George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

10 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It really is quite unbelievable that the catalyst for the scenes we’ve seen in London today was a black man being murdered by a policeman in Minnesota. 

Wait til you hear what a bug at a market in Wuhan did to the global economy

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

There must be something deep in the British psyche that reacts poorly to winning things. We won WW2 but can't move on from it and look at today's Germans the way virginton looks at a teacher. They won indyref and brexit but have been furious about both ever since. Some sort of deep limbic acknowledgment none of it is quite deserved.

"Two referenda and one World Cup"

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

And Cadbury's for removing the word Easter from Easter eggs. And also the Muslamics for getting Christmas cancelled every year.

I think my own radicalisation occurred when a do gooder told me to stop singing baa baa black sheep.

Fucking whinging lefty arsehole of a librarian.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Wait til you hear what a bug at a market in Wuhan did to the global economy

I’m led to believe the culprit was a bat, I won’t have bugs well earned reputation tarnished with fake news. 

8 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

They are ruining the Queen's birthday weekend. 

She's fine.  There were morris dancers (i think) doing some kind of line dancing for her on the grass outside her current care home.  Played her some sounds too.

24 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It really is quite unbelievable that the catalyst for the scenes we’ve seen in London today was a black man being murdered by a policeman in Minnesota. 

That and years of inbreeding on English council estates.

4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’m led to believe the culprit was a bat, I won’t have bugs well earned reputation tarnished with fake news. 

I heard it was some filthy African pangolin who had it away with a bat. 

12 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

There must be something deep in the British psyche that reacts poorly to winning things. We won WW2 but can't move on from it and look at today's Germans the way virginton looks at a teacher. They won indyref and brexit but have been furious about both ever since. Some sort of deep limbic acknowledgment none of it is quite deserved.

I think much of it is to do with them feeling that they never got what they think they 'deserved' for 'winning'.

18 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Because, like Trump, they believed it should have conferred immediate and eternal respect on them whereas it hasn't, they've just pissed everyone off and get told to f**k off endlessly.

Edited by NotThePars

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Or they are just knuckle dragging morons whose only pleasures in life comes from hating those they perceive as different, drinking cheap lager and generally being horrible c***s.

Aye, there's that as well tbf, but the sentiment runs deeper than just those we see on the streets.

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Sure. However it is undeniable that the far-right have been using false flag attacks - up to and including mass murder - to discredit the left for decades now. Much of what the loyalists in Northern Ireland were doing from 1969 to 1975 were false flag attacks (1969 bombings outside Belfast, pretty much their campaign of shooting catholics until about early-mid 1973, and the Miami Showband attack). That's just Northern Ireland; the 'Strategy of Tension' in Italy involved fake attacks by fascists, almost certainly linked with the government - and these included murderous mass killings like the Bologna Train Station attack - in order to justify more draconian security measures aimed at the left. There were letter bombs by fascists pretending to be anarchists at Genoa around the time of the G8 protests in 2001, and a couple of years ago, the right had a campaign of mass-generation of twitter accounts ostensibly claiming to be Antifa in order to discredit and confuse people.

That habit hasn't entirely stopped either. Here's an instance of a false flag from fascists referencing BLM and Antifa and the George Floyd protests that was caught by Facebook and reported by the press just a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-antifa-twitter-fake/fact-check-antifa-twitter-account-that-called-for-violence-was-fake-idUSKBN23B2TY

False flags do exist, and they're a common part of far-right politics. One reason why the right are so keen to accuse the left of false flags is exactly one of projection - they do it so often themselves.

And if you're familiar with left wing politics, it's generally rather easy to spot the forgeries because the right are generally pretty terrible at play-acting as the left. You have to be gullible as shit - or plain dead ignorant - to think that anti-fascists or BLM activists support killing white people or 'white policemen'. While some parts of the left do hold genuinely silly ideas, if you know what ideas they actually hold, then you can easily spot the ones that are propaganda forgeries. The Robert the Bruce statue vandalism is almost certainly not from a genuine BLM supporter.

I can see how some people become so entrenched in their views. Basically what you're telling me is that the 'left' don't commit false flags, but when something hateful appears and is attributed to the 'left' it must be a false flag committed by the 'right'.

I'm sure false flags are as old as time itself. Even as a kid, I remember one of my pals came up with the idea of scratching the class nerd's name into a table, in order tl get him into trouble.

The alleged assault on Jussie Smollett is an immediate example of a hoax hate crime: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jussie_Smollett_alleged_assault The other one that springs to mind is the Covington School boys, where the media selectively edited footage to portray them as intimidating ethnic minorities, when the footage literally proved they were the ones initially being intimidated.

'm sure similar false allegations happen frequently for all sorts of motives - insurance purposes, to attract attention, sympathy, donations or just besmirch one's political adversaries. It can also be used to justify wars, and I am convinced the 9/11 narrative is false.