OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

On 11/02/2022 at 13:38, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It looks like two to me. Both in defeats

You can check here

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/rangers.html

Unless we had one but missed it

We definitely missed at least 1, Jamie Hammill missed one but popped in the rebound when we won in 2012

Urgh, I feel and I think of other Hearts fans are screaming into the void with people telling us to be happy with things.

1. We're still pish.

2. It's not good enough

3. We are showing no signs of improving.

4. Why do we always have to wait for it to fall apart before sacking a manager?

5. We are definitely going to lose 3rd if this continues. Our last two league games have confirmed that.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

3 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Urgh, I feel and I think of other Hearts fans are screaming into the void with people telling us to be happy with things.

1. We're still pish.

2. It's not good enough

3. We are showing no signs of improving.

4. Why do we always have to wait for it to fall apart before sacking a manager?

5. We are definitely going to lose 3rd if this continues. Our last two league games have confirmed that.

We're where we are in huge part because Hibs and Aberdeen are both completely shite.

Anyone with eyes could see that after 5-6 games. Both sides were poor but just about papering over the cracks, and it came as little surprise that neither of their coaches lasted the season.

Robbie has benefited hugely from their failings, but he's not making the most of the squad we've got, and with the recent fixtures we should have sailed over the hill and had third tied up by now. It's a huge under-performance to have failed to do so given the context of the bin fire that is this season's league.

We're still a work in progress, clearly, but he gets less out of our players than the sum of their parts, and he doesn't seem able to re-think his approach now that we're in a rut. Add that to the historical record of big-game under performance and tactical lack of ambition, and it's a thanks but bye from me.

15 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We're where we are in huge part because Hibs and Aberdeen are both completely shite.

Anyone with eyes could see that after 5-6 games. Both sides were poor but just about papering over the cracks, and it came as little surprise that neither of their coaches lasted the season.

Robbie has benefited hugely from their failings, but he's not making the most of the squad we've got, and with the recent fixtures we should have sailed over the hill and had third tied up by now. It's a huge under-performance to have failed to do so given the context of the bin fire that is this season's league.

We're still a work in progress, clearly, but he gets less out of our players than the sum of their parts, and he doesn't seem able to re-think his approach now that we're in a rut. Add that to the historical record of big-game under performance and tactical lack of ambition, and it's a thanks but bye from me.

Correct. We've been lucky because of elsewhere. Any other season with a competent Aberdeen/Hibs and we'd be 5th and mewling about how grateful we should fighting for the top 6. Take Craig Gordon into context and we'd probably be even lower.

He's managed to dine out on the bounce of the new signings more than anything, but since that started plateauing he's been found seriously wanting. Can't play a back 4 because he doesn't have the CBs to play there comfortably enough. Can't sacrifice that back 3 to push another man into our seriously overrun midfield. Can't get a tune out of talented players like Ben Woodburn, GMS, or Ginnelly while sending Walker out on loan.

If he turns it around, what's his version of turning it around? Getting arguably a very talented squad to keep playing just underneath their capabilities as we keep scraping by? That's not really sustainable, and the fans are switching off to his football and his heads gone post match interviews.

I haven't seen him hit his heights as a manager since his first season and a half for us, which is more and more beginning to look like a purple patch that's he's been dining off ever since.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

These are pretty much the same conversations we had in the lead up to RN leaving last time.

I've said this before, but I just think managers are sacked too readily. 

There are obviously issues with RN, but i still feel scarred by the Cathro, Levein and Stendell periods, which were harrowing. 

Most of us remember Paulo Sergio's brief reign with fondness (for obvious reasons), but even then I remember fans moaning about the alleged 'tippy-tappy' fitba', and shouting for us to 'get it up the park', etc. 

Injuries haven't helped (I read the Halkett could be back for Saturday), and the Souttar situation will have had some effect, but RN & co haven't improved our striking options enough in the last two windows.

I don't know what or who the answer is - just bumping my gums. 

Edited by paranoid android

58 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I've said this before, but I just think managers are sacked too readily. 

I actually agree with this in general. People are far too quick to call for a sacking usually, and most football clubs are so badly run and lacking in clear vision that sacking the coach often makes no difference anyway.

I think it's different with Robbie. We've got a huge body of evidence now over two spells as coach that he has clear failings and that he fails to learn from them. I actually find it baffling how poor he is at learning from mistakes. He doesn't seem like a stupid guy, yet he has these blindspots where he walks into the same problems repeatedly.

He makes poor choices in terms of how to use the squad, and I think at this point he's on the verge of turning some good signings into mediocre or poor ones.

I just think we've seen enough and we know that it doesn't get better from here.

51 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I just think we've seen enough and we know that it doesn't get better from here.

Ken, but it could also get worse, as it did last time we sacked RN. 

Not sure there are many obvious candidates to replace him either - the appointments of Cathro and Stendel seemed kind of exciting at the time, but both were disastrous.

I'd always felt Naismith may step up at some point, but he may be heading for paisley. 

From the outside in this is fairly bizarre. Don't think there's much of a chance to lose 3rd, someone said a 3-4 losing streak whilst one of the chasing pack putting a good run together may see that happen. True enough, but surely by then you'd break that streak, and whomever below puts that run together may themselves tail off.

Anyway that's loads of ifs considering 3rd is basically assured. I read from many coming into this season that top 6 would be a decent season of consolidation. I remember last season after the bad set of results how much many wanted Robbie out. Yet despite some grumbles its still a very lofty position you find yourselves in at this point in time.

Also take a look around at the other clubs searching for managers. Granted you'll be able to pull in some better names those those mentioned, but I remember when Hibs were searching and some of the names being mentioned made me curse the day Ross was sacked, even if I am relatively happy to go along with the experimental approach we've ended up with.

If it does happen its surely an end of season job. Not to say yourselves couldn't get a better manager, but maybe better to let some other clubs fire some decent managers first before going balls deep. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

It's got a lot of similarities with JJ's last full season.  At one point in January up near the top before a terrible run saw us fall across the line in 3rd.

Of course JJ was popular and Budge isn't inclined to sack folk unless it's catastrophic, so he'll carry on for a while yet.  But it's 6 wins in 19 and we've only taken 7 more points from the last 19 games as we did from the first 8.

Worse than the results though is we have not played genuinely well in a game, Auchinleck aside, in about 3 months

It’s not as if Nielson is a messiah but he’s not a particularly naughty boy either

The amount of antipathy that Nielson attracts on hearts oriented regions of the internet seem disproportionate to his flaws

The most curious aspect is that the one really obvious grudge to hold against him, pissing off to Milton Bloody Keynes at the first available opportunity, doesn’t seem to register on anybody’s charge sheet

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It’s not as if Nielson is a messiah but he’s not a particularly naughty boy either

The amount of antipathy that Nielson attracts on hearts oriented regions of the internet seem disproportionate to his flaws

The most curious aspect is that the one really obvious grudge to hold against him, pissing off to Milton Bloody Keynes at the first available opportunity, doesn’t seem to register on anybody’s charge sheet

My shit memory was telling me we'd sacked him!

Maybe he saw it coming?

I mind Levein saying, when he knew the Romanovs were coming, he'd take the first thing offered to him, and off he fucked to Leicester.

Wasn’t really arsed when Robbie left first time, he’d done a decent job and left us in a healthy position. Things then went horrifically though. He’s come back and done a good job but if he left after Saturday, regardless of result, again I wouldn’t really be arsed…but the last time still makes me worried about what happens after. Looking at the names linked to Aberdeen, St Mirren & Dundee vacancies don’t inspire me - who would we go for?

I think it's his particularly eye bleeding style of football he played the first time round that's stuck with alot of fans.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:
15 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think it's his particularly eye bleeding style of football he played the first time round that's stuck with alot of fans.

I'll be honest, I don't think the football last time round was generally an issue.  He lost a lot of the fans by not placing enough emphasis on what they wanted, which was pumping Hibs.  I get the feeling he's happy losing all 4 derbies and ambivalent about cups if he finishes third.

The season he left we'd scored 39 goals in 19 games, and let in nearly as many.  There were at least 2 3 all draws.  The results in the cups were shite but we were 2nd when he left so he'd have felt he was doing a good job

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I'll be honest, I don't think the football last time round was generally an issue.  He lost a lot of the fans by not placing enough emphasis on what they wanted, which was pumping Hibs.  I get the feeling he's happy losing all 4 derbies and ambivalent about cups if he finishes third.

The season he left we'd scored 39 goals in 19 games, and let in nearly as many.  There were at least 2 3 all draws.  The results in the cups were shite but we were 2nd when he left so he'd have felt he was doing a good job

He lost the fans with the Hibs cup tie.

Rightly or wrongly many Jambos on the street have never forgiven him.

7 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Looking at the names linked to Aberdeen, St Mirren & Dundee vacancies don’t inspire me - who would we go for?

If other clubs aren't prepared to look beyond the usual names, that's their problem. There's a world of good coaches out there and it shouldn't be beyond Hearts' capabilities to draw up a job spec and cast the net as wide as we need to find the right guy.

Celtic were ridiculed by the Scottish fitba gang for going for a guy with a very good coaching background simply due to the insular nature of British football fans and media. But hopefully our club have looked at their success and realised that we don't need to appoint someone with mates who appear on Sportsound or write in The Record.

If other clubs aren't prepared to look beyond the usual names, that's their problem. There's a world of good coaches out there and it shouldn't be beyond Hearts' capabilities to draw up a job spec and cast the net as wide as we need to find the right guy.
Celtic were ridiculed by the Scottish fitba gang for going for a guy with a very good coaching background simply due to the insular nature of British football fans and media. But hopefully our club have looked at their success and realised that we don't need to appoint someone with mates who appear on Sportsound or write in The Record.

No, absolutely agree it with you that it shouldn’t be beyond the clubs capabilities but it is beyond mine so I’m reticent to vehemently want Neilson out and take another roll of the dice after it coming up plumbs last time.