Monkey business

According to the BBC, UK supermarkets are under pressure from animal rights groups to ban monkey-picked coconuts.

'Male monkeys are able to pick up to 1,000 coconuts a day, PETA says, whereas a human can pick about 80.'

i.e. they'd rather see ten humans doing the job of one monkey. Sickening.

'PETA said it also discovered "monkey schools", where the animals were trained to play basketball.'

And they want 'less' rather than 'more' of this. It beggars belief.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53276071

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Think you're mixing up coconut and cocaine there, shotgun. Underneath the hot sun.

Untrue. Whenever a box of chocolates was being handed round, I always, always, always got the coconut one. Evil stuff. Although the shells are useful for imitating horses hooves and makeshift bras while on a desert island.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Employ them as moderators on here, probably do a better job. IMO.

I don't remember the exact details but I read something about giving monkeys enough time, they could produce the complete works of Shakespeare. That's far more productive than picking coconuts imo.

I don't remember the exact details but I read something about giving monkeys enough time, they could produce the complete works of Shakespeare. That's far more productive than picking coconuts imo.
Why? It's already been done. Get the smart b*****ds to write something new.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Why? It's already been done. Get the smart b*****ds to write something new.

Are we still talking about monkeys or have we moved onto Hollywood now? If the latter, I agree.

8 hours ago, Duszek said:

According to the BBC, UK supermarkets are under pressure from animal rights groups to ban monkey-picked coconuts.

'Male monkeys are able to pick up to 1,000 coconuts a day, PETA says, whereas a human can pick about 80.'

i.e. they'd rather see ten humans doing the job of one monkey. Sickening.

'PETA said it also discovered "monkey schools", where the animals were trained to play basketball.'

And they want 'less' rather than 'more' of this. It beggars belief.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53276071

Basketball? Missed a chance to teach them tennis and get monkey tennis on the telly...

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Basketball? Missed a chance to teach them tennis and get monkey tennis on the telly...

A Monkey Olympics would be cool.

Long jump, 100-metre dash, kayaking... 

26 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What's the problem, what other jobs are monkeys qualified for? I'm quite happy to eat products they pick out a tree, I don't want them driving or operating machinery.

I saw a couple of them trying to shift a piano on the telly years ago.

Kept stopping for tea breaks the lazy buggers.