WoSFL Premier Division thread

19 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Glenafton v Rob Roy on Saturday becomes an absolutely huge match after tonight's matches

I have no affection whatsoever for Glenafton but let's get KRR doon. 

7 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Patter which needs to die tbh.

My man @PossilYM makes a valid point.

Like me he goes to games across the pyramid and do you know how many fans, players, committees I come across who genuinely believe West clubs are fully committed to the pyramid.

It's a number between -1 & 1.

That's the impression, perception, vibe the WOS give off.

That's understandable for people who don't know the full facts of the situation, however informed people will look at the reality of the situation. The WoSFL was formed in 2020, and its first season was cut short by Covid and was declared null and void. It's second season produced a licensed champion in Darvel who unfortunately lost the play-off to Tranent. Season 3 produced a champion in Beith who were unlicensed due to various factors (some outwith their control, including a freeze on licensing applications by the Scottish FA), and it looks now very much like the same scenario will occur at the end of season 4.

The WoSFL has licensed clubs in all five of its Divisions, with 50% of the current Premier Division teams already licensed. I wonder what percentage of the EoSFL and the SoSFL were licensed only four years on from that possibility opening up to them ? I genuinely don't know the answer to that.

42 minutes ago, glensmad said:

That's understandable for people who don't know the full facts of the situation, however informed people will look at the reality of the situation. The WoSFL was formed in 2020, and its first season was cut short by Covid and was declared null and void. It's second season produced a licensed champion in Darvel who unfortunately lost the play-off to Tranent. Season 3 produced a champion in Beith who were unlicensed due to various factors (some outwith their control, including a freeze on licensing applications by the Scottish FA), and it looks now very much like the same scenario will occur at the end of season 4.

The WoSFL has licensed clubs in all five of its Divisions, with 50% of the current Premier Division teams already licensed. I wonder what percentage of the EoSFL and the SoSFL were licensed only four years on from that possibility opening up to them ? I genuinely don't know the answer to that.

Easily remedied by making it candidate club which would be the highest placed licensed club.

The West Premier has run into a really good Beith side that have had their unique problems getting licensed, further hampered by the SFA but is ultimately a goal for them.

The way the table shakes out the Top 5 are probably all licensed clubs with the x2 exceptions being Beith's title winning teams.

The real hindrance is the 3 into 1 Lowland League play-off. Which is something that should be the focus for change, not the paranoia about clubs not wanting promotion.

13 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Easily remedied by making it candidate club which would be the highest placed licensed club.

How many Premier Division clubs have a licence?

I have it as 7.

I may be wrong, but if it is and the top licenced club finished in 6th, 7th or even in 8th place, I don't think that the EoSFL team that fought hard to win their league would be impressed with having to play a team so far down. especially if they lost.

I'd think they'd be happier with only having to play in a 2 team play-off than a 3 team play-off.

4 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

How many Premier Division clubs have a licence?

I have it as 7.

I may be wrong, but if it is and the top licenced club finished in 6th, 7th or even in 8th place, I don't think that the EoSFL team that fought hard to win their league would be impressed with having to play a team so far down. especially if they lost.

I'd think they'd be happier with only having to play in a 2 team play-off than a 3 team play-off.

It could have a clause that said as long as the club finished in the top 3.

The LL already do it with B teams.

2 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

It could have a clause that said as long as the club finished in the top 3.

The LL already do it with B teams.

They don't though. They exclude B teams from the final standings, so that the top member club is declared champion. As its the Champion that gets to contest the SPFL Play-off. Something they've been able to get away without being challenged on because 1st = 1st so far.

27 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

It's not so easily remedied as you may think, it would require the agreement of the other three leagues for the wording of the agreement to be changed. I'm not convinced the winners of the EoSFL and SoSFL would be happy for their champions to potentially miss out on promotion to a team who hadn't actually won the WoSFL.