OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

We almost definitely wont be finishing third now, but we can console ourselves by having the best looking football manager in Scotland.

That's what it's really all about.

Eva the Hearts women's team manager.🥰

19 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

The Evening News is suggesting that we might need to go to Celtic Park three times this season, but have St Mirren, Hibs and Aberdeen at home post split which would work out well for us, I reckon.

I'd bite your hand off for that. We're getting nothing from Celtic anyway.

I think St Mirren would be fyooomin, mind. Given that the league's over, I think they might just give Celtic the 18-20 split.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aberdeen deserve a lot of credit for their turnaround, no question at all.

However, I didn't see many people expressing a different view to mine back at the end of January, Aberdeen fans included. I believe Hearts were 1/4 on to be third at that point, as was mentioned on here at the time.

Anybody sitting looking at it after Hearts had beaten Aberdeen 5-0, Hibs 3-0 home and away, and St Mirren, while Aberdeen had lost 5-0 to Hearts, 6-0 to Hibs, and 1-0 to Darvel and saying 'I reckon Aberdeen will be third' would be a wealthy man by now.

Aberdeen have turned it around and Hearts have fucked it. That's fitba.

We have turned it round, massively and unbelievably, but it goes to show that you should maybe rein your expectations in just a wee bit until nearer the end of things. Hearts may well still be third, but it should be tight. 

40 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

We almost definitely wont be finishing third now, but we can console ourselves by having the best looking football manager in Scotland.

That's what it's really all about.

Eva the Hearts women's team manager.🥰

I suppose 2 tits makes a refreshing change from the single tit managers that over see the men's team.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We have turned it round, massively and unbelievably, but it goes to show that you should maybe rein your expectations in just a wee bit until nearer the end of things. Hearts may well still be third, but it should be tight. 

I don't really see your point.

My expectation was that Hearts would finish third. I think it was entirely reasonable. As you say yourself, Aberdeen's turnaround has been 'unbelievable'.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't really see your point.

My expectation was that Hearts would finish third. I think it was entirely reasonable. As you say yourself, Aberdeen's turnaround has been 'unbelievable'.

I suppose my point is that a number of Hearts posters on here should eat a little humble pie, and refrain from the cocksuredness that finishing third once in six seasons seems to have given them. 

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I suppose my point is that a number of Hearts posters on here should eat a little humble pie, and refrain from the cocksuredness that finishing third once in six seasons seems to have given them. 

Nah. You're over-thinking this one.

You just need to look at it in the context of this season. Whether we'd finished third or not last season only mattered in the mind of some Aberdeen fans who get upset when we do.

Hearts had come through the stage up to the World Cup in the situation we had hoped for. They then came back after the break and powered through all their rivals for third. There was absolutely no reason to assume we wouldn't finish third, and very few people (your own supporters included) thought we wouldn't. Up until Motherwell away, the season was basically going exactly according to plan.

Also, Hibs were an utter shambles that we'd just battered home and away, and Aberdeen were in complete meltdown. In hindsight, what's cost us is the Goodwin implosion coming so early. I said back in the autumn that he'd be under pressure by March and gone in the summer (the Aberdeen fans on here, more or less to a man, argued that point with me). Had that played out, we'd probably have been ok. But Aberdeen got rid of him and prospered.

It's ended badly, and that's fitba. But it's not a reasonable thing to say to imply Hearts supporters didn't have reasons to be extremely confident. It looked a done deal, and not just to Hearts fans. That Hearts have fucked it up is undeniable.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Nah. You're over-thinking this one.

You just need to look at it in the context of this season. Whether we'd finished third or not last season only mattered in the mind of some Aberdeen fans who get upset when we do.

Hearts had come through the stage up to the World Cup in the situation we had hoped for. They then came back after the break and powered through all their rivals for third. There was absolutely no reason to assume we wouldn't finish third, and very few people (your own supporters included) thought we wouldn't.

Also, Hib were an utter shambles that we'd just battered home and away, and Aberdeen were in utter meltdown. In hindsight, what's cost us is the Goodwin implosion coming so early. I said back in the autumn that he'd be under pressure by March and gone in the summer. Had that played out, we'd probably have been ok. But Aberdeen got rid of him and prospered.

It's ended badly, and that's fitba. But it's not a reasonable thing to say to imply Hearts supporters didn't have reasons to be extremely confident. It looked a done deal, and not just to Hearts fans. That Hearts have fucked it up is undeniable.

It's not just Aberdeen that Hearts need to worry about, Hibs and St Mirren are within striking distance. You may well end up third, but you could just as easily be sixth and out of the European places altogether. 

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It's not just Aberdeen that Hearts need to worry about, Hibs and St Mirren are within striking distance. You may well end up third, but you could just as easily be sixth and out of the European places altogether. 

That's true because Hearts' form fell off a cliff in a way nobody could have expected.

Back at the end of January Hibs looked completely done and Johnson likely to quit, and St Mirren couldn't pick up points away. There was no reasonable outlook to see either of them finishing third.

The main factor in Hearts' downfall has been our own form, obviously. Even a reasonable February and March would have seen us very hard to catch. Are you claiming you saw Aberdeen winning seven in a row coming?

But if Aberdeen lose 2-1 at Hibs and win 2-0 at Darvel, they're probably still sitting 5th-6th.

Edited by VincentGuerin

52 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That's why I very seldom post about a game in progress until the final whistle.

Or shout the odds to our rivals if they have lost if our game is the following day.

31 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

1/ Nah. You're over-thinking this one.

2/ You just need to look at it in the context of this season. Whether we'd finished third or not last season only mattered in the mind of some Aberdeen fans who get upset when we do.

3/ Hearts had come through the stage up to the World Cup in the situation we had hoped for. They then came back after the break and powered through all their rivals for third. There was absolutely no reason to assume we wouldn't finish third, and very few people (your own supporters included) thought we wouldn't. Up until Motherwell away, the season was basically going exactly according to plan.

4/ Also, Hibs were an utter shambles that we'd just battered home and away, and Aberdeen were in complete meltdown. In hindsight, what's cost us is the Goodwin implosion coming so early. I said back in the autumn that he'd be under pressure by March and gone in the summer (the Aberdeen fans on here, more or less to a man, argued that point with me). Had that played out, we'd probably have been ok. But Aberdeen got rid of him and prospered.

5/ It's ended badly, and that's fitba. But it's not a reasonable thing to say to imply Hearts supporters didn't have reasons to be extremely confident. It looked a done deal, and not just to Hearts fans. That Hearts have fucked it up is undeniable.

1/ No he's not.

2/ No we don't.

3/ You forgot to mention how you overcome your " injury list unprecedented in the history of football" didn't deter you from "powering" through your rivals. Thinking you're finishing third and boasting it would be done by March leaving the rest of us in your wake are two different things.

4/ :lol:

5/ It's not over yet. It's not beyond the bounds of credibility for Hearts to finish third.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

1/ No he's not.

2/ No we don't.

3/ You forgot to mention how you overcome your " injury list unprecedented in the history of football" didn't deter you from "powering" through your rivals. Thinking you're finishing third and boasting it would be done by March leaving the rest of us in your wake are two different things.

4/ :lol:

5/ It's not over yet. It's not beyond the bounds of credibility for Hearts to finish third.

The injury list, for all people roll eyes about it, is very relevant. I understand making sarcastic comments is what fitba fans do, but Hearts have been miles from full strength all season.

Hearts have done the whole season without Halkett, Baningime, and Boyce. Half of it without Gordon, and big chunks of it without lots of others. Our midfield has been woefully under-strength for most of the season, and the defence before Christmas was a joke.

Aberdeen have essentially had no injuries of note for most of the season, normal stuff aside. Coupled with the lack of European football earlier in the season, this has given Aberdeen an advantage, unquestionably.

However, Hearts remain culpable for the failure to address this in January. Aberdeen signed well in January and we didn't.

So, there's two sides to the story. Hearts have definitely been very unlucky with injuries and Aberdeen relatively fortunate, but it should also have been handled better.

Aberdeen deserve a crack at the European groups.

Taking in average league position, we have been 'best of the rest' by the length of Union/ Princes Street for the past decade.  Our performances in European football in that time have been credible, with some decent wins, and never going out before our seeding - unlike some of the shockers produced by Scots clubs in recent seasons.

It was sod's law, from our perspective, that we would choose the season that the improved national coefficient and the Conference group safety net came into play for it all to go pete tong, after eight successive seasons on the continent.

If we do get over the line into 3rd, and Celtic don't collapse against Caley Thistle again in a cup competition - then there would be an element of justice at the dandies getting a crack at this.

Plus not sure if we'll have 11 signed players if we go in at QR1 or 2 this time round !

Edited by tarapoa

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Wish these sheep would stop pretending to be humble & go full throttle like they should. 

Yes at least give us a chance, if we do somehow freakishly turn it around again, to rub it in their faces. :lol: