittal. This is America we're dealing with though so yeah, acquittal it is.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I doubt he'll be convicted. "Beyond reasonable doubt" - they need to prove that he intentionally tried to kill the guy if its 2nd degree murder. The lawyers the police union use to defend their boys in blue are experts at doing this line of defence

That's my worry. 3rd seemed a slam dunk. 2nd opens that door of doubt. I've seen some morons pushing for 1st degree, not realising that would virtually guarantee him walking.

They should convict them all of murder or assisted then in a few years review it.
If they let any of them walk it will all kick off again. Set an example and make sure the police know that they wont be getting away with their nonsense anymore.
No decent person would stand and watch what happened to this guy. f**k the lot of them.
Theres a bigger issue than racism as well, the hatred, cruelty and disregard for other people is unfortunately just human nature it seems. Can it ever be changed? Humans are p***ks.

43 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I thought Biden was a bumbling nobody but I was quite impressed with this  (don't know where I saw it, apologies if it was here and I'm re-posting)

As impressive as he is here, this video is over 30 years old. Both he and the world have changed.

It's a bit like watching a rerun of Aberdeen winning the Cup Winners Cup, very impressive, but you wouldn't back them to go out and pump Real Madrid again tomorrow.

For some context this is the landmark legal case that US Police use to defend their killing of civilians. For most US Cops the details of this case are hammered into them in in training and on refresher courses so they are all very aware of the right things to say and do in any interviews or interrogation or cross examination of their actions. So when put in front of a jury they, by the letter of the law, find it very easy to get away with it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_v._Connor

https://www.williamgoren.com/blog/2018/09/12/graham-v-connor-excessive-force-compliance-ada-compliance/

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

7 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Even better if he didn't get up..

Was reading the thread it was posted on twitter.. apparently he was abusing some elderly black women amongst others on a bus, someone alerted Antifa group in the area, he was followed and this is the end result...

Its Twitter so ya know, pinch of salt and all that ha.

Is there an antifa alert app?

Extreme right and extreme left, both sets are bloody ridiculous and only interested in causing disruption.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
10 hours ago, bennett said:
Oh God,  I'm sorry. I never realised it was a clique thread.

If by "clique" you everyone who isn't a desperate, attention-seeking loser, then yes.

Maybe you could pm me a list of clique approved views and I'll follow them to the letter.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Is there an antifa alert app?

Extreme right and extreme left, both sets are bloody ridiculous and only interested in causing disruption.

If you want to find antifa it's pretty easy. Find fascists.

"Wherever they go. We go"

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
10 hours ago, bennett said:
Oh God,  I'm sorry. I never realised it was a clique thread.

If by "clique" you everyone who isn't a desperate, attention-seeking loser, then yes.

I have to say it's amusing seeing the sole survivor of the BRALT's Three Amigos complaining about a clique.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If you want to find antifa it's pretty easy. Find fascists.

"Wherever they go. We go"

The facists of the future will call themselves anti facists.

Tbh the lot of them need to grow the fcuk up and get a wash. 

Extreme right, extreme left, the same thing. 

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I have to say it's amusing seeing the sole survivor of the BRALT's Three Amigos complaining about a clique.

The bralt died a long time ago, you could always start a The bralt....

5 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Disturbing insight into Mr & Mrs BigFatTabby's predilections. Assume Scale Modelling is a euphemism for something sordid. 

Scale modelling was just the first example of a boring dad hobby that I could think of. I'm not a deviant, FFS.

I will chew your ear off about my extensive collection of Garbage Pail Kids trading cards, however.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm with BFTD here - one of the upsides of lockdown (in the brief period when I was wfh) ws to survey my stash of unbuilt kits, re-organise my workbench, check supplies of paint, glues, etc. and think, smugly, "Months stuck at home, with no social interaction? Pfft, we've trained for this."

Ooh. Awkward  :shutup

Spoiler

I'm actually jealous of the patience and skill that goes into doing those things.

25 minutes ago, bennett said:

The facists of the future will call themselves anti facists.

Tbh the lot of them need to grow the fcuk up and get a wash. 

Extreme right, extreme left, the same thing. 

The bralt died a long time ago, you could always start a The bralt....

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

Are you ok, bennet? You aren't half throwing yourself about the forum the last couple of days, and in all honesty not making a lot of sense.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Scale modelling was just the first example of a boring dad hobby that I could think of. I'm not a deviant, FFS.

I will chew your ear off about my extensive collection of Garbage Pail Kids trading cards, however.

Ooh. Awkward  :shutup

Reveal hidden contents

I'm actually jealous of the patience and skill that goes into doing those things.

Don't knock it, etc. 😀