OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

26 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Nonsense

If you spend the good times worrying about what could go wrong then you're a Dons fan you don't even enjoy the good times

FTFY

24 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Nonsense

If you spend the good times worrying about what could go wrong then you don't even enjoy the good times

Saturday evening, Sunday morning doesn't fall into the definition of 'good times' for me so I was keeping my powder cautiously dry.

I agree in general though, we're on here to be hubristic when things are going well. Otherwise you're a boring shitebag. None of us saw our spectacular collapse or Aberdeens spectacular run of form coming. 

Those split fixtures make 3rd look a tall order now.  Aberdeen getting St Mirren at home a 3rd time means they likely just need to win their 2 home games as there's not much chance of us taking anything off Celtic or Rangers.

While you have to congratulate Aberdeen, and Barry Robson in particular, for their dramatic turnaround in recent weeks, it shouldn't be forgotten that it was exactly the same shitebag players who lost embarrassingly to Darvel only a few short weeks ago along with a string of annihilations dished up by Hibs and Hearts amongst others. I don't wish Robson and the Dons any ill will but it wouldn't be the first time that a new manager bounce only lasted until just after he'd been put in charge on a permanent basis.

On a similar note, is it likely that Hearts underperforming players have finally turned a corner or was Saturday just a one-off in view of Ross County's woeful performance? 

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Those split fixtures make 3rd look a tall order now.  Aberdeen getting St Mirren at home a 3rd time means they likely just need to win their 2 home games as there's not much chance of us taking anything off Celtic or Rangers.

Rangers vs Hearts is liable to be a dead rubber from their point of view so there's obvious potential for a strange end of season result there. however the same goes for Celtic vs Aberdeen.

From this point of view we theoretically want Rangers to make it to the cup final 

Although they are probably the arsecheek more likely to Hibs the final and make the whole group stage qualification thing moot

15 minutes ago, Squonk said:

While you have to congratulate Aberdeen, and Barry Robson in particular, for their dramatic turnaround in recent weeks, it shouldn't be forgotten that it was exactly the same shitebag players who lost embarrassingly to Darvel only a few short weeks ago along with a string of annihilations dished up by Hibs and Hearts amongst others. I don't wish Robson and the Dons any ill will but it wouldn't be the first time that a new manager bounce only lasted until just after he'd been put in charge on a permanent basis.

On a similar note, is it likely that Hearts underperforming players have finally turned a corner or was Saturday just a one-off in view of Ross County's woeful performance? 

If you were a Dons fan you could be thinking if it hadn't been for Goodwin they'd have cantered past 70pts this season. 

I don't think there's a big gulf in quality between ourselves and them. They did much better business in January. Our recruitment fell short of what the club needed. This summer is massive.

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Rangers vs Hearts is liable to be a dead rubber from their point of view so there's obvious potential for a strange end of season result there. however the same goes for Celtic vs Aberdeen.

From this point of view we theoretically want Rangers to make it to the cup final 

Although they are probably the arsecheek more likely to Hibs the final and make the whole group stage qualification thing moot

It's also their last home game of thr season though so I can see then being up for it in terms of trying to sign off on a positive note. But there's no denying it could be flat for them.

26 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

If you were a Dons fan you could be thinking if it hadn't been for Goodwin they'd have cantered past 70pts this season. 

I don't think there's a big gulf in quality between ourselves and them. They did much better business in January. Our recruitment fell short of what the club needed. This summer is massive.

I think if you take injuries into account there's nothing in it at all.

We've had more fixture congestion and far worse injuries.

As I mentioned above, it's on the club to deal with that. But I doubt Aberdeen would be third just now had they played in the groups this season and had the injuries we've had.

Obviously, you can't point this out without folk screeching about excuses, but it's just clearly true.

Failure to replace Halkett and to replace the missing holding midfielders has been a shocking false economy.

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

As I mentioned above, it's on the club to deal with that. But I doubt Aberdeen would be third just now had they played in the groups this season and had the injuries we've had.

Obviously, you can't point this out without folk screeching about excuses, but it's just clearly true.

Failure to replace Halkett and to replace the missing holding midfielders has been a shocking false economy.

Never change.

53 minutes ago, Squonk said:

7 wins out of 9 games is not a new manager bounce.

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You were still "running away with third" after you had long exited the group stages, and your injury list was clearing up.

"Europe" and "injuries" only became a factor after you f*****.

You compensated for Europe by getting papped out of the League Cup at your earliest convenience, while we negotiated group stages all the way to the semi final.

36 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

January was key. We punted the League's shittest defender and got in a couple of decent ones. Robson also changed shape going forward so Duk had more freedom, and hey presto.

Don't disagree about the squads being very similar in quality. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

7 wins out of 9 games is not a new manager bounce.

Aye but arguably he’s just caretaker!

Quite an incredible turnaround.

Outstanding job he has done.

Please announce him full time and we can watch the decline. 😂 

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You were still "running away with third" after you had long exited the group stages, and your injury list was clearing up.

You compensated for Europe by getting papped out of the League Cup at your earliest convenience, while we negotiated group stages all the way to the semi final.

When were our injuries clearing up exactly?  Half the team is still injured

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's been pretty bad

HeartsAbsences.thumb.PNG.14cd62bf2f130bc5fd6ded338391c215.PNG

Which is worse but not massively worse than Hibs
HibsAbsences.thumb.PNG.dd29c9b05f13a3293c679d2b80f7183e.PNG

Aberdeen on the other hand have had a charmed existence

AberdeenAbsences.PNG.bb4df27c7787d44f925e0c231fcba38a.PNG

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I appreciate that it is the law of the internet that it is your job to respond in this way to someone stating the bleedin' obvious.

You've been going on about your team's injuries and the heroic effort of participating in Europe since last August right up until now.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's been pretty bad

HeartsAbsences.thumb.PNG.14cd62bf2f130bc5fd6ded338391c215.PNG

Which is worse but not massively worse than Hibs
HibsAbsences.thumb.PNG.dd29c9b05f13a3293c679d2b80f7183e.PNG

Aberdeen on the other hand have had a charmed existence

AberdeenAbsences.PNG.bb4df27c7787d44f925e0c231fcba38a.PNG

We are a bunch of cheating, charmed life b*st*rds. What chance have Hearts had.  🎻

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're usually on the mark, but you're miles off here.

Europe was a noted factor back in the summer. Hearts fans on here were discussing how rough our autumn was going to be, especially after the fixtures came out for September and October while the European games were on.

Then the injuries came.

As for them having cleared up; we're still missing Gordon, Halkett, Baningimie, and Boyce from the first team. How would Aberdeen fare with a similar list?

I'm not sure pre-season friendlies (League Cup groups) against League Two clubs quite counts the same as Thursday - Sundays playing Fiorentina. And Hearts played on the League Cup dates as well.