WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

They definitely are stronger than previous seasons when it’s went wrong. Bringing a few ex Talbot players who know how to win will have helped. 
So far maximum points despite 5 away from 8 games. 

If there is going to be a bump in the road then Largs and Talbot in their next games is possibly it, however if they come through that with 4 or more points then it’s hard to see anyone stopping them. Looking likely we will have the first promotion from the WoS league, and for the investment made by the Clydebank board then it’s probably the least they expect. 

After 40 odd years of watching The Bankies and more than a few false dawns there is no way I am getting carried away at the moment no matter how good a start to the season we have had. We have become a much tougher nut to crack and much better defensively and this has undoubtedly helped us to have such a good start. We have signed some hugely experienced quality players in Leishman , Syme . Cairns and Samson who have been over the course before but where I have also been really pleased is in the number of our players who were already there who have really stepped it up so far this season notably the Nickys Low and Little and Ciaran Mulcahy up front. A hell of a long way to go and some really tough games ahead over the coming weeks and months. Just got to stay focused and keep doing what we are doing ! 

Edited by Kilbowies Finest

We’ve started really well. Amazing start. But its all about season long consistency. The signings have been great and the guys we’ve had a while have really stepped up. We are winning games that we may have not won before and I just hope that continues. Id love my wee boy to be able to celebrate a league win with his granda, that would be a life affirming moment, but so much football to play. I believe in the team we’ve got but its obvious that this is a fantastic league with clubs who can play great football and shut us down too, so far too early to say someone’s won anything. 

Clydebank signed very cleverly in the close season.There was the structure of a good side already in place and the manager signed 4 very good players in 4 key positions to strengthen further.I can’t see them dropping many points and therefore for me look the best side for the title this season.Yes there are a lot of games to come but I think they have the depth and strength to deal with that better than others

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Is there any hope of catching Clydebank? As mentioned before, they usually go through a bad spell and it looks like it's going to take similar this year to give others a chance. They seem to be grinding out results but feel sure there's a good chance of a few teams in this league giving them a game. 

I'm sure you've seen plenty of 8 game winning runs in your time following Talbot. One's in your favour being more enjoyable than those from rivals. 20-22 games to go for those considered title contenders. Nothing's close to being decided.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm sure you've seen plenty of 8 game winning runs in your time following Talbot. One's in your favour being more enjoyable than those from rivals. 20-22 games to go for those considered title contenders. Nothing's close to being decided.

No, no, wasn't suggesting it was over. Just interested to read people's opinions on the possibility of them being caught. Loads of things can still happen, not least the aforementioned fixture pile ups which will happen now that Clydebank are advancing in the cups too.