WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Yep I agree but talbot only had 1 manager in that time and he has proven give them time with or without money I will win cups and get success why do clubs need to make changes every year or so I dont understand it and not just glenafton even top teams change managers every so often if things don't go right but who would want that job now knowing u will be sacked in 6 months 

It’s easy with top teams. You take the job with Chelsea, say, and the worst outcome will be a multi-million pound payout. More difficult with Glenafton.

1 hour ago, 93glens17 said:

Disagree with you about the budgets ,  no too concerned about the patter . I’m no as easily offended as some o the wankies fans on here , a very sensitive bunch up that way .

93glens bankie fans are to sensitive have u forgot but just show them ur trophy room compared to theirs u might be having a hard time with managers but at least u have won more trophies than they have over the years they seem to forget that and always do no matter how many mangers u have had at least your managers have won trophies more than theirs 

Edited by allyg1977

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:

93glens bankie fans are to sensitive have u forgot but just show them ur trophy room compared to theirs u might be having a hard time with managers but at least u have won more trophies than they have over the years they seem to forget that and always do no matter how many mangers u have had at least your managers have won trophies more than theirs 

Dished up a fair telt there ally, the banter is fair flowing the night, high sixes all round! 

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dished up a fair telt there ally, the banter is fair flowing the night, high sixes all round! 

Do they actually have schools in Ayrshire?

Or is it just the mutants that can’t write or spell that go and watch the Joonyurs?

I wonder where all those magnificent trophies that these mega clubs won in the past are now? Lying in a cupboard in some old duffers house in New Cumnock 😂

1 minute ago, Eadie is God said:

Or is it just the mutants that can’t write or spell that go and watch the Joonyurs?

I wonder where all those magnificent trophies that these mega clubs won in the past are now? Lying in a cupboard in some old duffers house in New Cumnock 😂

Now that is really shite patter 😬

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

2 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Six digit talk and Ayrshire people don't go to school. Raising the standard there fellas.

Kind of trying to avoid posting on here too much after football was  put into perspective recently at my club and the Clydebank fans were very good in recognising things with the young lad,but what I'm reading above is utter nonsense and can't help but think they're either letting themselves down or maybe showing their true colours , grow up lads it's only a game, horrific patter at best and the 6 finger patter is dreadful.  

1 minute ago, Thejackdaw said:

Kind of trying to avoid posting on here too much after football was  put into perspective recently at my club and the Clydebank fans were very good in recognising things with the young lad,but what I'm reading above is utter nonsense and can't help but think they're either letting themselves down or maybe showing their true colours , grow up lads it's only a game, horrific patter at best and the 6 finger patter is dreadful.  

But Wankies is so grown up 😂

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

No, but that was directed at your club, yours was at the whole of Ayrshire.

Same crap from all the silly old duffers in Ayrshire that have never seen real league football.

Stuck in the 60s and only interested in their own wee insular world of Ayrshire Joonyur football,which is and always has been utter garbage in the grand scheme of things.

No ambition to play at a higher level and test themselves against better opposition,quite happy playing the same old teams year in year out and winning tinpot trophies that 99% of football fans in the country have never heard of.

3 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Same crap from all the silly old duffers in Ayrshire that have never seen real league football.

Stuck in the 60s and only interested in their own wee insular world of Ayrshire Joonyur football,which is and always has been utter garbage in the grand scheme of things.

No ambition to play at a higher level and test themselves against better opposition,quite happy playing the same old teams year in year out and winning tinpot trophies that 99% of football fans in the country have never heard of.

Feeling better for that?

7 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Have you had experience of following Clydebank formed in 2003 playing in league football? 

There is no secret that the club previously called Clydebank was sold and became Airdrie.

Let's no pretend that Clydebank in current form are anything other than a club formed in 2003. I find it ironic the so called tinpot cups and league you refer to is something you have never been able to win since you were formed in 2003, what does that say about your club you love? 

8 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

New Cumnock has a population of 3000, Auchinleck 4000, Darvel 4000, Beith 7500 (rounded up figures) what level do you realistically think these teams can aspire to? Fair enough I appreciate they've all schooled Clydebank over their short history but they are not deluded enough to think that they can go and make their mark further up the leagues.

NB You are streaks ahead in winning the meltdown of the season trophy to add to your collection.

9 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Surely must have slept better after getting all that off yer chest last night 😴

31 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

New Cumnock has a population of 3000, Auchinleck 4000, Darvel 4000, Beith 7500 (rounded up figures) what level do you realistically think these teams can aspire to? Fair enough I appreciate they've all schooled Clydebank over their short history but they are not deluded enough to think that they can go and make their mark further up the leagues.

NB You are streaks ahead in winning the meltdown of the season trophy to add to your collection.

Brechin population 7500 made it to the Championship. Annan 8500 doing well in SPFL. Look others may want to come on here and have a go at each other ... its a Banter forum I get that. We all have different outlooks and ambitions though. I personally think that clubs like Talbot and Pollok have the infrastructure to do well at tiers 3 or 4 esp with additional income at those levels. We're trying to improve things. There's zero reason why every single one of the West Premier clubs couldn't do well at tier 5. We're at a period of transition where the Junior ethos - if you like - is still strong with many clubs. That's partly because for most, nothing that much has changed. It will as things start to move, promotions, relegations, licences etc. Clubs ambitions may also change. Hard to see what Gartcairn, St Cadocs, Drumchapel, Johnstone Burgh etc are at moment - but things will develop. 

We've finished 4th in each season of West Premier that was played to a finish. I think we're starting to show a progression- with a win against Beith at Bellsdale away from finishing neck and neck with them. Not getting schooled too much at moment but still plenty of time 

10 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Wow, what a rant! 😂

Junior football/non-league, whatever you want to call it is far from ‘utter garbage’ in the grand scheme of things. 

Actually the SPFL Premier (the top of league football in this country) is ‘utter garbage’ in the grand scheme of things. 

No one outside of two clubs is EVER gonna or expected to win the league. The competition from the rest is laughable. 

Now compare that to the ‘lowly’ WoSFL. Competitive football, excitement, no absolute dominance despite some teams trying to buy it.

As for tinpot trophies. What a ridiculous statement. Trophies are aligned to each level. Hardly makes them tinpot.