WoSFL Premier Division thread

52 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

If we are going to be selective, Largs won the West of Scotland Cup in 1991 on 22 June.

And Beith... in 1992, must have been playing into late June. @Thejackdaw

Does one not suspect complaints about fixtures is more down to awareness and recognition of this not being a good thing?

The gap last year between the final game of the season and the first friendly of this season was 24 hours.

15 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

I would say if the current Talbot team is considered a work in progress and full of young players and still in title race then standard has fallen, that is nothing against current players however when your fans were worried about relegation etc...the very fact you are still in a chance of the league is a reflection of the drop in standard. 

I said before, if Clydebank can't win the league this season, they are in trouble as teams like Talbot are only going to get better and stronger. 

Worry about ur own team mines will be fine witever league were in. Ur obsessed with the bankies

Mon the papers

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Was reading that most of the red ash you used to see on pitches came from the seven sisters bing near Broxburn.

Not saying that is either interesting or true by the way but thought I'd mention it all the same.

Happy Soul Men GIF by Laff

As an added incentive to bottle merchants bankies, if they manage to get all 3 points I’ll delete my account.  That will be one less person to tell them on a weekly basis they have no real history and they let airdrie buy the old team.  

hopefully you bring a big crowd and line our pockets.   

if we win we will end clydebanks hope of winning the league for the first time in their history.   We will be in a two horse race with Beith for the league title.  Could this be JG going away present.  Leaving the club as champions of the league and winners of the Scottish cup.  

2 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

As an added incentive to bottle merchants bankies, if they manage to get all 3 points I’ll delete my account.  That will be one less person to tell them on a weekly basis they have no real history and they let airdrie buy the old team.  

if we win we will end clydebanks hope of winning the league for the first time in their history.   We will be in a two horse race with Beith for the league title.  Could this be JG going away present.  Leaving the club as champions of the league and winners of the Scottish cup.  

Mad Max Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

if we win we will end clydebanks hope of winning the league for the first time in their history.   We will be in a two horse race with Beith for the league title.  Could this be JG going away present.  Leaving the club as champions of the league and winners of the Scottish Junior cup.  

FTFY

9 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Mon the Papers.

7 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Pitch inspection at 9am at the Darvel swamp.
Clubs with crap grass pitches shouldn’t be allowed in the league.

Don't think so, nice try though. That said if there is a pitch inspection needed given that there hasn't been more any significant or unusual rain fall, we have serious problems. I had mentioned on previous post that giving the money spent, the drainage shouldn't be failing like it has. 

Anyone that would rather watch football on a astro than real grass isn't a true football fan. 

All bear in mind, astros are not "all weather" like they claim, there has been several games off on astros this season also. Factor in the damage they do to the players bodies, it remains a no thank you for me. 

Compare EK this season for knee injuries etc...under MK to Darvel under MK, same background team in large. The main difference is constantly playing on astros, this can not be overlooked, the number of injuries/surgeries EK have this season is incredible. 

3 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Don't think so, nice try though. That said if there is a pitch inspection needed given that there hasn't been more any significant or unusual rain fall, we have serious problems. I had mentioned on previous post that giving the money spent, the drainage shouldn't be failing like it has. 

Anyone that would rather watch football on a astro than real grass isn't a true football fan. 

All bear in mind, astros are not "all weather" like they claim, there has been several games off on astros this season also. Factor in the damage they do to the players bodies, it remains a no thank you for me. 

Compare EK this season for knee injuries etc...under MK to Darvel under MK, same background team in large. The main difference is constantly playing on astros, this can not be overlooked, the number of injuries/surgeries EK have this season is incredible. 

There is a pitch inspection at 9am - FACT

Darvel had no game last week though so no football at all.

Edited by Vanderbilt