Serious incident in Glasgow

There will be a criminal case as clearly a crime has been committed. The police shooting will be investigated, as all police shootings are. I don’t know if the coroner will also have an inquiry into the death.
Yep, as posted further up, there will be an investigation into the circumstances that led to an officer discharging his firearm, never mind the fact he killed somebody. There could be an inquest to decide if the killing was lawful or unlawful depending on what the original investigation shows up.

It would appear that Danny Shaw from the BBC was the first to mention deaths quoting a Whitehall source. Not surprisingly his tweet that mentioned that has long since been deleted.

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There’s so much wrong in that (Not in what you’ve said). It always amazes me why so many asylum seekers bypass other safe countries to come to the “shithole” that is Britain 

The more I read your posts, the more I conclude that your views are those of a horrible little c**t,

who cares for no one, or no thing, other than his own whining.

Edited by beefybake

32 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

There will be a criminal case as clearly a crime has been committed. The police shooting will be investigated, as all police shootings are. I don’t know if the coroner will also have an inquiry into the death.

Just found out we don't have coroners in Scotland. The Procurator Fiscal can order an enquiry, but not sure what happens when there's little question about the events.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just found out we don't have coroners in Scotland. The Procurator Fiscal can order an enquiry, but not sure what happens when there's little question about the events.

The question that I would ask is ...

At what point did the police shoot ?

That is, basically, was it an execution ?

Edited by beefybake

2 minutes ago, beefybake said:

The question that I would ask is ...

At what point did the police shoot ?

That is, basically, was it an execution ?

Given that there are 6 stabbed people in hospital, including a critically injured policeman, I doubt he was shot for lolz.

I wasn’t sure - I think there are sometimes Fatal Accident Inquiries about stuff like this?

I'm no polis, but surely a highly-trained firearms officer could shoot a person in a way that would incapacitate a knife-holder rather than kill him?

EDIT: I realise that my poorly-worded post makes it look like I'm criticising the police officer who shot the boy - to clarify, I'm not, but nor am I a fan of deleting posts. I'm just wondering whether there was method in trying to keep this guy alive in order to ascertain motive.

Edited by Gaz

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

I'm no polis, but surely a highly-trained firearms officer could shoot a person in a way that would incapacitate a knife-holder rather than kill him?

They shoot to kill

EDIT: I realise that my poorly-worded post makes it look like I'm criticising the police officer who shot the boy - to clarify, I'm not, but nor am I a fan of deleting posts. I'm just wondering whether there was method in trying to keep this guy alive in order to ascertain motive.

You've been watching too many cop shows.

Maybe they could have shot the knife out of his hand?

Just now, Romeo said:
5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

You've been watching too many cop shows.

I can't argue with that tbf

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Three people were rushed to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital where they were pronounced dead.

They were then transferred to a better hospital, where doctors upgraded their condition to alive.

106989.jpg

This is the post

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Three people were rushed to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital where they were pronounced dead.

They were then transferred to a better hospital, where doctors upgraded their condition to alive.

106989.jpg

They were pronounced dead but were allowed back to the hotel on the proviso they took rooms on a lower floor.

Edited by Shandon Par

My mate used to be an armed response officer, they are trained to target the torso as it's the biggest target and the easiest bit to hit.