George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

Imagine spending years stoking up the fires of a "culture war", then being all Helen Lovejoy when something finally kicks off in reaction to that.  And then having the audacity to try and be appalled that your side is a bunch of knuckle-dragging thuggish racists.

Oh well, what a shame. But if you play with fire, you are liable to get burned.

453927fa9860d655f738b536c60372f1.jpg

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Admittedly i know a few  that keep up with the whole empire mentality (funnily enough they are Rangers supporters) but the vast majority pretty much dont give a sh*te and couldnt wait to get out.  I would go so far to say most of them are anti establishment now and have never voted and probaly never will.

I do think you tend to find they are one or the other but there's a reason why army coups tend to lean heavily towards the fash side. Bear in mind Our Boys were filmed shooting pictures of Corbyn last year.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

As far as I know only one war memorial has been touched, and that was one numpty drawing 3 small letters on it.

Seen the images of the graffiti last week on the cenotaph unsure to how any other war memorials have been touched, mind you they did trash bannockburn and the Robert the Bruce statue with Robert the Bruce was a rascist on it (which goes onto a whole new argument on the rascist term)

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

the Robert the Bruce statue with Robert the Bruce was a rascist on it (which goes onto a whole new argument on the rascist term)

Not really. Nobody thinks Robert the Bruce was a racist. Not BLM people, and not even the fannies who wrote the graffiti, who were just doing it as some kind of rounabout smear aimed at discrediting BLM.

Edited by Aim Here

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Seen the images of the graffiti last week on the cenotaph unsure to how any other war memorials have been touched, mind you they did trash bannockburn and the Robert the Bruce statue with Robert the Bruce was a rascist on it (which goes onto a whole new argument on the rascist term)

Pretty sure that was sevco minded folk, not your BLM types.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I do think you tend to find they are one or the other but there's a reason why army coups tend to lean heavily towards the fash side. Bear in mind Our Boys were filmed shooting pictures of Corbyn last year.

We have an armed forces of approx 84,000 and there was 7 of them firing at an image in an indoor range so on the basis of 7 of them shooting at a target of Corbyn  there all the same (notably they were paras and if any regiment in the army is going to f**k things up its normally them anyway) they have a track record of it.

7 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Not really. Nobody thinks Robert the Bruce was a racist. Not BLM people, and not even the fannies who wrote the graffiti, who were just doing it as some kind of rounabout smear aimed at discrediting BLM.

“He who asserts must prove” - let's see your evidence, please!

20 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

image0.jpg

My “Not Far Right” banner has a lot of people asking questions already answered by the banner

Not quite right, more like.

TBF I would be disgusted if anyone attacked the cenotaph to be honest.

21 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

image0.jpg

My “Not Far Right” banner has a lot of people asking questions already answered by the banner

Is that the Cenotaph being guarded by the Village People? Never thought they’d be like that but I suppose lots of people get more right wing as they get old.

32 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

“He who asserts must prove” - let's see your evidence, please!

Until we catch the scrote in question, obviously I don't have proof. Likewise, though, you have no evidence that this IS from a BLM supporter.

We have to go with what's apparent from the public information. There's nobody in the BLM movement (other than this phoney graffiti artist) who has any gripe with Robert the Bruce, the statue in question doesn't appear on their list of dodgy statues, and there is evidence posted earlier in this thread of fake BLM/Antifa propaganda flyers almost certainly from the far right, aimed at discrediting BLM with fake and contentious ideas. It fits the modus operandi of the far right more than it fits that of Black Lives Matter.

Edited by Aim Here