OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

46 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It would have still been in our own hands to finish 3rd if we had took a point but it's now Aberdeen's to lose. 

Now we are the plucky underdogs but we are not very plucky.

Ach well, one out of two's not bad...

Normally after we lose a Derby I'm absolutely raging, but was genuinely over it by the time I got out the stand. Not that I'm downplaying a Derby defeat, I 100% wanted to win and the performance was pathetic but its just pure apathy at this stage. This season started off so enjoyable and it's turned into a complete shitshow.

Just want the season to end now and get a new man in place.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Normally after we lose a Derby I'm absolutely raging, but was genuinely over it by the time I got out the stand. Not that I'm downplaying a Derby defeat, I 100% wanted to win and the performance was pathetic but its just pure apathy at this stage. This season started off so enjoyable and it's turned into a complete shitshow.

Just want the season to end now and get a new man in place.

That was how yesterday went for me. Result and performance completely unsurprising, and the season essentially gubbed. But it was too predictable to be really annoyed about it. We got back to the pub and had a great day out.

Hangover plus derby defeat makes for an unpleasant Sunday morning, mind.

It was naïve for anyone to think the changes that were made during the week would solve everything straight away.

Once Neilson had left, I was one of the c***s wanting Naismith to be put in charge, mainly based on seeing him play, and thinking 'that guy will be a manager one day.'

I wasn't impressed by his team selection, and he hasn't been able to get the players organised and motivated enough to get a result in the derby.

It's only one game, though - best hope is for an improved performance and result against Ross County that could build confidence, but County are a decent side - especially for a club that are rooted to the foot of the table. 

Edited by paranoid android

8 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

It was naïve for anyone to think the changes that were made during the week would solve everything straight away.

Once Neilson had left, I was one of the c***s wanting Naismith to be put in charge, mainly based on seeing him play, and thinking 'that guy will be a manager one day.'

I wasn't impressed by his team selection, and he hasn't been able to get the players organised and motivated enough to get a result in the derby.

It's only one game, though - best hope is for an improved performance and result against Ross County that could build confidence, but County are a decent side - especially for a club that are rooted to the foot of the table. 

I was ok with the lineup tbh, maybe one or two I would've changed but I thought it'd be competitive enough.

Don't blame Naismith, he's had 4 days with them and it can't have been an easy week. I was looking for some kind of uplift though, bit more energy etc and I thought we showed that in flashes in the first half without having any quality. But 2nd half we got deeper, gave away a terrible goal from a defensive point of view and the subs were shite. 

McKay looking a bit more lively and Atkinson doing OK were about the only positives to take away from it.

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I was ok with the lineup tbh, maybe one or two I would've changed but I thought it'd be competitive enough.

Don't blame Naismith, he's had 4 days with them and it can't have been an easy week. I was looking for some kind of uplift though, bit more energy etc and I thought we showed that in flashes in the first half without having any quality. But 2nd half we got deeper, gave away a terrible goal from a defensive point of view and the subs were shite. 

McKay looking a bit more lively and Atkinson doing OK were about the only positives to take away from it.

I just can't see how Forrest merits a start, and Cochrane should be starting ahead of Kingsley. 

Maybe it was because Naismith had talked about giving chances to folk who hadn't had opportunities, then fielding a mix of the usual suspects.

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I just can't see how Forrest merits a start, and Cochrane should be starting ahead of Kingsley. 

Maybe it was because Naismith had talked about giving chances to folk who hadn't had opportunities, then fielding a mix of the usual suspects.

Forrest isn't for me, but with Gino out at least you knew you'd get work rate and we are pretty slim on options there. Humphrys maybe but he's clearly better at affecting the game from the bench.

Agree about Kingsley, lucky, but he's maybe wanted a bit experience. 

I think what's more telling is what he does next week. He's given players an opportunity to step up and they never had it in them. I want to see changes next week. Gino back, maybe bring in Kuol or Oda for a bit pace and freshness. Cochrane for Kingsley.  I'd also like to see Pollock play because he simply has to be a better option than Halliday. 

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Forrest isn't for me, but with Gino out at least you knew you'd get work rate and we are pretty slim on options there. Humphrys maybe but he's clearly better at affecting the game from the bench.

Agree about Kingsley, lucky, but he's maybe wanted a bit experience. 

I think what's more telling is what he does next week. He's given players an opportunity to step up and they never had it in them. I want to see changes next week. Gino back, maybe bring in Kuol or Oda for a bit pace and freshness. Cochrane for Kingsley.  I'd also like to see Pollock play because he simply has to be a better option than Halliday. 

Would like to see Kuol in - Pollock too, if he's fit enough.

Oda is the same as Forrest for me - just don't see what they offer the team.

24 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Is it worth asking why players like Shankland and Halliday were away on their holidays during the recent international break?

I'm assuming the rest of the players did likewise?

I'm all for making sure players get enough rest, but could that time not have been better spent?

Apparently it was a point of contention. Some senior players asked why they weren't in but Robbie insisted they have time off. 5 days off when we had 2 weeks to work on things that had been an issue sounds mad.

30 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Would like to see Kuol in - Pollock too, if he's fit enough.

Oda is the same as Forrest for me - just don't see what they offer the team.

I don't think Oda has had anywhere near enough of a chance tbh. 10 minutes here and there while we are losing.