WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Not sure if it was a “much” but were the better side.We huffed and puffed and never looked like it.Clydebank will be a strong shout to win the league this season.

Think maxwell is building a decent young side at Pollok but they have so much talent going forward maxwell was hell bent in doing whatever Pollok could do 2 stop us playing. The 1st half was stop start due 2 the amount of bad tackles fae them. The boy main is a smashing player for them I'd take him in a minute. Good crowd of 808 aswell onto St cadocs next week over at Ben's. A place we never win but need 2 at some point 

Mon the papers

3 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Pollok were never winning that game today.Not good enough,

Agreed.Didn’t deserve a win and didn’t get one.Clydebank will be hard nuts to crack for many a team this season 

1 minute ago, passbackdave said:

Think maxwell is building a decent young side at Pollok but they have so much talent going forward maxwell was hell bent in doing whatever Pollok could do 2 stop us playing. The 1st half was stop start due 2 the amount of bad tackles fae them. The boy main is a smashing player for them I'd take him in a minute. Good crowd of 808 aswell onto St cadocs next week over at Ben's. A place we never win but need 2 at some point 

Mon the papers

He is and it will take time 

7 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Pollok were never winning that game today.Not good enough,

Goals change games. If we got back to 1-1 it would have been very possible, but that's all ifs buts and maybes.

As I said, I think the result today was the correct one on the balance of play but if you believe there was a big gap between the two teams today then I will disagree with you on that. 

8 minutes ago, Dean Learner said:

Goals change games. If we got back to 1-1 it would have been very possible, but that's all ifs buts and maybes.

As I said, I think the result today was the correct one on the balance of play but if you believe there was a big gap between the two teams today then I will disagree with you on that. 

Last 3 times you’ve come to Holm Park you’ve hardly had an attempt at goal.

Maxwells tactics are shocking,it’s all about stopping the opposition.

Talking the biggest load of embarrassing rubbish in his post match interview just sums the guy up 

1 minute ago, Eadie is God said:

Talking the biggest load of embarrassing rubbish in his post match interview just sums the guy up 

We were clearly talking about today's game specifically but if you want to broaden it out, the last four meetings(taking us back to the start of last season) between the two teams have seen 2 Clydebank wins, 1 Pollok win and 1 draw which led to a Pollok win on penalties. Three of those games were at Holm Park.

If his tactics are so bad, I'm surprised your team of world beaters haven't managed to find a way to consistently beat us. 

1 minute ago, Dean Learner said:

We were clearly talking about today's game specifically but if you want to broaden it out, the last four meetings(taking us back to the start of last season) between the two teams have seen 2 Clydebank wins, 1 Pollok win and 1 draw which led to a Pollok win on penalties. Three of those games were at Holm Park.

If his tactics are so bad, I'm surprised your team of world beaters haven't managed to find a way to consistently beat us. 

Have you watched his post match garbage?

6 minutes ago, Dean Learner said:

I have seen his interview but that had absolutely no bearing on the game. 

You’re happy that your manager seems to have been at a different game from everyone else?

Edited by Eadie is God

10 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

You’re happy that your manager seems to have been at a different game from everyone else?

Mate, I honestly don't care about it as much as you clearly do. As I said, it has no bearing on the game itself. 

This exchange has me yearning for March/April when your arses inevitably collapse again. Tried to come in and be balanced but you do your best to make that impossible. 

Edited by Dean Learner

2 minutes ago, Dean Learner said:

Mate, I honestly don't care about it as much as you clearly do. As I said, it has no bearing on the game itself. 

This exchange has me yearning for March/April when your arses inevitably collapse again. Tried to come in and be gracious in defeat but you do your best to make that impossible. 

Your manager was so gracious 😂

Get it right up yeh then,pile of 💩 got what they deserved.

1 hour ago, Eadie is God said:

Summed up by a "bobbly" pitch. WTF. Even if Astro isn't your bag, it is never "bobbly"

Edited by Baws Burst

52 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Can see bankies fans being upset at Maxi’s interview. 

poor quality plastic pitch.  Bumpy all over…surely not Holm Park? 

How the fk can an astro park be bumpy ya mutant.

Thought it was an entertaining game at holm park today with bankies deserving the win, Pollok do have some cracking young players and done well as there seems to be a bit of a turnover from last season. As others have said Syme was lucky not to have seen red for the penalty but wouldn't have impacted game anyway. Thought the bankies keeper could have caught the ball in lead up to penalty also. Pollok players seemed more interested in trying to make the referees decisions for him than actually playing the game espicially in first half. 

Just watched Maxi's interview aswell, embarrasing. Everyone fault but his even the rain got it🤣. Ref was very poor throughout for both teams I felt, but another entertaining game.

2 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Your manager was so gracious 😂

Get it right up yeh then,pile of 💩 got what they deserved.

No excuses from me and I disagree with the manager.

Clydebank are strong as I have said but an awfully long way to go in what is going to be a massively tough league contest.I don’t think we are strong enough to figure in that but hopefully will build into something which can challenge in the future.Just need to ensure we stay clear of any relegation dogfights as in a league this hard it would be very easy to be sucked in.

5 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

No excuses from me and I disagree with the manager.

Clydebank are strong as I have said but an awfully long way to go in what is going to be a massively tough league contest.I don’t think we are strong enough to figure in that but hopefully will build into something which can challenge in the future.Just need to ensure we stay clear of any relegation dogfights as in a league this hard it would be very easy to be sucked in.

If use keep a hold of this squad then in a few years could be the team 2 beat but they need 2 be able 2 play and under maxwell he's Golding them back 

Monnthe 

12 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

If use keep a hold of this squad then in a few years could be the team 2 beat but they need 2 be able 2 play and under maxwell he's Golding them back 

Monnthe 

Unfortunately in this day and in this particular period teams will come calling for the players that stand out.

Thought first half wasnt great from both sides but we were worth the win in the second. Dean Cairns outstanding. Dont understand yellow for penalty either but no difference made at that stage in the game.

Great start for us but another big test next week.