WoSFL Premier Division thread

4 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

They're the most arrogant club ever when it comes to cash and their regards to other clubs   , here's hoping the arrogance has finally caught up with them and the detestable maxi gets the sack .

And your evidence of that is what?

18 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I get there are some folks just looking to troll or rub it in, but ive lived with losing my team and although id find it funny if it was the old firm, i take no enjoyment from real football fans living with the threat of losing their team. Albeit my own team wasnt lost for financial reasons it still felt shite and wouldnt be on gloating here if the same happened to Pollok. Hope they sort it out and get back competing because tbh its as close to a local rivalry as we have. 

17 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

They're the most arrogant club ever when it comes to cash and their regards to other clubs   , here's hoping the arrogance has finally caught up with them and the detestable maxi gets the sack .

See above. One displays the spirit on which football at this level is based. The other? Well, judge for yourself.

Edited by jimbaxters

15 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Well done Beith. Wasnt at the game ( dont make many Saturday games at the moment ) but most of the guys that were there say it was deserved - Beith took their chances etc. There will be many ups and downs and surprises before the season is out. Talbot, Cumnock, Pollok, Gartcairn, Bens and Hurlford are probably too far away to win it but you never know ... and the top 4 have still to play mostly everyone. I think yesterday puts odds back in favour of Beith. Troon, Pollok, Largs and Arthurlie still to play against all of top 4 and could be the Kingmakers ? It's a brilliant season in a great, competitive league. 

Bankies 10 games left ( 5 home 5 away ) 41 points 

Home: Gartcairn, Troon, St Cadocs, Largs, Arthurlie  Away : St Cadocs, Darvel, Pollok, Troon, Hurlford 

Beith 15 games left. ( 8 home, 7 away ) 32 points

Home: Arthurlie, Bens, Darvel, Gartcairn, Glenafton, Pollok, st cadocs, troon Away:v Arthurlie, Talbot, Glenafton, Hurlford, Rob Roy, Largs, Troon

St Cadocs 13 games left  ( 6 home, 7 away ) 31 points 

Home: Talbot, Bankies, Darvel, Meadow, Largs, Troon  Away : Arthurlie, Beith, Bankies, Glenafton, Hurlford, Pollok, Troon 

Darvel 14 Games ( 7 home, 7 away ) left 30 points 

Home Arthurlie, Talbot, Bankies, Gartcairn, Meadow, Largs, Pollok, Away : Beith, Cumnock, Glenafton, Rob Roy, Pollok, St Cadocs, Troon 

Showing your arrogance once more, If Talbot win games in hand they are 3 points off you yet you don't count them in the running? If bankies don't go up this season I wouldn't be supprised if Matt Bampot and his cronies either look to change the rules in the WOS committee so it is the highest placed licensed club that go up even if they don't win league. Or do they get that desperate they go to south of Scotland league for an easier route. 

10 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Showing your arrogance once more, If Talbot win games in hand they are 3 points off you yet you don't count them in the running? If bankies don't go up this season I wouldn't be supprised if Matt Bampot and his cronies either look to change the rules in the WOS committee so it is the highest placed licensed club that go up even if they don't win league. Or do they get that desperate they go to south of Scotland league for an easier route. 

Your obsession with Matt is a bit creepy, hes a good guy who has worked his arse off for football at our level for a very long time now and taken nothing in return, phone going constantly, meetings all the time, think youre being out of order. 

14 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Showing your ignorance of how it is decided who gets into the promotion play-off.

It is a 4-way agreement between the Lowland League and the three feeder organisations, and for it to be changed it requires all four parties to be in agreement. So the WoSFL Board cannot just change the rules and nominate a non-champion team.

9 hours ago, passbackdave said:

The jackdaw is a *** probably a armchair *** that kids on he supports his local side. M8 ur embarrassing 

FTOF

MON THE PAPERS

Jesus christ what a bitter mess . 

Ps I've been watching beith since I was 6 and for the last 39 years so I must be a very good kidder 😆

Remaining fixtures out for the rest of the season I just noticed there when checking our upcoming games. 

Although the bankies are odds on favorites as they don't do cups/get put out them and are already got points in the bag, I do still think there will be one or two u[sets along the way. Even Talbot are coming into a bit of form and that is a Talbot team that is a shadow of it's self. We will still be in contention and St Cadocs will be the fark horses. Beith although can go clear, similar to us they need good fortune on the injury front as I don't believe they carry big numbers. On paper I would say St Cadocs have the best run in plus every home game os an advantage as no one wants to play on that disgrace of a pitch that is new tinto 

At bottom Medda are as good as down now, don't see a way back for them . Glens may have enough abiut them to stay up. Arthurlie and Troon are two others I see struggling. Going to make a predictions, Cumnock will not win another home game this season.  

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Remaining fixtures out for the rest of the season I just noticed there when checking our upcoming games. 

Although the bankies are odds on favorites as they don't do cups/get put out them and are already got points in the bag, I do still think there will be one or two u[sets along the way. Even Talbot are coming into a bit of form and that is a Talbot team that is a shadow of it's self. We will still be in contention and St Cadocs will be the fark horses. Beith although can go clear, similar to us they need good fortune on the injury front as I don't believe they carry big numbers. On paper I would say St Cadocs have the best run in plus every home game os an advantage as no one wants to play on that disgrace of a pitch that is new tinto 

At bottom Medda are as good as down now, don't see a way back for them . Glens may have enough abiut them to stay up. Arthurlie and Troon are two others I see struggling. Going to make a predictions, Cumnock will not win another home game this season.  

Maybe an idea to hurry a few of them up given the news about Charlie. That'll be two weekends up the spout, no doubt.

20 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Jesus christ what a bitter mess . 

Ps I've been watching beith since I was 6 and for the last 39 years so I must be a very good kidder 😆

Bitter about what? Because use best us on Saturday lol where u at the game I praised beith on there attitude and the way they played. Well done u for supporting them for last 39 year. Where u there on sat? I would've liked a chat n I'd a bought ye a beer 

Mon the papers

2 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Bitter about what? Because use best us on Saturday lol where u at the game I praised beith on there attitude and the way they played. Well done u for supporting them for last 39 year. Where u there on sat? I would've liked a chat n I'd a bought ye a beer 

Mon the papers

Yeah I was there on Saturday and was sat right in the middle of the bankies fans pre game and at half time having a drink or two. 

Then I departed after the game sharp to catch the second half of the game up  at ibrox .🤪 

Seriously though I sat on a seat that had one of your fans jackets on it and a bald guy maybe in his 50s who I've saw at lots of your games spoke to me and collected his  jacket just before kick off  .

59 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Yeah I was there on Saturday and was sat right in the middle of the bankies fans pre game and at half time having a drink or two. 

Then I departed after the game sharp to catch the second half of the game up  at ibrox .🤪 

Seriously though I sat on a seat that had one of your fans jackets on it and a bald guy maybe in his 50s who I've saw at lots of your games spoke to me and collected his  jacket just before kick off  .

I wouldn't bother telling that one on Graham Norton if I were you, Hertha 

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Aye I know the baldy. He travels on same supporters bus as me. Good guy always happy lol. I was with him before the game in club but I wasn't drinking am on antibiotics. Hopefully we never play use again(cos we're winning league) but if we do just ask most bankies fans know me. 

Mon the papers 

On 04/02/2024 at 23:58, Lokloyal said:

Many of them just turn up from all over Scotland ignoring their own local sides because it’s easy to “support” a team which wins 99% of its games against vastly poorer resourced opponents .And then they go home to their towns and villages dozens of miles from Glasgow and feel good.But have never enjoyed the ups and downs and the investment of following their own local team.And that’s why we love it.Lok have some issues arising from various factors at the moment but all Lok fans will I am sure rise up and meet the challenge because we love our own local club and are proud to follow it.

So you don't think Pollok might attract outsiders that don't live in Shawlands. They might even have season tickets for elsewhere in Glasgow and enjoy a visit to Newslandsfield when the big team is away or maybe playing on a Sunday.

Come to think of it, why do Clydebank play a lot of games on a Friday night?

46 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

So you don't think Pollok might attract outsiders that don't live in Shawlands. They might even have season tickets for elsewhere in Glasgow and enjoy a visit to Newslandsfield when the big team is away or maybe playing on a Sunday.

Think we have played twice on a Friday, I know at least one of them was at the opposition’s request. U20’s play on Friday’s.

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I am sure we have a number of fans who follow us as their local non league side and also follow a local side further up the senior ranks than us.

I don’t think many regular  fans travel great distances to watch us as most I suspect are from the Shawlands/Pollokshaws area and surrounds.

The bugbear of the Old Firm is the fact that many folk with no  connection at all to those teams travel  from all over Scotland never thinking about watching or supporting their local sides just because they can watch a team that wins almost every game.