OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Never mind, if you are going to double down, I can't be fucked arguing with you.

My point still stands though, it's a gamble that has very little return to it, as there is no absolutely no way you can guarantee a new manager will do better.

I'm no even trying to argue tbh. I'm saying 3rd is worth millions of pounds to us, as it is to Aberdeen or St Mirren if they make it. That's all

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You get about £3m European money simply by finishing 3rd, then you add in getting 4 home games which, for them, would be 4 sell outs.

Add in ~£400k for any win and ~£200k for any draw.

Which is relying on finishing 3rd and factoring in a decent gate money too. So not a guarantee, more just a ball park figure.

Not that I am saying there's not a lot of money to be had from European competition. Less so when nipping off to Luxemburg for a qualifier, mind, more so when entertaining Madrid at home. In fact the amount of money at the sharp end is primarily why we have such a duopoly in this country.

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm no even trying to argue tbh. I'm saying 3rd is worth millions of pounds to us, as it is to Aberdeen or St Mirren if they make it. That's all

It's all cool, just felt the topic was all about the league position and the possible money for that, not the extended sojourn to sunnier climes.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

And as for the 2nd point, it's a gamble to do it now. But the atmosphere was toxic and it wasn't going to improve with him there.

Yeah, 'you pays your money and you takes your choice', as I say I feel this is more about season tickets for Budge than it is about performance.

Edited by Ric

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

Never mind, if you are going to double down, I can't be fucked arguing with you.

My point still stands though, it's a gamble that has very little return to it, as there is no absolutely no way you can guarantee a new manager will do better.

And as for the 2nd point, it's a gamble to do it now. But the atmosphere was toxic and it wasn't going to improve with him there.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

well of course

If the results were guaranteed it wouldn’t be a gamble 

keeping him and hoping his luck would turn around would have been a gamble 

sacking him and hoping that shaking things up improves things is a gamble 

unfortunately if you run a professional sports team then you can’t escape the fact that large amounts of revenue can appear or disappear on the bounce of a ball so gambling is unavoidable 

although I’m sure club boards would prefer to call it a calculated risk

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Levein’s protege meeting with a similar ending as Hearts manager.

ZERO major trophies won.

ZERO impact in Europe.

Unfortunately the dodgy penalties and outrageous luck had to run out at some point.

Bring on their third relegation in a decade, please! 

That'll be the same as almost any given manager for a non-OF club over the last few decades, then.

Overall Neilson did a good job over both spells, but he's limited and he's stopped getting anything out of the squad, so this is (surprisingly) the correct decision. When he's not even beating St Mirren at home, which is basically his main attribute, he's not much use.

Unfortunately past evidence shows there's no guarantee we'll be able to replace him with better.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Which is relying on finishing 3rd and factoring in a decent gate money too. So not a guarantee, more just a ball park figure.

Yeah, ive no idea what youre waffling about with the rest of your post tbh.

All i was agreeing with was that 3rd to 5th to Hearts is realistically a £6m drop considering theyll have made that figure alone from Europe this season. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, ive no idea what youre waffling about with the rest of your post tbh.

Your intelligence, or lack of it, really is no concern of mine, "tbh"

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I really wish folk would stop posting that 3rd place guarantees European Group stage football. It doesn't. 

..but that means it doesn't guarantee you £6m either. Shocking, if true!

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I really wish folk would stop posting that 3rd place guarantees European Group stage football. It doesn't. 

One of the OF is clearly winning the Scottish Cup this season.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Your intelligence, or lack of it, really is no concern of mine, "tbh"

Nah its just you, as always, having a different conversation than the person youre speaking to just so you can dredge everything out over 10 posts when 2 could do to try and claim youre right. 

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

While technically true, the only way it doesn't is if one of the greatest Scottish Cup shocks of all time occurs.