Serious incident in Glasgow

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You realise the only person who died yesterday was the attacker?

The rest are, as far as I can see from reports, still in hospital.

There were 3 dead yesterday. f**k me our NHS are good!

Spotted that Lex and GordonS seem to have had an argument at some point between 1am and 3am on a Saturday.
That definitely seems like the sort of thing I should be spending my time reading...
Lex seemed to be toeing the BBC line that three people had been stabbed to death a good 12 hours after even they dropped it.

A formal investigation into the police responses has begun, which is normal procedure when an officer discharges his firearm, even more so when it results in a death.

Where did the initial 3 dead story originate though? Did the BBC pluck that from Twitter and run with it for a while?

A formal investigation into the police responses has begun, which is normal procedure when an officer discharges his firearm, even more so when it results in a death.

Where did the initial 3 dead story originate though? Did the BBC pluck that from Twitter and run with it for a while?

Yes, its investigated even when they discharge Pava Spray too.
The initial report of 3 dead seems to have come from someone guessing on twitter after eary wigging into ambulance staff talking to each other at the scene.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes, its investigated even when they discharge Pava Spray too.
The initial report of 3 dead seems to have come from someone guessing on twitter after eary wigging into ambulance staff talking to each other at the scene.

Maybe it was the ambulance person's first day and they hadn't did the bit about being dead or alive.

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

BBC got it from a senior Whitehall source, didn't verify it with anyone in Scotland and and ran with it

Edited by 101

Can't imagine this is a coincidence that a week or two ago asylum seekers were protesting that they've had their money taken from them and shoved into hotel accommodation. If it is ultimately tied to AS, hopefully this will lead to some genuine reflection on how we treat them, rather than navel gazing / buck passing 

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

BBC got it from a senior Whitehall source, didn't verify it with anyone in Scotland and and ran with it

I was watching sky news and the breathless reporter on the scene was wittering on saying we have a statement from James Matthews. A statement from your colleague for fucks sake. The presenter in the studio was trying to read out either a police statement or Nicola Sturgeons one but had to wait for the vitally important James Matthews statement. 

3 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I was watching sky news and the breathless reporter on the scene was wittering on saying we have a statement from James Matthews. A statement from your colleague for fucks sake. The presenter in the studio was trying to read out either a police statement or Nicola Sturgeons one but had to wait for the vitally important James Matthews statement. 

Mathews is a complete arse.

wait there's been limited details released on this, so how exactly does Farage know they're "illegal immigrants" and not people that have gone through an arduous process to claim asylum in full compliance with the relevant regulations?

He doesn’t know and cares not. He’s a c**t.