George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Maybe you and Gary tank commander should arrange a Scottish lives matter demonstration in Alloa.

Literally no idea what this means.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Isn't sassanach a term used to describe lowland Scots, rather than English, I know it means Saxon and could therefore be applied to both.

Sasannach is just English. Saxons.

The English speaking peoples of Lothian and the borders would have been Angles. Anglach

Gall is foreigner and can refer to English or Lowland Scots (confusingly the western Isles are still referred to as Na h-Innse Gall but that refers to Vikings. Gaels have a long memory) and Beurla Ghallda could refer to English or Scots language.

Usually you just say Beurla for English language which translates as language. 'S urrainn dha a' bheurla a bhruidhinn- He can speak the language.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

?

Just an English guy walking about in his football top? What's wrong with that?

Unless you mean that weird rangers guy who was wearing one which absolutely is just being a p***k.

If you mean this guy, then no excuse needed to show his uneducated fuddery again . . . . . . . .and again . . . . . . . . and

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

The English speaking peoples of Lothian and the borders would have been Angles. Anglach

Gall is foreigner and can refer to English or Lowland Scots (confusingly the western Isles are still referred to as Na h-Innse Gall but that refers to Vikings. Gaels have a long memory) and Beurla Ghallda could refer to English or Scots language.

Usually you just say Beurla for English language which translates as language. 'S urrainn dha a' bheurla a bhruidhinn- He can speak the language.

What a carry on. If anyone on either side is mortally offended by Jock or Sassanach they are quite easily hurt. I'd recommend just staying in forever.

It’s not what i said at all, I said Scottish people can retaliate by calling English people sassanachs and use other terms that are on par with jock. It’s a 2 way street that you see between all nations that share a border. 
I'd turn round and call them a c**t. Each to their own.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, throbber said:
It’s not what i said at all, I said Scottish people can retaliate by calling English people sassanachs and use other terms that are on par with jock. It’s a 2 way street that you see between all nations that share a border. 

I'd turn round and call them a c**t. Each to their own.

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Darvel FC thread for this pish.

4 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I can't help but think that some people are taking life too seriously, I have been guilty of falling for that in the past, but meh, not doing that again. Just be kind to other folks unless they are inflicting harm on other people.

There's a van currently driving around Alloa with (among other slogans) ALL LIVES ARE PRECIOUS printed on the side. It's playing the sounds of sheep bleating on loudspeakers.

Looks like the local 'Freeman on the Land" nutter has found a new cause. I assume the slogan has something to do with BLM, but he's being as coherent as ever.

57 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

There's a van currently driving around Alloa with (among other slogans) ALL LIVES ARE PRECIOUS printed on the side. It's playing the sounds of sheep bleating on loudspeakers.

Looks like the local 'Freeman on the Land" nutter has found a new cause. I assume the slogan has something to do with BLM, but he's being as coherent as ever.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

Just now, MixuFruit said:

oh that's outstanding Imagine This Was Yer Da action there

I used to work in the town centre on Saturdays, and he'd wheech past the shop every now and then, belting out some incoherent nonsense or other. Because he'd be past us in a couple of seconds, you only got to hear a snippet, and it never made sense. The only bit I remember was about the council stealing £400 from him. I'd guess it was something to do with that Freeman stuff about how you don't have to do anything The Man tells you to, so he was angry that reality had imposed itself in the form of a judgement from the court.

His Facebook page - and he will absolutely have a Facebook page, guaranteed - must be a goldmine, so I'm trying to find out more information on the Alloa thread right now.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

Presumably he's lost the place after being laughed at for years and has decided to just drive about insulting everyone now.

Could get spicy. Hopefully someone's keeping a eye.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What a carry on. If anyone on either side is mortally offended by Jock or Sassanach they are quite easily hurt. I'd recommend just staying in forever.

Jock Lives Matter