George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

image0.thumb.jpg.aa5a343a524143c94b200ebe23fc727a.jpg

My “Not Far Right” banner has a lot of people asking questions already answered by the banner
"Of all races"? Aye, if you exclude all the ones that aren't white middle aged men. I particularly like the guy with the WW2 German helmet on...

Jeremiah explaining what a false flag is an understated yet strong contender for my fave post in this thread today. Still time for Wattoo "I am an SNP member, how can I be racist?" to log on and take that crown, however.

So let’s see if I have got this right.
Last week the Anti Facists were defacing statues and memorials of those who actually fought and defeated Facism.
This week these statues and memorials were defended by people who gave Nazi salutes and ware helmets that the Nazis wore.
Meanwhile in the real world the
U.K. has lost between 40-60k to the virus and the economy has shrunk by a fifth in one month.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

The ex squaddies thing was done to protect the cenotaph from the graffiti, doesnt matter what your political outlook with daubing graffiti on that is akin to trashing someones grave its there as a mark of respect to the fallen.  Trouble is with them doing that to protect the cenotaph you get the far right nuggets that think they are on the same side apart from those brainwashed into we still have an empire or that sort of mentality.

There is absolutely no requirement for private citizens to be protecting any public, outdoor area.

21 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

We know that statues are being graffitied by 'anti-racist' campaigners. Black Lives Matter (BLM) is supposedly a grassroots organisation with supporters not taking instruction from a leader. 

What you're referring to is a 'false flag', i.e. 'an act committed with the intent of disguising the actual source of responsibility and pinning blame on a second party' (as per Wikipedia's definition). I acknowledge that this sort of thing happens, perhaps more often than people realise. But it's funny how people are often willing to dismiss such acts, unless they go against their stated interests or beliefs. Certainly the 'far-right' have been claiming these things have been happening for years, as illustrated below:

704727260_HeyRabbi.thumb.png.6213415257daec2c6b96476df941f2bc.png

Sure. However it is undeniable that the far-right have been using false flag attacks - up to and including mass murder - to discredit the left for decades now. Much of what the loyalists in Northern Ireland were doing from 1969 to 1975 were false flag attacks (1969 bombings outside Belfast, pretty much their campaign of shooting catholics until about early-mid 1973, and the Miami Showband attack). That's just Northern Ireland; the 'Strategy of Tension' in Italy involved fake attacks by fascists, almost certainly linked with the government - and these included murderous mass killings like the Bologna Train Station attack - in order to justify more draconian security measures aimed at the left. There were letter bombs by fascists pretending to be anarchists at Genoa around the time of the G8 protests in 2001, and a couple of years ago, the right had a campaign of mass-generation of twitter accounts ostensibly claiming to be Antifa in order to discredit and confuse people.

That habit hasn't entirely stopped either. Here's an instance of a false flag from fascists referencing BLM and Antifa and the George Floyd protests that was caught by Facebook and reported by the press just a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-antifa-twitter-fake/fact-check-antifa-twitter-account-that-called-for-violence-was-fake-idUSKBN23B2TY

False flags do exist, and they're a common part of far-right politics. One reason why the right are so keen to accuse the left of false flags is exactly one of projection - they do it so often themselves.

And if you're familiar with left wing politics, it's generally rather easy to spot the forgeries because the right are generally pretty terrible at play-acting as the left. You have to be gullible as shit - or plain dead ignorant - to think that anti-fascists or BLM activists support killing white people or 'white policemen'. While some parts of the left do hold genuinely silly ideas, if you know what ideas they actually hold, then you can easily spot the ones that are propaganda forgeries. The Robert the Bruce statue vandalism is almost certainly not from a genuine BLM supporter.

Edited by Aim Here

7 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

So let’s see if I have got this right.
Last week the Anti Facists were defacing statues and memorials of those who actually fought and defeated Facism.
This week these statues and memorials were defended by people who gave Nazi salutes and ware helmets that the Nazis wore.
Meanwhile in the real world the
U.K. has lost between 40-60k to the virus and the economy has shrunk by a fifth in one month.

Loyalists gathered in George Square to protect the statues by standing like statues to confuse the invisible protesters who were going to damage the statues.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hundreds-loyalists-gather-glasgows-george-22186316?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There is absolutely no requirement for private citizens to be protecting any public, outdoor area.

I totally agree with you but this isnt just the cenotaph that has Citizens protecting it theres a lot of examples of people trying to protect their own property whether it being down to police cuts or lack of faith in the police to protect property