WoSFL Premier Division thread

Another missed opportunity for us today. Scrappy 1st half which we gave away a really poor goal (like last week) while not being outplayed. 2nd half we were better team but couldn’t find a winner. 

And we were our usual totally inconsistent Lok.First 30 minutes really ran the game and should have been 3 up but instead fell out of the game and 2 ogs later were chasing anything which wasn’t coming!St Cs were strong and well shaped but we had the chances and yet again flopped.Ups and downs have nothing on us!

St cadocs right in the mix now, would say they have to beat us next week. Two defeats at home to gartcairn and largs have really fucked us over,we could get 18 from the last 6 and see what happens.

Think Beith will go on a run now and win the league by 6 or 7 points.

Mate beith fully deserved the 3 points , we scored right on half time whistle and went in 2-1 down which wasn’t a true reflection on the game , and then we huffed and puffed second half without really troubling the beith keeper , once wee mason scored the third game was over , they will win the league or I will be surprised 

At the bottom, it's 2 from 4 to go down (I think Meadow need 7 wins from their last 9 games which is unlikely).

Big ask for us and Glens I think who both need to win 5 of our last 11 games when we both have only won 4 out of 19 at this stage.

We play 3 of the bottom 5 in our run in and need to win all 3 imo to stand a chance with 6 away and 5 at home remaining. 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate beith fully deserved the 3 points , we scored right on half time whistle and went in 2-1 down which wasn’t a true reflection on the game , and then we huffed and puffed second half without really troubling the beith keeper , once wee mason scored the third game was over , they will win the league or I will be surprised 

What a job Strain is doing,  he might not be everybody's cup of tea but got to credit him

58 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

What a job Strain is doing,  he might not be everybody's cup of tea but got to credit him

Yep. Keeping it together well. Down to bare bones of a squad as well. Wouldn't surprise me if he joined half his team at Keanie Park. 

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:

Absolutely.

Beith keeping right in the mix is a superb achievement.

Its an exciting and open league with loads still to happen.Just wish we were part of it but I will be happy if we can just stay safe as we are the definition of inconsistency this year.

1 minute ago, Lokloyal said:

Absolutely.

Its an exciting and open league with loads still to happen.Just wish we were part of it but I will be happy if we can just stay safe as we are the definition of inconsistency this year.

Pollok will never do anything as long as Maxwell is manager.

2 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Absolutely.

Pollok are safe this season no doubt about it, we certainly aren’t writing your chances off of beating us this season. I think one more win from the 10 remaining games would secure the premier league for next season.  I think you’ll comfortably stay up.  

Beith would be a great success if they win the league again, giving the money the likes of Clydebank have thrown at the team this year to win it with their 25 man squad, beith are very much bare bones   Huge credit to strain for the job he has done.  By far the better team yesterday against us.

Clydebank still occupy top spot, they have a few games against teams that play on astros which Clydebank don’t seem to do well against. Bens, Largs, gartcairns have all taken points of Clydebank, seems a bit of a weakness.  

3 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I don’t rate him as a manager either for what it is worth.  Rubs players up the wrong way.  

Is it down to him as a person or his lack of ability as a football manager?

14 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Yep. Keeping it together well. Down to bare bones of a squad as well. Wouldn't surprise me if he joined half his team at Keanie Park. 

Don’t see him dropping a league for the sake of money.  Chris always strikes me as a manager trying to better himself not a money grabber.   

Johnston Burgh are a prime example of why you don’t through stupid money at a club at that level.  Is there any need to spend £1600 a week on one player at that level or for that matter any level outside the Scottish premier league? I critised the reported £800 a week we were paying mcshane, so I am consistent on that point.  

Just now, Lokloyal said:

As many know Mick Kennedy was desperate for the Lok job when Maxwell was appointed so was that an error?

1 minute ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Don’t see him dropping a league for the sake of money.  Chris always strikes me as a manager trying to better himself not a money grabber.   

Johnston Burgh are a prime example of why you don’t through stupid money at a club at that level.  Is there any need to spend £1600 a week on one player at that level or for that matter any level outside the Scottish premier league? I critised the reported £800 a week we were paying mcshane, so I am consistent on that point.  

Would it be the biggest failure ever in non league football if Johnstone fail to get promoted this season after the lunacy of the millions thrown at them?

Just now, Lokloyal said:

A combination of both, for what it is worth I personally don’t like/trust mcinally however I have credited him for the good job he has done this season. So I am able to not like someone but still respect them as a manager or give them credit when it’s due.  

Pollok for me are a club I have always liked and believe they should be competing at top end of the league.  I think the committee etc…have let the fans down over the past years 

1 minute ago, Lokloyal said:

Would it be the biggest failure ever in non league football if Johnstone fail to get promoted this season after the lunacy of the millions thrown at them?

Tossup between that and if the bankies fail to win the league.  Near enough a full team now on long contract extensions.