OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

So you think Inverness or Falkirk will beat either of the arse cheeks?

Come on now, it’s a foregone conclusion. 

I never thought that Darvel would beat The Mighty Dons. 

Shocks can happen and it’s why we love seeing the underdog win against all odds.

Actually I lied.

The way Aberdeen were going under Goodwin a shock was on the cards. 

It’s up there with one of the greatest ever cup upsets in Scottish fitba and the P&B servers went into meltdown before, during and after.

If the new boss plays sexy football, gets you into Europe each year, nicks a cup or two and maybe even challenges in the League then it will be a genius move.

If you just appoint some smooth taking jobber (hello Hibs) and end up sacking them 9 months from now when you're 6th then perhaps not.

The time had come to act. Probably tough to get someone in who can get 3rd but 4th still gets a European tie so let's hope it's not Naismith.

Even if we'd finished 3rd I'd have been in favour of getting someone better lined up

Sacked for sitting 4th before the split instead of 3rd is fucking mental regardless of the recent run!

Unless you think that form is going to continue into the next season and result in bonifide relegation material then fair enough but imo it seems like the board heard ott fan reactions yesterday and utterly shat it!  
Can’t help but think some other usual merry-go-round name will be in charge and you’ll be in the same position next season regardless.

2 minutes ago, Kev said:

Sacked for sitting 4th before the split instead of 3rd is fucking mental regardless of the recent run!

Unless you think that form is going to continue into the next season and result in bonifide relegation material then fair enough but imo it seems like the board heard ott fan reactions yesterday and utterly shat it!  
Can’t help but think some other usual merry-go-round name will be in charge and you’ll be in the same position next season regardless.

We're on 45 points just now. If another side was half decent they'd be out of sight. Not good enough for the money being spent. 

3 minutes ago, Kev said:

Far too simplistic a view I'm afraid. We are 4th after having a commanding lead in 3rd. Our recent form is beyond awful, he looked like he'd lost the capacity to get a reaction from the players. He'd lost the support. Even a lot of our wins weren't good performances and could have went another way. 

He was backed heavily to open a bigger gap between 3rd and given the runs some of our rivals went on he should have seen us in a better position.

His presence would have affected ST sales and if we invest in the summer, which we probably will, do you trust him to do the best with it?

He also doesn't integrate youth players, and plays favourites.  I wouldn't have been surprised to see the board keep him on, but it's far from a mental decision. 

2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

We're on 45 points just now. If another side was half decent they'd be out of sight. Not good enough for the money being spent. 

I’ll be honest I’ve not watched enough of your games to make an honest assessment I’m just commenting on the current league status. I know you could easily drop to 5th by next week but have performances actually been that bad?!  It sets a precedent, can you’s really afford to be sacking a manager every time you’re on a poor run? Especially when you’re going to finish top 6 regardless?