WoSFL Premier Division thread

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I think option A) is a bit of a Goldilocks situation because it's either too short or too long, and option E) is far too convoluted and confusing. I'd say option B) is my preference, but it depends on whether they think it's possible to get everyone up to 19 games at the same time so that the split can be implemented. There might be issues with giving everyone an equal number of home and away games too. I'd say if there are conferences then option D) is better than option C), because it ensures that everyone still plays everyone.

I don't think they would do anything that requires a split during the season. Look at the difference in fixtures played when the season stopped in the middle of March.

As the majority of the EoS Premier has lights. I think they'll try and go ahead with a 34 game season and just cancel some of the cups. The WoSFL doing Option C or D would then allow the two leagues to finish at a similar time for the potential Lowland League playoff. Personally, I would go for Option D as everyone gets to play each other. 

Option D is definitely the most sensible way to go. Although I can see a few of the old committee men having an aneurism trying to get their heads around it and the inevitable argument of “conference A is stronger than conference B”, especially with 7 relegation spots 

Long way to go yet, let's allow the committee chaps to work their way through the normal fixtures before adding how to finish the season - they'll be using pen and paper to organise everything, no computers etc ☺️ Good luck everyone. Option D, and personally I'm against all splits to be honest. (Apart from Banana)

Long way to go yet, let's allow the committee chaps to work their way through the normal fixtures before adding how to finish the season - they'll be using pen and paper to organise everything, no computers etc [emoji3526] Good luck everyone. Option D, and personally I'm against all splits to be honest. (Apart from Banana)
But the problem previously in the juniors was that things were decided last minute. For example fixtures wouldn't get released until a few days before they were due to be played which was frustrating. I think we absolutely should be deciding how the season will finish so clubs know what is happening. Joining the pyramid I feel requires a bit more professionalism and setting out the rules of the competition helps with that

On 14/07/2020 at 18:23, Lokloyal said:

7 going down will make it even more important to get a good start to the league.Something which has let Lok down quite a few times recently 

Going back a bit remember 06-07 when we had that distaster start but then something clicked...

image.thumb.png.df57fbf15d66a29bbc629e7ea700e57a.png

But the problem previously in the juniors was that things were decided last minute. For example fixtures wouldn't get released until a few days before they were due to be played which was frustrating. I think we absolutely should be deciding how the season will finish so clubs know what is happening. Joining the pyramid I feel requires a bit more professionalism and setting out the rules of the competition helps with that
Thankfully the days of Scott Robertson in charge of the fixtures are well behind us.

1 hour ago, LeeKRR1878 said:
12 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:
Long way to go yet, let's allow the committee chaps to work their way through the normal fixtures before adding how to finish the season - they'll be using pen and paper to organise everything, no computers etc emoji3526.png Good luck everyone. Option D, and personally I'm against all splits to be honest. (Apart from Banana)

The WoSFL should hopefully get something like this http://slfl.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/The-Scottish-Lowland-Football-League-Season-2019-20-Fixture-List.pdf

Since that's the format that the Lowland League and EoSFL get there's in. Typically breaks down the various cups, then the specific dates, and holds a certain number of fixtures and dates in reserve. The typical scenario being that the TBC fixtures can be slotted in around cup runs/exits to try and minimise teams being idle and the reserve dates being used to slot in postponed games in Saturdays.

20 hours ago, glensmad said:

Auchinleck to win the league, and a shock team to be relegated.

You heard it here first, exclusively on this channel. emoji41.png

A shock team, what like the sponsor walks away leaving a club in tatters, player revolt, having to play their under 20's to finish the season, Nope too far fetched for me ! Never gonna happen is it ?

A shock team, what like the sponsor walks away leaving a club in tatters, player revolt, having to play their under 20's to finish the season, Nope too far fetched for me ! Never gonna happen is it ?
Not necessarily as dramatic as that, but I reckon one of the traditional established top league ex-junior sides will end up in the bottom seven.

Is that just coz they've moved into Senior football, different players etc  ? Would it be a surprise as it's probably not gonna be any of the big 3 or 4. Always nice to see a big club struggle for a change, will keep my eyes on that one. Give it 3 years and clubs will be in their rightful place I guess.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Is that just coz they've moved into Senior football, different players etc  ? Would it be a surprise as it's probably not gonna be any of the big 3 or 4. Always nice to see a big club struggle for a change, will keep my eyes on that one. 

Just about everyone got relegated from the West Region's top tier. Keep in mind for the majority of the time it was a 12 team league. So fairly easy to slip with a bad season back then.

Only Talbot had a 100% appearance record since its inception. 

7/20 are a lot worse than 3/16. Even 2/12. 

Darvel are newbies and expected to be challenging at the top. That's pushing down someone more established right there.

On 18 July 2020 at 22:13, FairWeatherFan said:

Just about everyone got relegated from the West Region's top tier. Keep in mind for the majority of the time it was a 12 team league. So fairly easy to slip with a bad season back then.

Only Talbot had a 100% appearance record since its inception. 

7/20 are a lot worse than 3/16. Even 2/12. 

Darvel are newbies and expected to be challenging at the top. That's pushing down someone more established right there.

If some team (a) wins it (b) get a license and (c) wins the play off to the LL, only six are going down.

On 18/07/2020 at 20:35, Andy groundhopper said:

Is that just coz they've moved into Senior football, different players etc  ? Would it be a surprise as it's probably not gonna be any of the big 3 or 4. Always nice to see a big club struggle for a change, will keep my eyes on that one. Give it 3 years and clubs will be in their rightful place I guess.

Like Hearts?