George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've a mate who lived in Japan for a couple of years.

He said he was out with his Japanese girlfriend one day. Some guy who was about 80 spat at his feet and then  said to his girlfriend: "this American dog has got AIDS". 

"You can't infect me through saliva, you ignorant auld bam"

20 hours ago, Dee Man said:

What sort of abuse have you been getting? Please don't say sassenach - that has to be the worst attempted putdown in history. 

For instance I went to a beautiful wee coastal village this morning to work. The locals are great, but cheeky b*****ds. So I had the usual “English c**t” “Berwick b*****d” “I wouldn’t let you c***s over the border” all I took as banter off the inbreeds. I’ve nothing against it as light hearted banter, but there’s an element that’s getting nastier with it. The worst was when my son, as a young teenager, was told to f**k off and put out a shop, for wearing an England top. Ive never been called a sassenach 🤣

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

He said he was out with his Japanese girlfriend one day. Some guy who was about 80 spat at his feet and then  said to his girlfriend: "this American dog has got AIDS". 

To be fair, the Americans probably dropped a nuke on him when he was a wee boy.

Wow, that sounds about the most unjapanese thing ever. They're super polite.

No matter how much some folk would like to pretend otherwise, there's no algorithm you can pass every term through that'll work out whether it's definitively racist or xenophobic or acceptable or not. 

Edited by Gordon EF

49 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

For instance I went to a beautiful wee coastal village this morning to work. The locals are great, but cheeky b*****ds. So I had the usual “English c**t” “Berwick b*****d” “I wouldn’t let you c***s over the border” all I took as banter off the inbreeds. I’ve nothing against it as light hearted banter, but there’s an element that’s getting nastier with it. The worst was when my son, as a young teenager, was told to f**k off and put out a shop, for wearing an England top. Ive never been called a sassenach 🤣

And rightly so, IMO. 

Spoiler

I used to love this kit but never told anyone for fear of being labelled a traitor. Or a sassenach. 35061840_max.thumb.jpg.a2e9deae098dd99435e33575c362fd79.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

And rightly so, IMO. 

Hide contents

I used to love this kit but never told anyone for fear of being labelled a traitor. Or a sassenach. 35061840_max.thumb.jpg.a2e9deae098dd99435e33575c362fd79.jpg

Fucking traitor. I'd never call you a sassenach though; that would be mean.

Whether or not anyone believes me I’m not radicalised by any daft racist online and just spend the last half an hour watching this guy troll the types of morons that I guess a few people on here think I’m going to end up like. Anyway it’s pretty funny. 
He made up a fake splinter cell of the edl then dressed up as an old white man in a wheelchair and got tommy Robinson to endorse fake merch for it.

:lol:

If I saw a guy wearing an England top in Scotland I would assume he was doing it to be a p***k. 

If you find the term jock offensive and racist then you are a very sensitive individual who finds lots of things offensive. There is at least one derogatory/slang term for every nationality that gets used against every country on the planet by people in bordering countries, there is nothing to the word jock to be offended by and shouldn’t be confused with racist terms. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

If I saw a guy wearing an England top in Scotland I would assume he was doing it to be a p***k. 

If you find the term jock offensive and racist then you are a very sensitive individual who finds lots of things offensive. There is at least one derogatory/slang term for every nationality that gets used against every country on the planet by people in bordering countries, there is nothing to the word jock to be offended by and shouldn’t be confused with racist terms. 

It's a shame that everyone in England doesn't share your opinion. There are plenty of folk who use it as an insult.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's a shame that everyone in England doesn't share your opinion. There are plenty of folk who use it as an insult.

And plenty of people in Scotland insult the English regularly as well with words like sassanach. Scottish v English rivalry is a 2 way street and members of each side take the rivalry too far at times. 

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I concur, prime gammon the lot of them. Thankfully most of the people I interact with are not that way inclined. The further South you go the more twats you encounter.

3 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I concur, prime gammon the lot of them. Thankfully most of the people I interact with are not that way inclined. The further South you go the more twats you encounter.

I am not denying that England is full of twats. 

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

Aye, I was born in the Midlands and moved to the Home Counties later on. There is/was a...marked difference in the good guy/w**k ratio, shall we say.

...and no, me moving there didn't make it worse, ha ha, f**k you P&B, you bunch of jock c***s.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

And plenty of people in Scotland insult the English regularly as well with words like sassanach. Scottish v English rivalry is a 2 way street and members of each side take the rivalry too far at times. 

So jock isn't an insult but sassanach is? What an odd state of affairs.

I'd expect that kind of whataboutery from Kinky.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, I was born in the Midlands and moved to the Home Counties later on. There is/was a...marked difference in the good guy/w**k ratio, shall we say.

...and no, me moving there didn't make it worse, ha ha, f**k you P&B, you bunch of jock c***s.

The reality is that you are coming up against unpleasant characters who don’t like you for what ever reason. The term Jock itself isn’t offensive but it’s offending you and other posters because you were  being ganged up on it sneered at by people who are twats. It’s all about intent rather than the word itself.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

So jock isn't an insult but sassanach is? What an odd state of affairs.

I'd expect that kind of whataboutery from Kinky.

How on earth are you concluding that from what I’ve said? I’m saying they are the same level of insult that can get thrown back at one another.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

How on earth are you concluding that from what I’ve said? I’m saying they are the same level of insult that can get thrown back at one another.

You literally just said that there's nothing to be offended by being called a jock, but that sassanach is an insult.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

The reality is that you are coming up against unpleasant characters who don’t like you for what ever reason. The term Jock itself isn’t offensive but it’s offending you and other posters because you were  being ganged up on it sneered at by people who are twats. It’s all about intent rather than the word itself.

You're reading rather a lot into that. You're also on the verge of arguing that any ethnic/racial/national insult is in the eye of the beholder so people should just suck it up. Good luck with that.

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You literally just said that there's nothing to be offended by being called a jock, but that sassanach is an insult.

You're reading rather a lot into that. You're also on the verge of arguing that any ethnic/racial/national insult is in the eye of the beholder so people should just suck it up. Good luck with that.

It’s not what i said at all, I said Scottish people can retaliate by calling English people sassanachs and use other terms that are on par with jock. It’s a 2 way street that you see between all nations that share a border.