Cancel culture

You need to perform the litmus test of whether you have been cancelled or not. Open your mouth and let your belly rumble, and if you are quoted all over every right wing fleet street rag on Monday and prompt a slew of sycophantic editorial pieces praising you just for existing, then you've definitely been cancelled to f**k.

On 14/10/2022 at 16:23, Hillonearth said:

Remember the good old days when it used to be white doves they'd magic out of their pockets? He didn't do himself any favours in the fake knob department anyway...admittedly I was maybe eight or ten rows back, but it looked like a wrinkled two-incher.

Magic is the last thing I'd describe it as.

What time did he start when you went? Doors open at 7pm in Inverness but I can't be fucked going that early if he won't be on for hours.

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What time did he start when you went? Doors open at 7pm in Inverness but I can't be fucked going that early if he won't be on for hours.

It was a late show that the doors opened maybe 10pm and he came on 11ish - I think he might have done a double header that night TBH - I'm not sure as that time it was the bro-in-law who had picked up tickets for us as part of Christmas.

1 minute ago, Hillonearth said:

It was a late show that the doors opened maybe 10pm and he came on 11ish - I think he might have done a double header that night TBH - I'm not sure as that time it was the bro-in-law who had picked up tickets for us as part of Christmas.

Cheers, I'll go about 8 and hope for the best.

5 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Missed the start, think he started dead on 8pm. Think he's given up the willy thing, he showed an assortment of plastic ones at the end. Also explained a lot of his stuff is meant to be ironic a few times, obviously scared shitless of getting cancelled. 😜Laugh out loud quite a few times, was too far back to get much of the magic stuff. 

Edited by welshbairn

53 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Missed the start, think he started dead on 8pm. Think he's given up the willy thing, he showed an assortment of plastic ones at the end. Also explained a lot of his stuff is meant to ironic a few times, obviously scared shitless of getting cancelled. 😜Laugh out loud quite a few times, was too far back to get much of the magic stuff. 

I wouldn't worry too much about the card tricks, even from the front, they are what they are

I agree, he didn't need to explain as his very funny show stood on its own merits 

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Missed the start, think he started dead on 8pm. Think he's given up the willy thing, he showed an assortment of plastic ones at the end. Also explained a lot of his stuff is meant to be ironic a few times, obviously scared shitless of getting cancelled. 😜Laugh out loud quite a few times, was too far back to get much of the magic stuff. 

I saw him once years ago at the Edinburgh Festival - pretty sure it was in that Udderbelly tent thing - and he did a show with a lot more magic stuff than I'd seen him do previously, but there was a camera trained overhead so you could see what he was doing close up on a screen.

Think it was billed as an actual magic show, but he couldn't help himself doing fifteen minutes of Madeleine McCann stuff because that was current at the time :)

I think it's always been the case with him that if you forensically analysed his act and picked bits out of it to be offended about you'd definitely find them, but anyone who did would be outing themselves in spectacular fashion as not quite getting what he was trying to do in the first place.

18 hours ago, BFTD said:

Have we had a poster yet who's been punted, only to go on a "Div cancelled me!" alias rampage?

Loving Oaksoft positing that left-wingers and liberals would have no idea about what it's like to discover consequences for voicing their beliefs  :lol:

cc Donaldsons solicitors has that one covered. Even went to the trouble of creating an alias Website.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Met are talking about cancelling so called  "racist and misogynistic" police officers now. Political correctness gone mad.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/16/sack-sexist-and-racist-officers-met-police-report-rules

PC gone mad, surely?

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The Met are talking about cancelling so called  "racist and misogynistic" police officers now. Political correctness gone mad.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/16/sack-sexist-and-racist-officers-met-police-report-rules

you just can't say anthing anymore

18 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

you just can't say anthing anymore

Just cos one bad apple kidnapped, raped and murdered somebody who was probably teasing him, it's all gone "oooh, you can't say that, somebody might be offended".

Edited by welshbairn

Oaksoft's quite the supporter of trans rights, remember.

Unsurprising that the right to be a dick in the workplace would be of greater importance to him, however.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Teacher sacked 'after refusing to call schoolgirl, eight, by a boy's name' launches judicial review (msn.com)

But apparently there's no such thing as Cancel Culture as we keep being reassured.

Eh, you think a teacher should decide what name to call somebody's child? We don't know anything about the child and his biological history (just peeking at what nonsense you're coming up with now as your post followed mine, in case you're concerned)

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Eh, you think a teacher should decide what name to call somebody's child? We don't know anything about the child and his biological history (just peeking at what nonsense you're coming up with now as your post followed mine, in case you're concerned)

It's not even that complex, they were sacked for refusing to adhere to the policies of their workplace. Having a shit in the fryer at McDonalds and getting the bullet for it seems to be cancel culture by Oaksoft's logic. 

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Spending your evening desperately Googling words like "trans" and "woke" for attention is one hell of a way to spend an evening after retirement  :lol:

You'd think at the very least maybe you could get some Kraftwerk albums out of it and go listen to them. This is just sad. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Teacher sacked 'after refusing to call schoolgirl, eight, by a boy's name' launches judicial review (msn.com)

But apparently there's no such thing as Cancel Culture as we keep being reassured.

No one has been cancelled you blithering idiot.

She was rightly sacked for defying the wishes of both the child and their parents and indeed the instructions of her superior in the head teacher. 

The teacher's case is being backed by the Christian Legal Centre, the legal branch of evangelical campaign group Christian Concern.

The group lobbies against LGBT rights, such as the government's planned conversion therapy ban, and has previously held events such about 'protecting children against the transgender agenda'.

:lol:

The trans position by @oaksoft here is odd. Really dwelling on some minute. 

I know trans people. I work with trans people. It isn't difficult. Two go by "they", one goes by "he". If you are tying yourself in knots about this, all I can suggest is that you get to know some trans people. 

As for names, I call people by what they call themselves. I know folk that go by their middle names. If I worked in showbiz I would call people by their stage names. Just respect people and their choices. Dead naming people (look it up) is not in any way good.