George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Has anyone seen Yaxley Lennons seething rant about the Churchill statue? Its genuinely one of the most fantastic heads gones I have ever seen

It’s better when it’s mixed in with park life.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Well, I suppose one definition would be inward looking fuckwits who exist in their own wee bubble, think that they're morally correct all the time while acting like twats, believe that everyone else apart from them must be incorrect, and love vacuous echo chambers like the P&B politics forum. 

Can you define "far right" now?

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'd be quite happy to march for equality. 

It wouldn't come into head once though on that march to lob bricks at the police, scrawl graffiti on statues, or tow a statue and dump it in the river. 

As with any march or demonstration over the last few years, the vast majority come for their own, peaceful reasons. But as with pretty much any demonstration these days, there is a left wing element who are using peaceful protest as a cover for their own twisted fuckwittery. 

They're just as bad as the far right...maybe even more so, because their agenda undermines the (normally good) cause that the vast majority think they're supporting. 

What agenda does the far right push that isn't quite as bad as something you think the far left undermines?

Genuinely curious.

Next time anyone has a whinge about statues being torn down ask them to name the people on the statues at George Square (other statues are available). Most of them can't name a single one.

It's not like the majority of the statues we have in Scotland are beloved icons anyway. Who gives a f**k about Robert Peel in Scotland?

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Next time anyone has a whinge about statues being torn down ask them to name the people on the statues at George Square (other statues are available). Most of them can't name a single one.

It's not like the majority of the statues we have in Scotland are beloved icons anyway. Who gives a f**k about Robert Peel in Scotland?

There's a statue of James Watt which the citizens of that failed city have tried to claim as one of their own. I'm all for removing that and hauling it down the M8 in triumph, as Greater Greenock's Stone of Destiny moment. 

First we take the statue, then we resilt the upper river and charge tariffs on all 'inland' trade. We'll be as rich as Singapore in no time.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's a statue of James Watt which the citizens of that failed city have tried to claim as one of their own. I'm all for removing that and hauling it down the M8 in triumph, as Greater Greenock's Stone of Destiny moment. 

First we take the statue, then we resilt the upper river and charge tariffs on all 'inland' trade. We'll be as rich as Singapore in no time.

Of the dozen statues in George Square only 5 feature Weegies (John Moore, James Oswald, Lord Clyde, Thomas Graham and Thomas Campbell). Once the other 7 are repatriated time to get statues up of Frankie Boyle, Darius Danesh, Mhairi Black, Alex Ferguson, Nikki Cross, Scrooge McDuck and Liz Lochhead

13 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Funny how a definitive "Yes I watched what they said", suddenly transforms into "I skimmed over it" when you are confronted with what they had actually said, verbatim, and realise you've made an arse of it & that I was right.  

So you admit that they were doing it for politically sentimental reasons, and not out of some civic duty to repair public property like you originally stated? Good. See next time, try to have an accurate understanding on the content of the subject you are arguing about before giving an inaccurate rundown on it. "Skimming over" something is not really good enough if you're going to try and challenge someone else perception of the content.

You are again banging on about the skimmed over comment - do you think everyone who watches a video on twitter or P&B goes over every fine detail before commenting? I’ve seen it enough times to stand by what I said first time around that there is absolutely nothing to it to suggest these guys are bootlickers or what ever else you are accusing them of.

Just because I said the statue stood for something they respected did not mean anything political, they likely just don’t want to see it covered in graffiti, maybe they live in the area and don’t like the look of vandalised statues?

The guys are just minding their own business as well and the person who posted the video on twitter has gone up to them for the interview, they aren’t filming themselves doing it or bringing attention to themselves. Please, please find something more important to be offended by.

19 minutes ago, virginton said:

Individual tolls at every Greenock station.