OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Daily Record says we are interested in Nicky Devlin. Solid player and maybe a proven SPFL player what we need to replace Smith but was hoping for something a bit more exciting. 

Having two Devlin’s would just be too confusing 

So it’s a no from me

unless he changes it to Nick Devlin-Stevens 

15 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

This approach will lead to success against the defenders who currently occupy our starting eleven.

That makes it decent. Less of this tactical snobbery, please.

I'm desperate for County to go down. Complete anti-football led by a relic of the Yogi Hughes type era. 

16 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is his negative impact on the team not down to neilson more than snodgrass? 

Unless he actively stopped trying, struck me more that teams were actively pressing him and he just doesn’t have the legs to do anything about it anymore. He either needed more legs around about him or just dropped. 

Oh aye, I'm not for a second saying that he wasn't actually trying.

But Neilson played him in a role he could no longer play (and in interviews, Snodgrass played up on that, saying that - to paraphrase - 'the boys need to trust me more, give me the ball in tight spaces and know that I'll be able to move us forward'). And when it became obvious he could no longer play that role, instead of either moving into a different one (or as you say being dropped) or encouraging the less experienced guys round him to take advantage of the press on him to move the ball into space elsewhere, he still screamed for the ball in positions you just knew he would either lose it or have to fall over in hopes of a free kick - and then moan at his teammates because that happened. 

A lot of it is Neilson's fault, but his behaviour once on the pitch can't have helped but pissed off his teammates, imo. Certainly pissed off the fans watching him.

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

But Neilson played him in a role he could no longer play (and in interviews, Snodgrass played up on that, saying that - to paraphrase - 'the boys need to trust me more, give me the ball in tight spaces and know that I'll be able to move us forward'). And when it became obvious he could no longer play that role, instead of either moving into a different one (or as you say being dropped) or encouraging the less experienced guys round him to take advantage of the press on him to move the ball into space elsewhere, he still screamed for the ball in positions you just knew he would either lose it or have to fall over in hopes of a free kick - and then moan at his teammates because that happened. 

A lot of it is Neilson's fault, but his behaviour once on the pitch can't have helped but pissed off his teammates, imo. Certainly pissed off the fans watching him.

Ah, I’m with you. Got it, fair enough. 

11 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'm desperate for County to go down. Complete anti-football led by a relic of the Yogi Hughes type era. 

Think you're being a bit unfair on Yogi there.

Do you actually remember his teams? He's hardly a hoofball merchant.

And what's 'anti-football' anyway? Snobby shite invented by Barca fanbois imo. You play to win and that's that.

Edited by VincentGuerin

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

And what's 'anti-football' anyway? Snobby shite invented by Barca fanbois imo. You play to win and that's that.

Agree with that. Teams have the right to try and win games the best way their resources allow. 

county had us penned in our own half for huge spells of the game using that tactic so why wouldn’t they?

It’s like when Celtic fans moan about teams being defensive against them. Absolute nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agree with that. Teams have the right to try and win games the best way their resources allow. 

county had us penned in our own half for huge spells of the game using that tactic so why wouldn’t they?

It’s like when Celtic fans moan about teams being defensive against them. Absolute nonsense. 

Got to be honest, I fucking love to see it getting launched. Can't all have Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi in our teams.

33 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Playing 15 passes between CBs and GK before hoofing it still means youre a hoofball merchant. A deluded hoofball merchant.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

His Falkirk team were better than that, and I don't recall his Hibs team being industrial.

Both those teams were 10+ years, and 6 jobs, ago.

At one point he maybe had "silky" football on the go, but not from what ive seen in the past decade.

Its just aimless passing around the defence then it getting launched when theres no options in midfield.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Both those teams were 10+ years, and 6 jobs, ago.

At one point he maybe had "silky" football on the go, but not from what ive seen in the past decade.

Its just aimless passing around the defence then it getting launched when theres no options in midfield.

His last three jobs have been relegation fire-fighting jobs, and at ICT he won the cup, so whatever he did seemed to work. Should he have played a prettier style and won f**k all?

I hate lazy pish like the post I replied to. Anyone labelling Hughes an example of the worst of 'anti-football' or hoofing it etc is simply either clueless or too young to know better.

Edited by VincentGuerin

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

His last three jobs have been relegation fire-fighting jobs, and at ICT he won the cup, so whatever he did seemed to work. Should he have played a prettier style and won f**k all?

I hate lazy pish like the post I replied to. Anyone labelling Hughes an example of the worst of 'anti-football' or hoofing it etc is simply either clueless or too young to know better.

Im not criticising his style of play. I prefer quick counter attacks/direct play to any tippy tappy pish.

All im saying is Hughes is absolutely one whos teams end up playing hoofball and the endless passing to nowhere doesnt change it.

3 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

All players have dips in form but by the time you get to that age there's the question of whether the dip is terminal. Snodgrass thinks it isn't but then again he would say that

13 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'll take your word for it because you've clearly thought about Ross county more than I have. I have occasionally completely forgotten that they exist even when attending Hearts vs Ross County Fixtures

To be honest I'm still not sure that "Dingwall" is a real place. It certainly sounds made up

Well - I, for one, am delighted that we now finally have a full-scale discussion on the merits or otherwise of the coaching skills of John 'Yogi' Hughes.

Whatever else folk might want to say about the aforementioned J'Y'H, the guy was a decent coach whose record has been somewhat tarnished by his most recent coaching gigs.

Score draw the morn - shree-shree, probably. 

download (61).jpg

Edited by paranoid android

21 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Got a bit bored so started skimming.... Am I to correct in understanding that there's a groundswell of support for Yogi as Hearts manager?

There certainly is among some Edinburgh football fans.......