WoSFL Premier Division thread

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

How do you know who is or isn't close to a license?

And rechecking Beith's statement on licensing from a little over a year ago. They haven't been in the process because the SFA had already stopped taking new applications.

So instead of blazers trying to help themselves as usual. How about people start targeting the SFA for actively hurting the pyramid. Instead of playing out a series of hypotheticals on teams that aren't even in the division.

Not sure why you're mentioning Beith, and I'm not a blazer either so try and untwist yer knickers a wee bit eh?

As for the clubs I DID mention, Gartcairn, Drumpchapel and Ashfield all play in cages which are a very long way from a licence, so unless they plan to move and share elsewhere, they wont be licenced this time next year.  JB are looking to redevelop their ground to get a licence, that wont be happening overnight.  The only one of those I mentioned who could get licenced in the next year are St.Cadoc's who share at (licenced) Benburb.

Irvine Meadow are going down, and Glenafton could go down, of the clubs in the running to come up, only Glencairn have a licence. 

It's not that difficult to see that there could be another non-licenced winner next season.

Edited by Burnieman

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Not sure why you're mentioning Beith, and I'm not a blazer either so try and untwist yer knickers a wee bit eh?

As for the clubs I DID mention, Gartcairn, Drumpchapel and Ashfield all play in cages which are a very long way from a licence, so unless they plan to move and share elsewhere, they wont be licenced this time next year.  JB are looking to redevelop their ground to get a licence, that wont be happening overnight.  The only one of those I mentioned who could get licenced in the next year are St.Cadoc's who share at (licenced) Benburb.

Irvine Meadow are going down, and Glenafton could go down, of the clubs coming up, probably only Glencairn have a licence. 

It's not that difficult to see that there could be another non-licenced winner next season.

If EK can achieve bronze with the 700 capacity cage they have and the one standing side then how can Gartcairn and Drumchapel be far away? I agree not good venues however look at EK. "But we've got plans for a big fancy stadium" David Kerr commercial manager, until I see it built having plans is just a dream. 

Just now, Wos-observer said:

If EK can achieve bronze with the 700 capacity cage they have and the one standing side then how can Gartcairn and Drumchapel be far away? I agree not good venues however look at EK. "But we've got plans for a big fancy stadium" David Kerr commercial manager, until I see it built having plans is just a dream. 

EK is much more than just a cage.

1 minute ago, Wos-observer said:

The have a tiny stand, for me K Park is simply a cage. Perharps not a council cage but certainly not a proper football ground. 

Downside of the K Park is it's in the middle of nowhere.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

The have a tiny stand, for me K Park is simply a cage. Perharps not a council cage but certainly not a proper football ground. 

It may not be great, but they have a stand and they have covered standing at one end (if they have a Bronze that must mean big enough for 500 overall covered) and more importantly they have a proper pavilion with all the required facilities. It's not a cage.

Edited by Burnieman

Just now, Burnieman said:

It may not be great, but they have a stand and they have covered standing a one end (if they have a Bronze that must mean big enough for 500 overall covered) and more importantly they have a proper pavilion with all the required facilities. It's not a cage.

I would accept Holm Park, Townhead and Barrfields being synthetic grounds that aren't cages, I don't see how K park is any different to Gartcairn as a cage. Yes K Park has a nice club house that doesn't change the park. 

1 minute ago, Wos-observer said:

I would accept Holm Park, Townhead and Barrfields being synthetic grounds that aren't cages, I don't see how K park is any different to Gartcairn as a cage. Yes K Park has a nice club house that doesn't change the park. 

What do you mean by "park" ?  EK have a proper pavilion housing all the facilities needed, they have a food kiosk, they have seating for 300, covered standing for another 200. 

At Gartcairn you need to go to the sports centre for a pish and buy a coffee from the machine, you can only watch the game from one side, and portable goals can get in the way of your view.

If you can't see the difference then I can't help you any more than that.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

What do you mean by "park" ?  EK have a proper pavilion housing all the facilities needed, they have a food kiosk, they have seating for 300, covered standing for another 200. 

At Gartcairn you need to go to the sports centre for a pish and buy a coffee from the machine, you can only watch the game from one side, and portable goals can get in the way of your view.

If you can't see the difference then I can't help you any more than that.

So when Gartcairn address the food kiosk which I believe is to do with council permission then toilet block is up and running, are you then saying Gartcairn aren't a cage? 

The pavilion does not affect the park being a cage. K Park has a capacity of 700. 

6 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

So when Gartcairn address the food kiosk which I believe is to do with council permission then toilet block is up and running, are you then saying Gartcairn aren't a cage? 

The pavilion does not affect the park being a cage. K Park has a capacity of 700. 

I think we'll leave it there 🤦‍♂️

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

On that basis then Glencairn's stadium is a cage as well then. We have a 15 feet high fence all the way around the outside of the property we own. Inside it we have two car parks, a changing room block, a toilet block, a kitchen, a Players' Lounge, two covered enclosures, terracing on both sides and a pitch with a walking path all the way round. But it's still technically a cage based on your theory.

Edited by glensmad

Just now, glensmad said:

On that basis then Glencairn's stadium is a cage as well then. We have a 15 feet high fence all the way around the outside of the property we own. Inside it we have two car parks, a changing room block, a toilet block, a kitchen, a Players' Lounge, two covered enclosures, terracing on both sides and a pitch with a walking path all the way round. But it's still technically a cage based on your theory,

My theory? You would need to explain that to me.

Does two sides of the Kpark astro have the cage fence along it. Is it a synthetic surface? Can spectators view the game from all sides? Other than the pavilion, I don't see much different between Gartcairn which has been labelled a cage and no where near licensing to k park which will achieve bronze. 

As mentioned in one of my other points further up, being a synthetic pitch doesn't mean I jump to it is a cage, I gave 3 examples in the WoS of synthetic surfaces that I don't class as cages. I just don't see how K Park not that I have any interest in the Lowland which is similar to the rest of football fans at non league based on the attendances. 

11 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

My theory? You would need to explain that to me.

Does two sides of the Kpark astro have the cage fence along it. Is it a synthetic surface? Can spectators view the game from all sides? Other than the pavilion, I don't see much different between Gartcairn which has been labelled a cage and no where near licensing to k park which will achieve bronze. 

As mentioned in one of my other points further up, being a synthetic pitch doesn't mean I jump to it is a cage, I gave 3 examples in the WoS of synthetic surfaces that I don't class as cages. I just don't see how K Park not that I have any interest in the Lowland which is similar to the rest of football fans at non league based on the attendances. 

Your theory is that K Park, despite having Bronze licence facilities and infrastructure, is a cage because it has a fence along it. So does Glencairn's stadium. 

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Your theory is that K Park, despite having Bronze licence facilities and infrastructure, is a cage because it has a fence along it. So does Glencairn's stadium. 

No my point was that if K Park in its current state achieves bronze then Gartcairn and others can't be far off entry. 

I stick with K Park is a cage just a better standard than some council ones. 

10 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

No my point was that if K Park in its current state achieves bronze then Gartcairn and others can't be far off entry. 

That may well be the case, I know that Gartcairn are certainly in the process of working towards their licence, I don't know what stage they're at with it.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Irvine Meadow are going down, and Glenafton could go down, of the clubs in the running to come up, only Glencairn have a licence. 

Certainly act as a blazer👍

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I thought I was the one that wasn't very clever? Whitburn can go up this season to the Premier, Whitburn don't have a licence, Whitburn can conceivably win the Premier next season.  St.Cadocs and Gartcairn don't have licences but put a lot of money into their squads, they can win the WoS next season.

You said clubs not having licences is fine (I agree), which underlines my point that we need contingency to stop these non-licenced clubs from potentially blocking the Pyramid. 

I’ll end my debate here, but for clarity, I’ve never underlined your point once. Try not being so tunnel-visioned all the time. No point in arguing/communicating with stupidity. Cheers.