OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

51 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Throw this right to f**k then pick it up again & throw it further👍

Everyone I know agrees.

That said, one of my mates has such a visceral hatred for McInnes that it might actually be worth hiring him just to see if a human being can actually explode through anger.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I stumbled on this colourised photo of the 1901 cup winning team

Which appears to feature a time travelling Callum Paterson 

DFFC7F5F-EABB-4928-B80F-A2671A331AD5.jpeg

Great picture. From that era there is always some top quality mousers on display. Always wanted to find a picture of the Hearts team from 1888 as I have a direct blood relative who played for them then. 

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

Great picture. From that era there is always some top quality mousers on display. Always wanted to find a picture of the Hearts team from 1888 as I have a direct blood relative who played for them then. 

If you’re in Gorgie on a non match day you could ask at the club museum . It’s under the gorgie stand 

don’t wear your scarf

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 16/04/2023 at 13:37, Tony Wonder said:

I don't think Oda has had anywhere near enough of a chance tbh. 10 minutes here and there while we are losing. 

Wouldn't mind seeing him get a loan spell next season. Unless of course he gets a good pre-season under his belt and the new manager sees a use for him. My first impressions though are that he'd get eaten alive in this league atm. A really raw prsspect.

On 16/04/2023 at 12:24, paranoid android said:

County are a decent side - especially for a club that are rooted to the foot of the table. 

County are not a decent side. They will play utter hoofball and constantly launch balls into your box. Prepare for a bombardment. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

8 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

County are not a decent side. They will play utter hoofball and constantly launch balls into your box. Prepare for a bombardment. 

This approach will lead to success against the defenders who currently occupy our starting eleven.

That makes it decent. Less of this tactical snobbery, please.

Decent statement from Snodgrass this morning saying all the right things.

Robert Snodgrass: Midfielder 'gutted' after sudden Hearts exit - BBC Sport

Not really saying that much, and it's from his point of view, obviously, but it obliquely suggests that there is/was more than just one shitebag in the dressing room.

You have to wonder why it's only him that's left, though. 

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Decent statement from Snodgrass this morning saying all the right things.

Robert Snodgrass: Midfielder 'gutted' after sudden Hearts exit - BBC Sport

Not really saying that much, and it's from his point of view, obviously, but it obliquely suggests that there is/was more than just one shitebag in the dressing room.

You have to wonder why it's only him that's left, though. 

Basically what you'd expect him to say - 'there's more to this than meets the eye' sort of thing. 

But it was pretty apparent how dug meat he was on the pitch for the last couple of months and saw the negative impact he had on the rest of the team, so I'm going to take anything he says with a substantial pinch of salt.

3 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Basically what you'd expect him to say - 'there's more to this than meets the eye' sort of thing. 

But it was pretty apparent how dug meat he was on the pitch for the last couple of months and saw the negative impact he had on the rest of the team, so I'm going to take anything he says with a substantial pinch of salt.

Is his negative impact on the team not down to neilson more than snodgrass? 

Unless he actively stopped trying, struck me more that teams were actively pressing him and he just doesn’t have the legs to do anything about it anymore. He either needed more legs around about him or just dropped. 

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is his negative impact on the team not down to neilson more than snodgrass? 

Unless he actively stopped trying, struck me more that teams were actively pressing him and he just doesn’t have the legs to do anything about it anymore. He either needed more legs around about him or just dropped. 

He’s dropped for a hearts eternity I’d say.

On 02/04/2023 at 19:27, Jacksgranda said:

I think you'll find a completely contradictory post from earlier in the season explaining why Hearts were going to run away with third spot and the Dons (and everybody else) would be swept away by the downdraft.

They'll probably still finish third, mind you, but - as has been pointed out elsewhere - rather than claiming to be third best, the appropriate title is probably least shit of the also rans.

I'm still of this opinion. :angry:

26 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Daily Record says we are interested in Nicky Devlin. Solid player and maybe a proven SPFL player what we need to replace Smith but was hoping for something a bit more exciting. 

Honestly I don't think he's good enough to make that step up for me. His first season was cut short and he was out for about 7-8 months, but looked like a player that would dive into a tackle head first bombing up and down the wing. Last season he was captain and looked pretty decent at getting forward but starting being shown up for the defensive side of things. 

This season he's been pish. He's no longer getting up the wing anywhere near as much as he used to, defensively he's been torn to bits by guys like Youan. Not sure if his head's been elsewhere this season or if he's struggling to adapting to having his baby (only a few months old). IMO this is likely his last big move and last chance to get a big wage at another club so don't grudge him securing him and his family's future. 

If I was a Hearts fan though I'd be fairly underwhelmed at the signing if it happens. He'll likely show it in flashes here and there but I can't see him being a starter. Lots of passion/heart/desire etc but one very good season out of three isn't much to shout about. He's pissed a few Livi fans off recently with some claiming he's told fans to "shut the f**k up" and "f**k off" in the St Mirren/Motherwell away games (3-0 down at HT). 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Honestly I don't think he's good enough to make that step up for me. His first season was cut short and he was out for about 7-8 months, but looked like a player that would dive into a tackle head first bombing up and down the wing. Last season he was captain and looked pretty decent at getting forward but starting being shown up for the defensive side of things. 

This season he's been pish. He's no longer getting up the wing anywhere near as much as he used to, defensively he's been torn to bits by guys like Youan. Not sure if his head's been elsewhere this season or if he's struggling to adapting to having his baby (only a few months old). IMO this is likely his last big move and last chance to get a big wage at another club so don't grudge him securing him and his family's future. 

If I was a Hearts fan though I'd be fairly underwhelmed at the signing if it happens. He'll likely show it in flashes here and there but I can't see him being a starter. Lots of passion/heart/desire etc but one very good season out of three isn't much to shout about. He's pissed a few Livi fans off recently with some claiming he's told fans to "shut the f**k up" and "f**k off" in the St Mirren/Motherwell away games (3-0 down at HT). 

If he was coming in as backup I'd be ok with it, however you don't sign players on that basis and admittedly I've not seen lots of him, but from what I have I'd not be rushing to sign him with no manager in place. Ideally you don't sign anyone without a manager, but if you do you want it to be someone clearly at a higher level than you already have.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

If he was coming in as backup I'd be ok with it, however you don't sign players on that basis and admittedly I've not seen lots of him, but from what I have I'd not be rushing to sign him with no manager in place. Ideally you don't sign anyone without a manager, but if you do you want it to be someone clearly at a higher level than you already have.

He's dependable enough at this level, not a standout start or anything but I imagine Hearts can aim a fair bit higher. With the other clubs in for him he'd surely be looking at no less than 5k p/w at a minimum. Factor in that you're competing with English Championship sides for him too, it doesn't make sense.

At least when Forrest got that move he was high on form and standing out. Halkett left as probably the best Livi CB in the last 10/15 years and somehow turned to glass. That's what confuses me a little about the link, more than likely it's just an agent getting the feelers out early I think.