Marcus Rashford

Marcus Rashford - future politician after football? Young black man, ex-footballer, man of the people...becomes PM. He couldn’t do any worse than the current regime that’s for sure!
I love what he has done in recent days, then I note from his twitter he has a Roger Federer style monogram of his initials. I know hes not alone on this but still, bitterly disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

People don't vote in a Tory government so that starving children get fed. Boris needs to get his house in order here.

Its ok they are all complaining that the parents claiming the vouchers have all got 60" tv's and the latest Iphone 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I’m not taken in by f**k all, he is a tv presenter and journalist who is doing a good job covering the coronavirus. You can still do things that are good for your ratings and career that are also good for the people of the country. I enjoy watching him pour scorn on the U.K. and American governments for the utter shit show we have witnessed and plenty of others feel the same. 

I agree with that, but lets not forget :

Speaking to Ruth Davidson on LBC, Mr Morgan said: “I voted for Boris Johnson and the Conservative Party.

22 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

IMG_20200617_102416.thumb.jpg.d7104cc80ff0d4ac56b99567b482a101.jpg

IMG_20200617_102419.thumb.jpg.07b3993e4e40f2eb55a3507544bda586.jpg

Someone needs to boil that c**t in oil.

8 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

You could have just written that mate. In this case it's government ministers, but I'm sure it'll be back to anyone and everyone, usually folk with much less power than him soon. 

I'm no fan of Piers Morgan but at least someone with a large following and an abrasive nature is holding the govt. to task. You're absolutely correct that he has seen which way the wind is blowing.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

I'm no fan of Piers Morgan but at least someone with a large following and an abrasive nature is holding the govt. to task. You're absolutely correct that he has seen which way the wind is blowing.

Fair enough man and I wouldn't disagree he has done a good job in this specific period. Just saying beware the grift is all

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Fair enough man and I wouldn't disagree he has done a good job in this specific period. Just saying beware the grift is all

Let's remember he was licking Trumps boots not too long ago.

He's cretin. But he's my cretin at the moment 😂

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

People don't vote in a Tory government so that starving children get fed. Boris needs to get his house in order here.

Tory mp Ben Bradley is raging about this just now in the commons...thats the tory that thinks poor people should have vasectomies 

Just now, throbber said:

It is a little bit though when you say I’ve been “taken in” by him because I occasionally watch his highlights on twitter and enjoy his input during the pandemic. 

Not sure how that one works but fair enough. You didn't just say you enjoy his input during the pandemic though did you? If you like him that's fine, but you can't just ignore the fact he's a history of being a reprehensible fud. If you  can't see this is just a part of his constant cycle of being a roaster and then rehabilitating his public image then you absolutely have been taken in by him. If you just don't care then that's another thing, and good for you. 

Sad to see that Throbber has been radicalized by Piers Morgan.

He'll be hacking dead girl's phones and screaming abuse at Greggs for selling vegan stuff in no time.

I hope more footballers (and others with a high profile) have realised what an influence they can have on the issues important to them and the rest of the country. I’m all for taking the piss out of the uselessness of the Labour Party at the moment, but let’s not pretend that the rareness of a young PL footballer getting so openly political isn’t a huge contributor to the u-turn.

To a large portion of the population, politics is just politics and it seems a bit like an endless game of cat and mouse, which is why Starmer and Labour MPs fighting for FSM wasn’t effective in the first place (as well as their weak-as-piss opposition to the Tories).

Interesting to see if Labour use this to their advantage to try and get Rashford on board to actively campaign on their behalf in the future.

47 minutes ago, smpar said:

To a large portion of the population, politics is just politics

It really, really pisses me off when folk say they're not interested, or don't care, about politics because it doesn't affect them. It affects literally everything you do.