WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

England: artificial pitches are allowed in the National League and below, so including all part-time leagues. Reasoning for these pitches generally the same as in Scotland, so the pitches can be used for the community, by multiple teams. The lower the league, the more pitches are generally artificial.ย 

ย 

Netherlands: only the top flight banning these pitches from 2025/26, all other divisions in the pyramid keep allowing it. In leagues comparable in standard to the WOSFL, the majority of clubs have these pitches. Generally so they can be used by multiple teams in the local community like other countries.

ย 

Germany: similar to England, allowed in tier 4 (the highest regionalised level) and below.ย 

ย 

Spain: I can't find exactly from which level it is allowed, but again common in part-time leagues.ย 

ย 

I do definitely prefer real grass, but some of the arguments used here are nonsense. These pitches are here to stay, whether you like it or not. And in many cases I can fully understand why clubs get these pitches. In our league Blairgowrie is a good example. The artifical pitch they now have at David Park is intensively used. Other than Blairgowrie juniors who always played there, youth, amateur, women and veteran sides play there.ย 

I take it the one at Blairgowrie as every other one will have a shelf life but obviously they need to take into account if the pitch is constantly used every day making it required to be replaced earlier than normal

54 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Really, your still here, imagine you trying to give me helpful adviceย ๐Ÿคฃ
Actually all you do it try to bring people down and it fails and usually leaves you with what we all know you for, finishing with an image.

If i bother you that much, just block.ย  its the simplest thing to do, as quite clearly you reply toย  a lot of my posts, even when factually correct but doesn't fit well with your narrative.ย  Actually to the poster in question I'm correct what I said about him, he replied to me and then every post, yes every post disagreed with him, iv just got the balls to call it the way it is.

Anyways you said Talbot are the best previously, so wits the thinking where they will finish this season?

If it wasn't for plastic pitches Talbot would win it. As it is, they will finish just outside the play-off placeย ๐Ÿ˜‰

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

If it wasn't for plastic pitches Talbot would win it. As it is, they will finish just outside the play-off placeย ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh right, thats interesting, I thought supporter would believe in his players through thick and thin, so you don't believe in your team as your saying your players are shite on Astro or have I picked that up wrong?. Personally I think the winners of this league will probably be able to play on both Grass and plasticย ๐Ÿ‘

Hoping it will be a close league, meaning 3 or 4 right in contention until the end

37 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Fews teams better prepared to play 50% of their games in the last 20% of the season.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

36 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Oh right, thats interesting, I thought supporter would believe in his players through thick and thin, so you don't believe in your team as your saying your players are shite on Astro or have I picked that up wrong?. Personally I think the winners of this league will probably be able to play on both Grass and plasticย ๐Ÿ‘

Hoping it will be a close league, meaning 3 or 4 right in contention until the end

I was winding you up but you're obviously too intelligent for my humour.

25 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I was winding you up but you're obviously too intelligent for my humour.

Is that humour?,ย  i honestly was thinking that you think your players are shite on Astro,ย  don't take it personal but I'm sure you are wrong anyways, I think they will be OK on Astro

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Is that humour?,ย  i honestly was thinking that you think your players are shite on Astro,ย  don't take it personal but I'm sure you are wrong anyways, I think they will be OK on Astro

Can't comment really. Only see the highlights as I can't go to games. However, with Tucker at the helm and their hard working committee and supporters, the Talbot will be just fine.

3 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Agreed they're total pish I would ban them.ย 

Dinosaur. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

It would be lovely if every pitch new and old was grass. I know there are a few clubs down here struggling with grass pitches more and more. It's chucking it down as I type, more water on already sodden pitches.ย 

1 hour ago, tell_me_more said:

Of course its predictable its the truth.

ย In your mind. As said let's keep astro for kids and woman's football as it's utterly dreadful and yes a slope Is even more enticing although I know you're in denial and are trying to convince yourself that the plastic is great.ย 

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

ย In your mind. As said let's keep astro for kids and woman's football as it's utterly dreadful and yes a slope Is even more enticing although I know you're in denial and are trying to convince yourself that the plastic is great.ย 

It's a million times better than a pitch on a slope and 70-80 per cent of grass pitches at this level and makes clubs money.ย  No Brainer.

ย 

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Guess one of the big disadvantages of astro is that it's so inclusive imagine that.ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, clansman said:

ย 

Guess one of the big disadvantages of astro is that it's so inclusive imagine that.ย 

ย 

The majority of people who think they love plastic are the ones who's clubs were basically forced to go down the plastic route,ย  I get that you try and convince yourselves that it's the bees knees and all Is great but it would get football stopped for me and I've yet to see a decent game on it , you can hit me with fully inclusive and all the modern day jargon but it will always remain a poor watch due to how even the best of these surfaces play and theres not many people i know who enjoy them.

38 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

The majority of people who think they love plastic are the ones who's clubs were basically forced to go down the plastic route,ย  I get that you try and convince yourselves that it's the bees knees and all Is great but it would get football stopped for me and I've yet to see a decent game on it , you can hit me with fully inclusive and all the modern day jargon but it will always remain a poor watch due to how even the best of these surfaces play and theres not many people i know who enjoy them.

Far better kicking up and down a ski slope ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

My own team plays on a grass park actually. Given a choice between watching a game on the slope at Beith or the astro at Cumnock I would choose Cumnock. Beith does have that unique community benefit at Easter time when the local weans get in to roll their eggs I'll give you that.

3 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

My own team plays on a grass park actually. Given a choice between watching a game on the slope at Beith or the astro at Cumnock I would choose Cumnock. Beith does have that unique community benefit at Easter time when the local weans get in to roll their eggs I'll give you that.

When itโ€™s pissing down,which is 90% of the time in this country itโ€™s great to know that your game is going to be on at the weekend.Rather than hanging around waiting on pitch inspections.

ย 

6 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

You're an incredibly witty individual I will give you thatย ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™„