WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Brechin population 7500 made it to the Championship. Annan 8500 doing well in SPFL. Look others may want to come on here and have a go at each other ... its a Banter forum I get that. We all have different outlooks and ambitions though. I personally think that clubs like Talbot and Pollok have the infrastructure to do well at tiers 3 or 4 esp with additional income at those levels. We're trying to improve things. There's zero reason why every single one of the West Premier clubs couldn't do well at tier 5. We're at a period of transition where the Junior ethos - if you like - is still strong with many clubs. That's partly because for most, nothing that much has changed. It will as things start to move, promotions, relegations, licences etc. Clubs ambitions may also change. Hard to see what Gartcairn, St Cadocs, Drumchapel, Johnstone Burgh etc are at moment - but things will develop. 

We've finished 4th in each season of West Premier that was played to a finish. I think we're starting to show a progression- with a win against Beith at Bellsdale away from finishing neck and neck with them. Not getting schooled too much at moment but still plenty of time 

Point being missed is that tier 5 is viewed and rightfully imo as being below west prem, the system is flawed. Just look at the teams in the LL does that excite you?

1 minute ago, leaguereformer said:

Point being missed is that tier 5 is viewed and rightfully imo as being below west prem, the system is flawed. Just look at the teams in the LL does that excite you?

West Premier is a great league ... however if you have something about you, you want to progress. Tier 5 is progression ( albeit not in competitiveness at moment i agree ). The alternative is going back to the closed shop. Think we've established that some would prefer that but probably not majority. The option is there for anyone to start up a Junior league again. They already have a governing body and other teams in the system. If not then yes ... clubs should should look to progress through the system that's there. I know not everyone agrees but it would be boring if we all did

5 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

West Premier is a great league ... however if you have something about you, you want to progress. Tier 5 is progression ( albeit not in competitiveness at moment i agree ). The alternative is going back to the closed shop. Think we've established that some would prefer that but probably not majority. The option is there for anyone to start up a Junior league again. They already have a governing body and other teams in the system. If not then yes ... clubs should should look to progress through the system that's there. I know not everyone agrees but it would be boring if we all did

There is a difference between lacking ambition and acknowledging the level each club is at. For me the biggest teams in the WoS are Talbot and Pollok in terms of fan base and brand. The so called "ambitious" clubs are able to pay higher wages due to the lack of facilities and facilities not fit for SPFL level, as community clubs and youth level fine however fans need to take blinkers off and look around. 

3 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Brechin population 7500 made it to the Championship. Annan 8500 doing well in SPFL. Look others may want to come on here and have a go at each other ... its a Banter forum I get that.

What about Dingwall? Population 5,360, and sustaining a long-term fixture in the top tier.

22 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

This is a 10 year old argument that wanted a Lowland Superleague sitting alongside the Lowland. 

Neither one is superior. Take the 32 proper clubs and plenty of teams from both leagues would get squeezed out. 

Its also the case that as time goes by only one is going to get stronger. 

Keep standing still though. It's worked a treat for West of Scotland area clubs so far 😜

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This is a 10 year old argument that wanted a Lowland Superleague sitting alongside the Lowland. 

Neither one is superior. Take the 32 proper clubs and plenty of teams from both leagues would get squeezed out. 

Its also the case that as time goes by only one is going to get stronger. 

Keep standing still though. It's worked a treat for West of Scotland area clubs so far 😜

Don't think any of the top WoS clubs have stood still, look round the grounds most are improving each year. Can that be said for teams in the LL who simply just hire out facilities? There is no need for a LL it makes the pyramid less desirable. 

Teams in the LL will find themselves in a stale position shortly, unrealistic for them to achieve SPFL level, the backers who treat them as toys get bored eventually with very limited fan base in the LL there is no where for these teams to go. 

EK who strolled the league last season failed to be promoted. Without the Kean brothers who have backed the club since it was formed 15 or so years ago the club is not sustainable, that investment can only go for so long. There proposed stadia which was costed over 6 years ago has had it's new construction costs up from £4m to £11.5m this won't happen. We can listen to MK and his sidekicks, "the club is sustainable" so was Darvel....what about Colville Park? 

These toys last for so long. Gretna...is just one example of where a club is dependant on one investor. 

17 minutes ago, The Mallan Streak said:

ONLY POLLOK AND CLYDEBANK WOULD IMPROVE LL.

AYRSHIRE VILLAGE TEAMS OFFER NOTHING TO SCOTTISH FOOTBALL - LL FAR BETTER STANDARD THAN WEST PREMIER.

More teams in West prem non Ayrshire.

Take away perhaps the top two in LL the rest wouldn't survive in the West Pre for any duration. 

With Talbot being the biggest club in Scottish non league football hard to see how you would think they wouldn't improve a league? 

As rants go the Eadie lad has just had a meltdown mis-calling an association who took them in and let them flourish, and Tin pot cups they celebrated when they won them while just under 5000 of them turned up for the top tin pot cup final. I really hope they get a chance to live their dream, before they cart our friend away.

8 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

As rants go the Eadie lad has just had a meltdown mis-calling an association who took them in and let them flourish, and Tin pot cups they celebrated when they won them while just under 5000 of them turned up for the top tin pot cup final. I really hope they get a chance to live their dream, before they cart our friend away.

Let’s not kid on that the West Region as it was were doing US a favour.

Utter nonsense given the history and crowd potential which most clubs have benefitted from over the years.

Edited by Eadie is God

What history? Formed in 2003... 

Some support for a start up new club then!

You’re just sick because we’re top of the league and will be gutted if we go up 

Although you are polluting the LL forum just in case we do go up.You can’t live without the Bankies living rent free in your head.

11 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Some support for a start up new club then!

You’re just sick because we’re top of the league and will be gutted if we go up 

Although you are polluting the LL forum just in case we do go up.You can’t live without the Bankies living rent free in your head.

So you are saying you have history before you were formed in 2003? Wow that is impressive. Your club chair has stated on video interviews that Clydebank are a phoenix club born out of the memory of the old Clydebank. 

have routinely commented on LL. If Bankies go up or not it doesn't bother me in the slightest, you will end up there like hypocrites after slating Beith for not being eligible for promotion. If Bankies were to be in LL and win it they are not eligible for promotion. 

13 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

What history? Formed in 2003... 

Getting back to your original Lowland league nonsense. You haven't mentioned your prior posts on Lowland League forum on how you think the Bronze standard should be higher and further back that in order to get into the Lowland league teams should have not just be licenced but a bronze licence.

You just seem to be someone advocating going back to having a Juniors type ceiling any way you can.

Not to mention removing any team who rent from a council, ground share or play on astro from Scottish football completely

So you are saying you have history before you were formed in 2003? Wow that is impressive. Your club chair has stated on video interviews that Clydebank are a phoenix club born out of the memory of the old Clydebank. 

have routinely commented on LL. If Bankies go up or not it doesn't bother me in the slightest, you will end up there like hypocrites after slating Beith for not being eligible for promotion. If Bankies were to be in LL and win it they are not eligible for promotion. 

If a Glasgow club who were liquidated can claim 55 titles then I think we’re fine.

5 minutes ago, clansman said:

Getting back to your original Lowland league nonsense. You haven't mentioned your prior posts on Lowland League forum on how you think the Bronze standard should be higher and further back that in order to get into the Lowland league teams should have not just be licenced but a bronze licence.

You just seem to be someone advocating going back to having a Juniors type ceiling any way you can.

Not to mention removing any team who rent from a council, ground share or play on astro from Scottish football completely

You have stated previously teams without the relevant license shouldn't be in the league as makes a mockery of the pyramid system. To go from the LL to SPFL a bronze is required, so why not make entry to LL bronze to make seamless pyramid then? 

Regarding ground sharing clubs and sport complexes these should be restricted to a certain level certainly no SPFL level I would go as far to say tier 6 as well. laying football in these facilities is not a professional look nor does it reflect well on Scottish football. 

9 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

If a Glasgow club who were liquidated can claim 55 titles then I think we’re fine.

Just to confirm as a Celtic season ticket holder, Rangers situation was different and backed by uefa, they retained their registration. 

Clydebank that were once in league football were bought and changed their name to Airdrie United at free will and opted to play out of Airdrie. It was a simple name change for the club. You will know better than myself the UCS tried to buy Clydebank however they weren't committed enough to the club and allowed the club to be sold to someone else who then change the name of the club to Airdrie United. We are going over old ground.  Again I will remind you of the comment of your chair Grace, Clydebank FC (WoS team) was born in the memory of Clydebank FC (former league side), the owners of the then Airdrie United generously and very charitably gave the new club Clydebank use of the Clydebank FC name and badge for that I think the bankies should always be indebted to Airdrie and show more respect to them. 

4 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

You have stated previously teams without the relevant license shouldn't be in the league as makes a mockery of the pyramid system. To go from the LL to SPFL a bronze is required, so why not make entry to LL bronze to make seamless pyramid then? 

Regarding ground sharing clubs and sport complexes these should be restricted to a certain level certainly no SPFL level I would go as far to say tier 6 as well. laying football in these facilities is not a professional look nor does it reflect well on Scottish football. 

Having no floodlights or any disabled facilities and a cow field that floods in a shower of rain is fine though.

That’s really professional.

Just now, leaguereformer said:

Just to confirm as a Celtic season ticket holder, Rangers situation was different and backed by uefa, they retained their registration. 

Clydebank that were once in league football were bought and changed their name to Airdrie United at free will and opted to play out of Airdrie. It was a simple name change for the club. You will know better than myself the UCS tried to buy Clydebank however they weren't committed enough to the club and allowed the club to be sold to someone else who then change the name of the club to Airdrie United. We are going over old ground.  Again I will remind you of the comment of your chair Grace, Clydebank FC (WoS team) was born in the memory of Clydebank FC (former league side), the owners of the then Airdrie United generously and very charitably gave the new club Clydebank use of the Clydebank FC name and badge for that I think the bankies should always be indebted to Airdrie and show more respect to them. 

preoccupied with or haunted by some idea, interest, etc. : being in a state of obsession

Just now, Eadie is God said:

Having no floodlights or any disabled facilities and a cow field that floods in a shower of rain is fine though.

That’s really professional.

So you're changing you tune on teams not eligible for promotion being allowed in the the league they are trying to win? Seems like you are back tracking to suit your potential new position. 

Beith are currently working on floodlights and securing funding. They are making steps towards license. So for that I have no issue. Regarding disabled facilities, this isn't something I have noticed. I have seen wheel chair users there however can't comment on facilities as not aware of what is in place, I do think all clubs should be providing good quality disabled facilities. In WoS I have said before Talbot seem to be by far the most accessible club and it is a ground I see the most wheelchair users.