The Famous Aberdeen’s European (Tour?) 2020

Frank Grimes

We really need to get up the park more often. These guys haven't played any competitive football and we're playing in to their hands at times.

The players need to learn to keep the fucking hands down. Some of the decisions have been soft but if the ref has blown for it once don't do it another two times (looking at you Marley Watkins).

Still in it. Hoping they tire.

We’ve actually played pretty well though have struggled to create anything clear cut. Goal aside they’ve had one clear chance from a corner, but that’s been it, I’ll be pretty happy if we keep restricting them to 30 yard shots.

Watkins has been very poor, being overly physical/putting a hand on the defenders which is giving them a chance to go down. As someone said above, the ref has been very Maribor-esque, though Ferguson has been very ‘cute’ in terms of winning free kicks.

1 minute ago, AngusTheBull said:

We’ve actually played pretty well though have struggled to create anything clear cut. Goal aside they’ve had one clear chance from a corner, but that’s been it, I’ll be pretty happy if we keep restricting them to 30 yard shots.

Watkins has been very poor, being overly physical/putting a hand on the defenders which is giving them a chance to go down. As someone said above, the ref has been very Maribor-esque, though Ferguson has been very ‘cute’ in terms of winning free kicks.

I'd like to see Edmondson get a good go of it. Watkins puts in a power of work and his link up play is good but never looks like he's going to score.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd like to see Edmondson get a good go of it. Watkins puts in a power of work and his link up play is good but never looks like he's going to score.

He just looks bereft of confidence in front of goal. His link up play is great but I do think his decision making is often quite poor as well.