WoSFL Premier Division thread

The requirement for clubs in the bottom leagues to have a qualified medical first aider in attendance may be an onerous task, given the average attendance at that level. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but we don't live in a perfect world unfortunately.

11 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

Ffs everyone playing inspector morse.

Give the guy some privacy.

It's a hive of sweetie wives. 

Would be a complete let off for Pollok if the game is replayed again.  Down to 10 and playing poorly from what I’ve read online.  Maxi must be coming under serious pressure to get his squad firing, been seeing a lot of disgruntled Lok fans on the way the team are playing.  Took in the JB game a few weeks ago and they couldn’t beat a 9 man JB and actually nearly lost the game, team looked lost on that day, wondering if it’s still the same a few weeks later? Pollok have a good squad there, maybe not as much money as some of the other teams but should definitely be in the top 5-6 this season, early season form would suggest otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Fitbawguy123 said:

Would be a complete let off for Pollok if the game is replayed again.  Down to 10 and playing poorly from what I’ve read online.  Maxi must be coming under serious pressure to get his squad firing, been seeing a lot of disgruntled Lok fans on the way the team are playing.  Took in the JB game a few weeks ago and they couldn’t beat a 9 man JB and actually nearly lost the game, team looked lost on that day, wondering if it’s still the same a few weeks later? Pollok have a good squad there, maybe not as much money as some of the other teams but should definitely be in the top 5-6 this season, early season form would suggest otherwise. 

The highlights are on Pollok you tube. 
You can see it was a pretty even game with both teams having chances. 
The game was far from over with over 10 minutes to play and even down to 10, as we were still attacking. I don’t feel it was a let off. 

And your point on the JB game, just shows it wasn’t a let off as a team with 9 men got a draw. I also recall a team with 8 men getting a 3-3 draw with Talbot not long ago. 

There was 2 goals, and should have been 3, scored in the first 7 minutes of the game on Saturday, the same plus stoppages left, plenty could have happened. 

44 minutes ago, Fitbawguy123 said:

Pollok have taken 10 points from 6 games. If that form continues over the 30 we would finish on the same 50 points as last season.

5 hours ago, glensmad said:

The requirement for clubs in the bottom leagues to have a qualified medical first aider in attendance may be an onerous task, given the average attendance at that level. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but we don't live in a perfect world unfortunately.

I agree.  rather than make it mandatory, encourage clubs to do it.

It probably nice to have rather than need but there could come a point where insurers may demand it if they were to ever see a rise I claims. 

3 hours ago, Fitbawguy123 said:

We were actually playing pretty well in the final quarter of the game and pushing forward a lot with ten men so who knows what could have happened.There were at least 10 minutes left so I can’t see how there can be any other decision than a replay.

14 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

We were actually playing pretty well in the final quarter of the game and pushing forward a lot with ten men so who knows what could have happened.There were at least 10 minutes left so I can’t see how there can be any other decision than a replay.

Like I said I’m only going off what I’ve read online and it seemed cumnock where the better team, that’s coming from Lok fans. I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment too much. With there being 85 mins gone and Lok down to 10 men will be interesting to see what the decision is. 

3 hours ago, superpollok said:

The highlights are on Pollok you tube. 
You can see it was a pretty even game with both teams having chances. 
The game was far from over with over 10 minutes to play and even down to 10, as we were still attacking. I don’t feel it was a let off. 

And your point on the JB game, just shows it wasn’t a let off as a team with 9 men got a draw. I also recall a team with 8 men getting a 3-3 draw with Talbot not long ago. 

There was 2 goals, and should have been 3, scored in the first 7 minutes of the game on Saturday, the same plus stoppages left, plenty could have happened. 

I watched the highlights and agree it looked like both teams had plenty of chances. 

your point on the JB game makes no sense though, Pollok couldn’t break down 9 men in that game, I’m wondering if the could break down 11 men being a man down at the weekend.  From what I’m seeing it’s scoring goals or finishing teams off that’s the problem for Lok at the moment. 

as I’ve said I wasn’t at the game can only go on what I’ve read.

2 hours ago, Fitbawguy123 said:

Like I said I’m only going off what I’ve read online and it seemed cumnock where the better team, that’s coming from Lok fans. I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment too much. With there being 85 mins gone and Lok down to 10 men will be interesting to see what the decision is. 

It will be interesting indeed but I fail to see how the Association can say with certainty what might happen so in the circumstances a replay seems the only logical outcome.

Surely with any time left to play the game would either have to be started again and played for the 10 remaining minutes to finish or a replay.  The first option im my opinion would be a farce , cant see many if any Pollok fans travelling down to watch 10 mins of football and the players definitely wouldn't be happy . 

Can't see how they can award  cumnock the 3pts even thou they probably would have won the game as it only takes a split second to score a goal.  

3 hours ago, Fitbawguy123 said:

I watched the highlights and agree it looked like both teams had plenty of chances. 

your point on the JB game makes no sense though, Pollok couldn’t break down 9 men in that game, I’m wondering if the could break down 11 men being a man down at the weekend.  From what I’m seeing it’s scoring goals or finishing teams off that’s the problem for Lok at the moment. 

as I’ve said I wasn’t at the game can only go on what I’ve read.

The point being, assuming a team down players means they can’t get a result isn’t correct.

JB got a result against us. 
We have had results with 8 men

So teams down a player don’t always mean you lose. 
Just last season we went 2-1 and a man down to Talbot and came back to win on penalties 

As for reading online what Pollok fans thought unfortunately like most teams we have a group who think we should win every game playing like Barca, despite not being in a title race for over a decade! 

4 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

It will be interesting indeed but I fail to see how the Association can say with certainty what might happen so in the circumstances a replay seems the only logical outcome.

If the decision lies with the WoSFL committee, they will probably put it to a member vote!

10 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

If the decision lies with the WoSFL committee, they will probably put it to a member vote!

I can't see any other option other than to replay the tie. I just don't know the league's stance on red card in game for me the game should be treated as a non event. 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

I can't see any other option other than to replay the tie. I just don't know the league's stance on red card in game for me the game should be treated as a non event. 

IIRC Its not up to the league on red cards but the SFA as they handle all discipline. If my memory serves I dont think they do unless something changed in the past 2 seasons and I remember a game with us vs Maybole being abandoned due to a severe injury which resulted in a red card which I am sure didn't count and the player never served a suspension. Could be wrong and old age is getting to me!

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

The league doesn't deal with player or coaching staff discipline. That is all handled by the Scottish FA.

My take ... game was abandoned. Game should therefore be replayed. Would be a nice gesture for a cut-price given for entry when its eventually played. As game was played under auspices of SFA and the referee would have sent in a report, then any cards should count and any forthcoming disciplinary action would be forthcoming 

Was the 90mins up as I read 93 mins hud been played.
If that’s the case and only injury time tae play common sense should prevail. 
Glad no one was seriously ill or injured but protocols need to be pit in place for this type of stuff. It’s gettin mare frequent. Ye mention the refs report he’ll advise why it was abandoned but how no wait 10 mins to get a medical professional there? I don’t ken the circumstances but if there’s only a couple o minutes to play then surely u can hing oan a wee bit? 

1 hour ago, Ben10 said:

Was the 90mins up as I read 93 mins hud been played.
If that’s the case and only injury time tae play common sense should prevail. 
Glad no one was seriously ill or injured but protocols need to be pit in place for this type of stuff. It’s gettin mare frequent. Ye mention the refs report he’ll advise why it was abandoned but how no wait 10 mins to get a medical professional there? I don’t ken the circumstances but if there’s only a couple o minutes to play then surely u can hing oan a wee bit? 

Common sense does not apply.

Lanark v Threave last season abandoned 92 mins. Full match replayed.