27 games. 14,10,10,10

It's been widely said clubs want to mothball this league. Why are people making it like I just came up with that idea.

Someone suggested clubs using amateur contracts. Great idea I hadn't thought of that could mean some sort of games would go ahead in each league....

I just don't think it's fair that teams can choose if they want to play or not.

I also liked tx rover idea of a half season at the very worst. Still think if championship can do it we can too as a few teams in that league in the same situation as teams in L1 and L2

I would imagine testing and training is a lot more difficult for the part time sides.  You only have the players for a short time period to complete training, the testing of players would eat all that time up.  

Players also have jobs, you can test them but they will be going back into a work environment and therefore be more at risk of picking covid up than full time players.

17 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

And another one to strengthen Hearts' ( and Partick Thistle and Stranraer's) case against relegation.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tranmere-rovers-ready-sue-efl-22189463

Have I missed something in that article?

All it contains is Tranmare threatening legal action, and literally nothing that says theyve been successful in it.

How does it "strengthen" anything? Its literally just someone moaning in the papers.

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Someone suggested clubs using amateur contracts. Great idea I hadn't thought of that could mean some sort of games would go ahead in each league....

I just don't think it's fair that teams can choose if they want to play or not.

Aye ask the players to play for nothing, great idea.

Who is choosing not to play? 

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

And another one to strengthen Hearts' ( and Partick Thistle and Stranraer's) case against relegation.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tranmere-rovers-ready-sue-efl-22189463

I can't see that succeeding. 

Tranmere's complaint is that there were better options available.  Namely voiding or using their margin of error proposal to keep them safe.

But that's not what a legal challenge would be about.  It would be whether it was an unavailable option.  And PPG is plainly a reasonable choice.

What is also wrong in our view is that clubs in League Two are being given a chance to earn promotion through the play-offs but we haven’t been given the chance to try and stay up.

The teams given a chance in promotion play-offs are those that are in the promotion play-off positions.  The teams being relegated are those in the relegation positions.  It's normal.

It must be remembered that this ludicrous plan has been thought up by a supporter of a team who look like they've chucked all their eggs in the one basket by signing up near enough a full squad. If things start back later than anticipated they could be up shit creek and joining the list of clubs hes rhymed off to be in immediate financial danger in other threads...

Aye ask the players to play for nothing, great idea.
Who is choosing not to play? 

29 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Will probably become clear which teams favour mothballing for a year and who doesn't this week 

We know there’s at least 2 that will be against mothballing. The rest are likely to be happy with it (with maybe one exception). 

52 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

We know there’s at least 2 that will be against mothballing. The rest are likely to be happy with it (with maybe one exception). 

I think to be honest looking at squads and potential costs , I would say at least 6 would vote to play in october, whether another couple could be persuaded who knows.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Totally.

I think there needs to be some sort of fair outcome for teams that want to keep playing and those who don't. 

I get why teams won't and if I ran a club I would probably do the same.

But if I had a full team squad signed up I defo would be wanting to play and would be livid if they had to sit and do nothing for a year cause others didn't want to play...

16 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The legal system in England is different and the EFL's / FA's constitution/regulations are different from the SPFL's/SFA's. Even if Tranmere succeed it says nothing about the situation up here.

3 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Will probably become clear which teams favour mothballing for a year and who doesn't this week 

That's not what I asked you. The teams who "favour mothballing" likely "favour" that outcome because trying to pay for a full squad with no crowds will mean liquidation. It's not exactly a choice. I'm asking you to tell me which teams are actively choosing not to play when they physically can.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's not what I asked you. The teams who "favour mothballing" likely "favour" that outcome because trying to pay for a full squad with no crowds will mean liquidation. It's not exactly a choice. I'm asking you to tell me which teams are actively choosing not to play when they physically can.

Not 100% sure but when Dunfermline released 17 players did they not say they would rather not play games ??

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not 100% sure but when Dunfermline released 17 players did they not say they would rather not play games ??

Aye, Dunfermline were formed in 1885 and have played league football every year since, but they've just decided they can't be bothered playing next year.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

How am I meant to rattle off which teams don't want to play. It's clear to see from statements that there is teams and chairman who are wanting that.

Read particks, Clyde's alludes to it too.

Some clubs are actively pushing no footy for 12 months it seems.

Not something I've made up. Yes all teams want to play but there is some that by the sounds of it have made their mind up that rather than okay a half season or that they would rather no season...