George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Similarly, the only time I've ever been called a sassanach was by a distant relative, who'd always refer to me as "my wee sassanach" whenever we came up to stay. I didn't even know that was supposed to be an insult until recently; do thickos with a grudge against the English really break out Sassanach as part of their invective arsenal?

I’m feeling left out at never being called a sassanach now. All I’ve ever had is English w****r/c**t/b*****d/tosser etc. I do however get Big yin or big man, but I’m only 6’0, might have been I was19 st though 

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

I’m feeling left out at never being called a sassanach now. All I’ve ever had is English w****r/c**t/b*****d/tosser etc. I do however get Big yin or big man, but I’m only 6’0, might have been I was19 st though 

^^^ Sassanach

We need a higher class of xenophobic insult, I feel. I've only ever heard people say that they've had 'English' prefixed to the standard array of terms like you've mentioned. Lazy work from the thickos IMO.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

There's a van currently driving around Alloa with (among other slogans) ALL LIVES ARE PRECIOUS printed on the side. It's playing the sounds of sheep bleating on loudspeakers.

Looks like the local 'Freeman on the Land" nutter has found a new cause. I assume the slogan has something to do with BLM, but he's being as coherent as ever.

John 3 : 16

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I love these nutters. There was a guy living out of a broken down mercedes car on the A9 out past Newtonmore way a few years back who was good value for his mental hand written signs about bent police and that. You'd only ever be able to read a few words at a time as you passed.

This house is pretty much a landmark on London Road maybe half a mile east of Celtic Park:

The royal connection to Glasgow's Parkhead protest house near ...

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

This house is pretty much a landmark on London Road maybe half a mile east of Celtic Park:

All in favour of that. Much more interesting to look at than your average fascia. You'd be checking to see if your name had been added every time you walked by.

Unless they finally snap and start killing people, in which case, that's terrible, somebody should have done something, the warning signs were there, etc.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

All in favour of that. Much more interesting to look at than your average fascia. You'd be checking to see if your name had been added every time you walked by.

Unless they finally snap and start killing people, in which case, that's terrible, somebody should have done something, the warning signs were there, etc.

The first time I saw it I did a wee bit of research online to find out WTF it was all about...I came away none the wiser really. From what I could gather apparently the house was searched by the polis years back in connection with the theft of jewels belonging to Princess Di's mother(!)

The guy who owns claims they wrecked it in the process after which he started this "campaign" which so far has effectively implicated anyone who's been anywhere near a position of power in Scotland in the last 20 years.

I don't think he's a big enough fish to warrant the state-sponsored conspiracy against him he claims, so the smart money's on it him chancing his arm and attempting to get it renovated on the polis' money after it being a wreck to start with and being told to bolt..

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

The first time I saw it I did a wee bit of research online to find out WTF it was all about...I came away none the wiser really. From what I could gather apparently the house was searched by the polis years back in connection with the theft of jewels belonging to Princess Di's mother(!)

The guy who owns claims they wrecked it in the process after which he started this "campaign" which so far has effectively implicated anyone who's been anywhere near a position of power in Scotland in the last 20 years.

I don't think he's a big enough fish to warrant the state-sponsored conspiracy against him he claims, so the smart money's on it him chancing his arm and attempting to get it renovated on the polis' money after it being a wreck to start with and being told to bolt..

The guy is an absolute fruit loop. When I was on jury duty he spent every day of the 5 days I was in outside the High Court with a sandwich board demanding justice. Presumably it wasn't that unusual for him to be there. 

Obviously he doesn't realise that kind of thing would be dealt with at the Sheriff Court.

8 minutes ago, supermik said:

Wife came home earlier from the supermarket moaning like fuk. She said that a load of African women were blocking the aisles. Told her that’s what happens when Black wifes natter..

If only you knew the plural of 'wife'...

Still a c**t of a post.

On 09/07/2020 at 09:58, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Actually there's a pretty long list of actions taken to defund and reform police departments in the aftermath of these protests. It has also increased the awareness and support for the movement exponentially, and if it upsets the right people along the way I don't see the problem. There's certain people who won't be talked round regardless. 

Also lol, a lot of people already fund projects for education and volunteer.

So not exactly just virtue signalling eh? You seem to be approaching this from the start point of Direct Action and Protests are bad, and you're not paying attention when people tell you that 1- they're actually working pretty well and 2 - all your bright ideas have already been tried

Even a relatively small thing like the Coulston statue shows that direct action can work, when years of peaceful "democratic" action has achieved the square root of f**k all. 

19 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I actually remember you once coming on here swinging calling Scottish people small minded xenophobic arseholes or words to that effect. I think maybe you were having a rough day?

14 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Wow so much going on there, the Chief Constable has clearly had a boob job, they shouldn't be that round at his age. They couldn't think of a single "P" word for the SNP and Willie Rennie has clearly pissed them off at a later date.

Anyone who doesn't laugh or feel sorry for whoever put that together is OFTW