WoSFL Premier Division thread

Both lads are correct. It isn't actually mutually exclusive and a case of picking one doomsday scenario or t'other.

There has to be a middle ground between the moon-howling from the trucking Bankie, the knicker-wetting, hand-wringing, Buffties chap and....eh,....the rest of the normal people.

9 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

In regards to cups, I agree it does feel like you’re punished for being successful

This is often the focus when talking about cup runs. That its the successful club that's being negatively impacted.

Which in this case from a Premier point of view would be Darvel getting their season extended.

But in order to do that, there's two other clubs forced into extending their seasons through no fault of their own.

10 hours ago, timeforchange said:

point 2 The west of Scot cup final is being played this weekend as it’s the only date that is safe for playing at Broadwood because the ladies teams play out of there and they presumably will have priority 

bin the whole broadwood nonsense anyway awful decision to play all the finals there

2 hours ago, Big Davy Boy said:

bin the whole broadwood nonsense anyway awful decision to play all the finals there

Totally agree it's a shocker having all finals up there . Couldn't think of many worse venues. 

A top junior ground is more than ample for the west of Scotland cup final in particular  .

4 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Totally agree it's a shocker having all finals up there . Couldn't think of many worse venues. 

A top junior ground is more than ample for the west of Scotland cup final in particular  .

Agree-soulless place with the horrible surface and terrible to get to.Complete waste of time holding finals there especially the West which could easily have been at Meadow Park or Dunterlie etc 

11 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

You’re right PC Cabe/Hertha/Jackdaw but why play the West of Scotland final in Dundee, the nearest Junior ground I would think.

8 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

You’re right PC Cabe/Hertha/Jackdaw but why play the West of Scotland final in Dundee, the nearest Junior ground I would think.

Perth is closer from the west (Scone or Letham). 

43 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Scone would be a good venue, from memory their ground is in a public park.

Remember year beith won Scottish being up at scone ..... Glorified public park, so much so ref had to stop game so they could remove dog crap from pitch 🐾🐶😂

Edited by stumpy

Discussed to death I'm sure but can't be arsed searching back;

I know Beith working for their license, if they win league, will they be allowed to compete in playoff? And of the other clubs in contention, who would be/wouldn't be allowed?

I assume criteria from Wosfl to LL is different to that of Tier 5 to SPFL 

1 minute ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Discussed to death I'm sure but can't be arsed searching back;

I know Beith working for their license, if they win league, will they be allowed to compete in playoff? And of the other clubs in contention, who would be/wouldn't be allowed?

I assume criteria from Wosfl to LL is different to that of Tier 5 to SPFL 

Unfortunately Beith would not be allowed to compete in the play-offs this season if they were to win the league.

Auchinleck Talbot, Clydebank, Darvel or Pollok are all Scottish FA licensed clubs so would be able to take part in the play-offs.

Clubs need an Entry Level licence to get into the Lowland League.

If licence applications were opened today how far short of the standard would Beith be?

I'm assuming they still need to chuck a few quid at this to get up to scratch so maybe the playing budget will take a hit in the next season or two? 

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

If licence applications were opened today how far short of the standard would Beith be?

I'm assuming they still need to chuck a few quid at this to get up to scratch so maybe the playing budget will take a hit in the next season or two? 

That's not a question I can answer.

9 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

I can handle Hertha /jackdaw but the pc cabe naw just naw and that false accusation would drive me off the Tay bridge in dundee !!!😆

32 minutes ago, Shanner said:

From an obvious outsider perspective. Last I heard was they had a planning permission on installing floodlights, which may mean some of the issues around the ground ownership have been resolved. But still haven't put anything up.