Serious incident in Glasgow

Police have said it was a targeted attack and oises no threat to the wider public. So aye, just a normal slashing.
It's good to hear Glasgow back to normality.

The people make Glasgow...

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Police have said it was a targeted attack and poses no threat to the wider public. So aye, just a normal slashing.

The local jakies are being housed in a hotel in Argyle St just along from there and it has been in the last few weeks a horrible place to walk

Edited by keithgy

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

The local jakies are being housed in a hotel in Argyle St just along from there and it has been in the last few weeks a horrible place to walk

City centre has been a horrible place to walk for months. Like a scene from The Walking Dead.

5 minutes ago, mathematics said:

City centre has been a horrible place to walk for months. Like a scene from The Walking Dead.

I haven't been in the town during the day for months, but I was nightshift on Thursday night and had to go to a breakdown under the Central Station bridge about half past midnight, the town is very eerie at that time of night withnext to nobody around.

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

Yeah, I had to nip into my office about a month back to pick up some stuff and that whole area west of Central Station looked like a scene from 28 Days Later.

Numerically I don't think there were any more of the terminally refreshed around there than there would be normally, but the fact that no-one was there bar them seemed weird....like a battlefield the day after the battle when all that's left are the casualties.

12 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Yeah, I had to nip into my office about a month back to pick up some stuff and that whole area west of Central Station looked like a scene from 28 Days Later.

Numerically I don't think there were any more of the terminally refreshed around there than there would be normally, but the fact that no-one was there bar them seemed weird....like a battlefield the day after the battle when all that's left are the casualties.

:lol:

Was in Dunfermline the other night around 6pm and was surpised at the amount of rough sleepers and general down and outs around the fire station/Carnegie Drive. What would it take off the Trident budget, 5%?, to end homelessness. 

17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It’s odd how much homelessness is generally accepted as just something that happens and is either deserved or something that can’t be changed when any look at more progressive countries shows that’s blatantly not the case.

I think there is a very small element who will always want to live outside the confines of 4 walls in a modern society, so to that minute extent homelessness will always exist, but in 99.99% of the cases it's simply down to spending priorities by local and national governments. It would be easy enough to fund something for everyone who needs and wants  a home.

Edited by Ross.

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I think there is a very small element who will always want to live outside the confines of 4 walls in a modern society, so to that minute extent homelessness will always exist, but in 99.99% of the cases it's simply down to spending priorities by local and national governments. It would be easy enough to fund something for everyone who needs and wants  a home.

Are there not a lot of empty houses about?

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig