OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Looking forward to seeing next years results without the European bounty 😁

My prediction is turnover will be down a bit but there'll still be a small profit. Like most years since Anderson has invested.

Almost like we are budgeting. 

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Sure we'll be fine.

You will aye, but a £20m+ turnover wont be repeated by many, and it should've set the ball rolling to take the "next step", which for me would be getting the group stage money every season.

Bottom line is that we bagged another profit, so who gives a toss, eh? Without Anderson's cash, we'd have some run-of-the-mill sponsorship like the rest of the league, and we would cut out cloth accordingly. We only have to pay for the hotel once, and it's all profit from here.

Not too gutted about it, and I reckon our rivals' accounts will make our accounts look bloody impressive.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You will aye, but a £20m+ turnover wont be repeated by many, and it should've set the ball rolling to take the "next step", which for me would be getting the group stage money every season.

20m as we've proved simply isn't enough to guarantee finishing 3rd if you watch half it sitting on the treatment table for the season.

The playing budget should have got us better results though, that's for sure.  

As the old saying goes, 'Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity and cash is king.'

Both Hibs and Hearts have cash reserves these days. Not a huge amount for either club, not even a year's worth, but both in the millions (Hibs £5.1m and Hearts £7.8m at last accounts). That's how healthy the two clubs actually are. 

Both much more stable clubs than they once were. 

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Quite interesting watching fans of other clubs telling us our turnover should see us cement 3rd and pull away, yet if Hearts fans expect that we are labelled as arrogant and entitled. 

Its only interesting if the same fans say both things, which considering i wouldnt have called your fans arrogant for thinking the European money shouldve set you apart, makes that kind of moot.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its only interesting if the same fans say both things, which considering i wouldnt have called your fans arrogant for thinking the European money shouldve set you apart, makes that kind of moot.

It makes it moot if I was talking about you specifically,  which I wasn't. That's why I never quoted you.

Had a peak at forums of other clubs, twitter etc, and there seems to be a running theme of it being funny we've spent so much while not performing. Which is what Hearts fans have been annoyed about for the best part of a year.

16 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's remarkable. We have everything in place we could need, but it's just pished away by the idiots in control.

From a Hearts' bubble point of view, it's frustrating. From a competitive point of view, our failings last season got Aberdeen out of a financial problem that would have bitten them quite badly, and looking ahead, it's hard to be sure we won't continue to be wasteful.

That said. Compared to decades gone by, it is nice to be sitting with a huge turnover, a completed stadium, discretionary infrastructure being spent on, and no risk to the club. In many ways these are great days. But the board are making an utter c**t of it and it's hard to defend them at this stage.

What?

6 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

As the old saying goes, 'Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity and cash is king.'

Both Hibs and Hearts have cash reserves these days. Not a huge amount for either club, not even a year's worth, but both in the millions (Hibs £5.1m and Hearts £7.8m at last accounts). That's how healthy the two clubs actually are. 

Both much more stable clubs than they once were. 

Most clubs have cash in the bank at their balance sheet date because they account to June and have just sold a load of Season tickets. It would be misleading to think that’s in there all year round. 

18 hours ago, DC92 said:

If only we could be like Aberdeen and make a >£5m loss every year.

You can be, don’t worry.

Our accounts will show a healthy profit this year, but that’ll also not be a very good indicator of how robust the finances are.

Who was it you’ve sold for about half a million? Racking my brains here but can’t think

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

You can be, don’t worry.

Our accounts will show a healthy profit this year, but that’ll also not be a very good indicator of how robust the finances are.

Who was it you’ve sold for about half a million? Racking my brains here but can’t think

Hickey sell on fee?