WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

If licence applications were opened today how far short of the standard would Beith be?

I'm assuming they still need to chuck a few quid at this to get up to scratch so maybe the playing budget will take a hit in the next season or two? 

I think they now have planning permission for Floodlights. However not sure if that has started. That’s the obvious one. Unsure of disable access sections but would imagine that would be easy enough for them to resolve. 

8 minutes ago, superpollok said:

I think they now have planning permission for Floodlights. However not sure if that has started. That’s the obvious one. Unsure of disable access sections but would imagine that would be easy enough for them to resolve. 

It’s not just ground stuff that needs done.

Child protection officer,trained first aiders,accounts being submitted etc etc 

5 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

think next Saturday's scores can see arthurlie being relegated in the scenario if they lose to Hurlford at Blair park and Glenafton beats krr at Loch Park

Correct, hence my annoyance at the manager yesterday for not going all out for the win and bringing some more attacking players on until the last 5 minutes!!

8 hours ago, stumpy said:

Remember year beith won Scottish being up at scone ..... Glorified public park, so much so ref had to stop game so they could remove dog crap from pitch 🐾🐶😂

Having been there a few times, that doesn't surprise me at all. 😆

11 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I can handle Hertha /jackdaw but the pc cabe naw just naw and that false accusation would drive me off the Tay bridge in dundee !!!😆

🤣🤣

I'd say tomorrow is the last chance of Beith dropping anything. I think teams are always a bit vulnerable immediately after they smash someone because the next game is rarely as easy as the last. 

Talbot have an equally hard game so we need a lot to go in our favour. It all seems very unlikely but you've got to be grateful just to have an interest at this point when so many teams who were miles ahead of us are in the dead rubber zone.

3 hours ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

I might have missed something, but I’ve read that and could not see any mention of Gartcairn or a new football ground?

It quotes

The “centrepiece” of the project continues to be a new country and heritage park, featuring the Monkland Canal and Calder Water.”

Is this article doing you a huge disservice by not including things like “it will also include a state of the art £2.5m stadium that will be home to West of Scotland League Cracks, Gartcairn FC”?

Obviously I’m being a bit sarcastic, but why would the article not include this? To me it looks like a lot of combined housing, retail, quasi industrial and leisure developments that’s happened across Scotland to regenerate post industrial areas.

Well done if you can foster a community spirit like established communities have around established clubs.

6 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

I might have missed something, but I’ve read that and could not see any mention of Gartcairn or a new football ground?

It quotes

The “centrepiece” of the project continues to be a new country and heritage park, featuring the Monkland Canal and Calder Water.”

Is this article doing you a huge disservice by not including things like “it will also include a state of the art £2.5m stadium that will be home to West of Scotland League Cracks, Gartcairn FC”?

Obviously I’m being a bit sarcastic, but why would the article not include this? To me it looks like a lot of combined housing, retail, quasi industrial and leisure developments that’s happened across Scotland to regenerate post industrial areas.

Well done if you can foster a community spirit like established communities have around established clubs.

Quick google and seen some previous mentions of Gartcairn, both from 2021 mind. No mention of timescales so I wouldn't hold my breath for new stadium anytime soon!

https://www.urbanrealm.com/news/9701/£2m_community_football_hub_planned_for_EuroPark.html 

https://www.urbanrealm.com/news/9678/Revised_EuroPark_plan_to_deliver_2%2C350_parkland_homes_along_the_M8_corridor.html

7 minutes ago, AMP28 said:

Quick google and seen some previous mentions of Gartcairn, both from 2021 mind. No mention of timescales so I wouldn't hold my breath for new stadium anytime soon!

https://www.urbanrealm.com/news/9701/£2m_community_football_hub_planned_for_EuroPark.html 

https://www.urbanrealm.com/news/9678/Revised_EuroPark_plan_to_deliver_2%2C350_parkland_homes_along_the_M8_corridor.html

Same with Burgh’s recently announced plans. Seen them before at where Thorn Athletic now play.

All for improving things and hope they happen. 

On 26/04/2024 at 10:24, Vanderbilt said:

Season being extended because Darvel can’t fit in all of their games.

2 legged Junior Cup semi final really helped!

What a shitshow this league is turning into.

Going by website fixtures this still seems to be correct. I was sure the final round of fixtures would be moved. Bad form WoSFL, bad form!

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Going by website fixtures this still seems to be correct. I was sure the final round of fixtures would be moved. Bad form WoSFL, bad form!

It’s the Joonyur way,play every night of the week at the end of the season so that the Junior Cup can get precedence,it’s marvellous.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Why would they be moved, this division needs a champion crowned on 11th May - Darvel can reach 59 points so the WOS are banking on Beith or Talbot getting to 60 points from their games played by that date so the EOS/SOS know whether it's a two or three team play-off.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Why would they be moved?