George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

38 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Never pay for PPV - especially this. A mob who fall over at the sight of a milkshake versus crusties with a Cause? Round One KO, NAP.

Dunno like, could be a decent scrap. Tommy’s a wee wimp but I imagine some of his skinhead gammons could fare well. A lot of the statue desecrators look very scrawny and in need of a good meal and/or wash. Strength of numbers should see them through though.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Dunno like, could be a decent scrap. Tommy’s a wee wimp but I imagine some of his skinhead gammons could fare well. A lot of the statue desecrators look very scrawny and in need of a good meal and/or wash. Strength of numbers should see them through though.

A bunch of overweight gammons who haven't had been in a fight since they threw some plastic chairs at a Spanish waiter in Malaga turning up for a fight expecting to see a bunch of Guardian reading middle class kids in skinny jeans and coloured hair and a bunch of young lads from Wood Green and A-Town turning up and slapping them right into the Thames sounds lovely

9 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Tommy's lads were shown up big time by the Russians at Euro 2016. The protesters have nothing to worry about from those fat wankers.

In fairness those Russians would’ve battered anyone about. Mental cases.

What if the Tommy’s boys were also backed up by these scruffy c***s. Lovely socially distanced defence formation there.

4ECBB7E0-EAD6-4BA0-85FB-703EA34143D4.thumb.jpeg.e73d05afbdd37e972fd79f439a701ed4.jpeg

A99359D2-77F3-411A-A379-ACDDE1142316.jpeg.84ef367741705337155e91689446998e.jpeg

c**t’s got a pair of lovely flippers on.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

26 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Do you honestly think that, after lying, and spewing up a lot of utter nonsense about the content of a video you never botherred watching/istening to, you've come out of this echange well? Lol.

It's fine by me if they want to go and clean a statue. I never shamed them for doing so. All I'm doing is pointing and laughing how much of a dyed in the wool Britnat you'd have to be to be offended enough to want to go and do that. Trying to make out that I'm a partisan that's denouncing the mundance actions of politically non-aligned people, purely FOR being politically non-aligned, is more made up nonsense from yourself.

As for me being angry; this "stupid, frothing imbecille" thinks you should look in the mirror.

You are really clutching at straws with the accusations that I’m lying about anything or that I never watched the video, I said I skimmed over it meaning I didn’t hear every word that was said but still saw it for what it was - a group of guys cleaning up a statue that was vandalised that stood for something they respected. It’s you who has a problem here, not the so called bootlickers and not me.

55 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

No probs, Throbs. Just let us know what public-spirited service these paragons were doing for the last few weekends, and we'll all agree they're an example we would do well to follow.

or....

We'll just see them as sad cúnts who want the Tommeh gang to tweet their approval.

Over to you..

Assuming people are right wing racists because they are cleaning up public property that has been vandalised is dangerously stupid logic but not in the least bit surprising in 2020 U.K.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think anyone condones people lobbing bricks around. I don't know about you, but there are a large number of people I know who didn't even realise that half of Glasgows streets are named after slave traders, so I'd say some graffiti/statue toppling is probably serving a purpose. The very fact that we aren't educated on that sort of history at school is a huge part of these protests IMO. 

Not really interested in a debate about who is worse between the extremes of the political spectrum.

It's them, obviously.

54 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

no Scottish literature either. A good warts and all run down of the good and bad bits of our history and culture would be welcome & I think it's better for kids now than it was 25 years ago.

We got The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Sunset Song, and the  plays of George Gunn (I think).

I also seem to recall doing plenty of Scottish history - coming from so close to Culloden we could hardly not, I suppose.  The Second World War was presented from a mainly Scottish (and German, in 6th year) perspective, as I remember it. 

54 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I would hazard a guess that the majority of cúnts with statues dating from the 18th and 19th centuries paid for the fuckers themselves.

Anyhoo, to address your confusion. You want to know what people want? Here's an idea. Ask them. Or, as I have seen expressed in many eloquent video messages, twitter posts, FB posts and forum contributions over the last few years, listen to what they are already telling you. Or not - after all, the BBC and the UK Press will tell you all you need to know.

And stop using "we" when it's clearly inapprpriate to do so.

Oh, and define "far left" while you're at it.

Rant over - time for a 44mile drive home, with Mark Steel on the Sounds app.

:lol: I doubt it. It would have been a grateful nation/city/town,burgh/borough. Paid for by public subscription of course. (Voluntary or otherwise.)

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

Assuming people are right wing racists because they are cleaning up public property that has been vandalised is dangerously stupid logic but not in the least bit surprising in 2020 U.K.

I don't think there's any doubt about who they are. I've no problem with them doing it though.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Oh, and define "far left" while you're at it.

Define 'far left' ?

Well, I suppose one definition would be inward looking fuckwits who exist in their own wee bubble, think that they're morally correct all the time while acting like twats, believe that everyone else apart from them must be incorrect, and love vacuous echo chambers like the P&B politics forum. 

Other definitions may be available. 

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

With no scientific basis behind it, I'll hazard a guess that every 19th or 18th century cnut who has a statue to himself, anywhere in the UK....maybe anywhere worldwide.... has some elements of his past that are unacceptable by modern values.

Surely we can all get with slavery being bad, right? I mean, we can quibble over their divorces or whatever, but can we just say for starters that slave owners who killed tens of thousands of people are bad, regardless of what else they've done?

I apologise, because I'm confused by what some people in the UK want out of this. Do we want to exert pressure on the US government to clamp down on institutional racism ? Do we want a reaction from the UK government ?  Exactly what reaction ? Are we marching to have the Minneapolis police disbanded ? Or are we simply using the events in Minneapolis as an excuse for the far left lashing out ?

If you think this is the left lashing out, you haven't been paying attention. 

What it's about is that everyone is really sick of racism and it's time that it all ended. Now. No more excuses. No more debate. Time's up.

Forcing black kids to attend schools named after slave owners is completely despicable and no amount of exhortations to history make any difference. Making black people walk under the gaze of statues to genocidal b*****ds is wrong.

I wonder how many different reasons people in Bristol and London had yesterday for joining the demonstration. 

Just as I wonder how many moaning about it are doing so for the obvious reason.