George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

I see 100 odd loyalists/Rangers fans turned up at George Sqaure today to keep guard over the statues from an as yet unknown enemy. These people truly are life’s losers, I bet they were over the moon with themselves as they stood all day with not another soul coming any where near them. 

You can absolutely guarantee that these loyalists/Rangers fans will be absolutely spewing that it all kicked off today in London, and the football lads down there got to show how mental they are by fighting with the police, and these bottom feeders in George Square only got to stand about like spare p***ks at a wedding, singing God Save the Queen and Rule Britannia to literally no one.  

Guest SJP79

The focus should be on the real racism and oppression of people living today, not mob rule pulling down statues and monuments with links to slavery off hundreds of years ago. 

What about all the atrocities going on around the world today, the Saudi's, Child labour, plundering developing countries of thier recources and the rampant capitalists making a fortune out of the low paid workers in sweat shops with little or no rights. 

The removing or changing off statues or monuments should be done but in a civilised and democratic way. 

Edited by SJP79

1 minute ago, SJP79 said:

The focus should be on the real racism and oppression of people living today, not mob rule pulling down statues and monuments with links to slavery off hundreds of years ago. 

What about all the atrocities going on around the world today, the Saudi's, Child labour, plundering developing countries of thier recources and the rampant capitalists making a fortune out of the low paid workers in sweat shops with little or no rights. 

The discussion to remove, change statues or monuments should be done but in a civilised way. 

What would you do to sort out the Saudi's, Child labour, plundering developing countries of thier recources and the rampant capitalists making a fortune out of the low paid workers in sweat shops with little or no rights, in the short to medium term? Chucking statues honouring slavers in the sea can be done now, and has far more effect than an angry comment in the Daily Mail or Guardian. One step at a time.

On 08/06/2020 at 16:06, AsimButtHitsASix said:

A bunch of overweight gammons who haven't had been in a scrap since they threw some plastic chairs at a Spanish waiter in Malaga turning up for a fight expecting to see a bunch of Guardian reading middle class kids in skinny jeans and coloured hair. Then a bunch of young lads from Wood Green and A-Town turning up and slapping them right into the Thames sounds lovely

And it was. 

Guest SJP79
6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What would you do to sort out the Saudi's, Child labour, plundering developing countries of thier recources and the rampant capitalists making a fortune out of the low paid workers in sweat shops with little or no rights, in the short to medium term? Chucking statues honouring slavers in the sea can be done now, and has far more effect than an angry comment in the Daily Mail or Guardian. One step at a time.

The problem is that its flying under the radar and nobody really wants to address it in power, we are in bed with the Saudis as money talks. 

Who is really sitting looking at thier smart phone or laptop and thinking that the materials came from mine's where child labour was used ?

Who before covid went and bought a load of clothes from a high street store and considered where it was made and how the workers were treated ?

Edited by SJP79

14 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

The problem is that its flying under the radar and nobody really wants to address it in power, we are in bed with the Saudis as money talks. 

Who is really sitting looking at thier smart phone or laptop and thinking that the materials came from mine's where child labour was used ?

Who before covid went and bought a load of clothes from a high street store and considered where it was made and how the workers were treated ?

It's the message about doing nothing about anything until every single one of the world's problems is sorted that I object to. There's nothing hypocritical about tackling them one at a time.

31 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

The removing or changing off statues or monuments should be done but in a civilised and democratic way. 

People usually only feel strongly enough to protest about things that they believe affects their lives. I’m sure Saudi, child labour etc. are all very worthwhile causes, but 90% of the British public couldn’t point to Saudi Arabia on a map. That’s just life. If we were to take to the streets about every injustice the planet wide, there wouldn’t be enough time in the day for anything else. 

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The people who claimed rioting and looting never yields change are conspicuous by their absence. There has been more police reform in America in the past 7 days than there has been in the last 30 years. 

Guest SJP79
4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

People usually only feel strongly enough to protest about things that they believe affects their lives. I’m sure Saudi, child labour etc. are all very worthwhile causes, but 90% of the British public couldn’t point to Saudi Arabia on a map. That’s just life. If we were to take to the streets about every injustice the planet wide, there wouldn’t be enough time in the day for anything else. 

My point exactly, in short no one cares whether thier phone or gadget contains coblat mined in the DRC Africa by the estimated 40,000 children some as young as seven, as long as they get thier hands on the glossy smartphone etc , ignorance is bliss for them. 

Guest SJP79
2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If I can guarantee that I don't have a phone with "coblat" in it am I allowed to spend my time campaigning against racism?

Campaign as much as you want Cobalt or no Cobalt, i guess it was a bit off topic but just trying to show shit going on few seem to care about. 

4 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

My point exactly, in short no one cares whether thier phone or gadget contains coblat mined in the DRC Africa by the estimated 40,000 children some as young as seven, as long as they get thier hands on the glossy smartphone etc , ignorance is bliss for them. 

Unfortunately that’s the world we live in. It is going to take more than you or me or even every person on this forum to protest against those injustices for anything to change. I’m sure almost all mass manufactured products are made under questionable working conditions. I wouldn’t say I am ignorant to it, but unless you live in a cave then you are contributing to it as well. 

Guest SJP79
3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Unfortunately that’s the world we live in. It is going to take more than you or me or even every person on this forum to protest against those injustices for anything to change. I’m sure almost all mass manufactured products are made under questionable working conditions. I wouldn’t say I am ignorant to it, but unless you live in a cave then you are contributing to it as well. 

The wife say's its a cave :) even after my lockdown works.

Edited by SJP79

1 hour ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Well, I'm presuming the folk on here will justify the attack by claiming the victim had unsavoury political views. 

The definition of lynch is thus:

So his 'offence' will be his political views, or perhaps he insulted someone or even attacked someone. Perhaps his political views were imputed, maybe he was wearing something that indicated he might have an affiliation with some group or other.

So if he goes on to die in hospital, you may well get your wish, as he will have been killed for his crime.

23A94CF0-8210-400A-BE34-3BE6AF9E3CEE.jpeg