WoSFL Premier Division thread

17 minutes ago, stanley said:

According to Wiki, entry to the Junior Cup:

2017-18: 157

2018-19: 129

2019-20: 132

2021-22: 110

2020-21: 108

It will probably continue to fluctuate now with some members coming and going. There seems to be no sign of any of the new west clubs joining the cup and of east clubs re-joining so far so it will simply rely on the old west junior clubs and the north/midlands sides continuing to enter. 

Assuming the last entry there is showing the wrong dates and is meant to be this year, I stand corrected. Thought because clubs like Darvel and Glencairn entered this year meant the entrants had gone up.

5 hours ago, Shanner said:

It's possible to concurrently wish to see your team progress through the pyramid as far as possible while also wishing that the LL wasn't so clearly and absolutely shite. 

No matter how progressive you proclaim to be I'd be sceptical of the honesty anyone saying they don't think the LL is anything better than a purgatory division that has to be endured rather than enjoyed.

Sideshow of the B teams to one side, that's kind of uniquely WoS feeling by now. Since there's been no movement of any members to weaken the WoS Premier.

The East has seen Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness Utd, and Tranent move on. Linlithgow Rose go up there isn't anyone in the EoSFL that could reliably get 300+.

20 minutes ago, stanley said:

It will probably continue to fluctuate now with some members coming and going. There seems to be no sign of any of the new west clubs joining the cup and of east clubs re-joining so far so it will simply rely on the old west junior clubs and the north/midlands sides continuing to enter. 

Down one with Syngenta folding. Although they were probably out the door anyway.

21 minutes ago, stanley said:

According to Wiki, entry to the Junior Cup:

2017-18: 157

2018-19: 129

2019-20: 132

2021-22: 110

2020-21: 108

I genuinely think it will fluctuate but cant see it rising that much.
Some teams this year in the junior cup have lost out on money and I'm sure they will reassess if its worthwhile entering next year and those who have missed out this year in the junior cup might decide to go back in and any team with an SFA license, its anyone's guess but id say most would just prefer the Scottish cup

1 minute ago, Thejackdaw said:

I just find it sad that that a homeless club like Clydebank can latch onto their neighbours and under the candles while playing under an artificial complex and be granted the stardom of being licensed while a good club like beith ( despite our slope could be held back)

Is Beith looking to gain a license in the near future and if so what would they require to gain the license,  cant think it would be that much, lots of facilities already there.    Got no problem with what Clydebank have done, I believe (could be wrong) but they did all the work to get the license and Yoker didn't contribute much except being the hosts.  Who owns the park again?  

4 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I just find it sad that that a homeless club like Clydebank can latch onto their neighbours and under the candles while playing under an artificial complex and be granted the stardom of being licensed while a good club like beith ( despite our slope could be hel

Watching the highlights from the weekend, with the combination of the slope and the wobbly camera was like watching The Matrix.

Edited by jimbaxters

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Sideshow of the B teams to one side, that's kind of uniquely WoS feeling by now. Since there's been no movement of any members to weaken the WoS Premier.

The East has seen Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness Utd, and Tranent move on. Linlithgow Rose go up there isn't anyone in the EoSFL that could reliably get 300+.

Down one with Syngenta folding. Although they were probably out the door anyway.

Yes I suppose that the likes of Linlithgow must feel like they've been left behind by their main traditional rivals, and the LL is probably a way of getting themselves on track. At least they could refresh their local rivalry with Boness.  I think lithgae  were always viewed as one of the clubs that would flourish soonest in the pyramid because they're very well supported, have a great set up, and sit bang in the middle of the central belt. I don't know what has happened to them in the last few years but they seem to be languishing badly. I suppose there's a cautionary tale there for the big guns in the West about how cutthroat football can be.

28 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I just find it sad that that a homeless club like Clydebank can latch onto their neighbours and under the candles while playing under an artificial complex and be granted the stardom of being licensed while a good club like beith ( despite our slope could be held back)

Both clubs as far as I am aware have the same status at Holm Park. Clydebank aren't the tenants of Yoker but rather both of them the tenants of West Dunbartonshire Council.

Interesting that Clydebank are the club that are licensed and not Yoker.

EDIT : I wonder if someone will be along to point out it isn't just floodlights you need for a Licence.

Edited by theesel1994

Just now, Shanner said:

Yes I suppose that the likes of Linlithgow must feel like they've been left behind by their main traditional rivals, and the LL is probably a way of getting themselves on track. At least they could refresh their local rivalry with Boness.  I think lithgae  were always viewed as one of the clubs that would flourish soonest in the pyramid because they're very well supported, have a great set up, and sit bang in the middle of the central belt. I don't know what has happened to them in the last few years but they seem to be languishing badly. I suppose there's a cautionary tale there for the big guns in the West about how cutthroat football can be.

Even if the LL opened up automatic promotion to each of the Tier 6 leagues, a majority of West clubs would rather play pass the parcel with the title to stay where they are for years to come. It's not quite Whitburn levels of turning down promotion but I can understand the reticence.

It's not a massive difference for a Glasgow area club travel wise, but for the first Ayrshire side they've got a lot more travel & loss of the derbies.

37 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Haha trying too hard there. 

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Even if the LL opened up automatic promotion to each of the Tier 6 leagues, a majority of West clubs would rather play pass the parcel with the title to stay where they are for years to come. It's not quite Whitburn levels of turning down promotion but I can understand the reticence.

It's not a massive difference for a Glasgow area club travel wise, but for the first Ayrshire side they've got a lot more travel & loss of the derbies.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Is Beith looking to gain a license in the near future and if so what would they require to gain the license,  cant think it would be that much, lots of facilities already there........

As I've said multiple times before, the vast majority of the clauses and sub-clauses in the Licensing process have nothing whatsoever to do with stadium facilities. It is the most underestimated factor on P&B as very few on here have any concept of the enormous personnel commitment required, the qualifications and training courses needing completed, and the mountain of paperwork involved in the whole exercise.

Edited by glensmad

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

As I've said multiple times before, the vast majority of the clauses and sub-clauses in the Licensing process have nothing whatsoever to do with stadium facilities. It is the most underestimated factor on P&B as very few on here have any concept of the enormous personnel commitment required, the qualifications and training courses needing completed, and the mountain of paperwork involved in the whole exercise.

I must try and look through the Eosfl forum and find the thread about licenced clubs in the East.

Especially the part about certain clubs filling in paperwork and making the grave mistake of filling parts of the above paperwork with the wrong name of the club involved ie they'd copied word for word with help from photo copies from another club.

They openly joked about it on the Eosfl forum.

So it can't be that hard.

After you yourself said you managed it with 8 members.

14 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Haha trying too hard there. 

Even without owning or having your own dedicated ground it is still permitted so I suppose a ground share at a Council owned facility would be open to Beith or indeed any club as a route to a Licence until rules change.

As said there is a lot of non stadium related work needed to achieve a Licence and I presume that Clydebank and Yoker both have to deal with all of those matters separately as well.

3 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

As said there is a lot of non stadium related work needed to achieve a Licence and I presume that Clydebank and Yoker both have to deal with all of those matters separately as well.

Correct.

For example. the management and coaches' training qualifications, the Disclosure Scotland paperwork, the CWPO training courses (multiple), the certification (club specific) from the Local Authority inspection, the Disabled Access Appraisal with action points (club specific), the self-declaration forms, references, fair processing notices, code of conduct forms, stadium regulations, Recruitment and Training records, evidence of action to prevent unacceptable conduct, Diversity & Inclusion objectives, Under 16 equality monitoring, legal documents proving security of tenure, club constitution documentation, stadium contingency plans, evidence of matches played under floodlight, evidence of compliance with FSOAS, accounting information for three consecutive seasons including template completion, evidence of attendance at Scottish FA training event on refereeing matters......

I could go on for a while yet, but you get the idea. None of the above can simply be copied from another club and submitted as your club's documentation without a lot of work being put into it. Of course, currently licensed clubs will help new applicant clubs with templates etc, we were hugely indebted to Andrew Sinclair at Girvan right at the start of the process, but every single word of those templates has to be read and made specific to your own club's requirements or they will be rejected, as the Scottish FA Licensing department people certainly will read them.

It is time-consuming and needs everyone at the club to buy into the concept and fully commit to it. If a club feels that it cannot make that commitment at the moment, then they are correct to hold fire until they are in a position to fully go for it, as it's far from a pushover.

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

Aye, it's a dawdle, it's just a matter of photocopying another club's documents. 🙄🤦‍♂️

Or copying/pasting pdf document on website. I saw one of the examples talked about as I was confused about whose website I was on as I was visiting a few at the time. Not saying that can happen with all the documents but it has happened with some.