OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

On 27/03/2022 at 12:34, pansjambo said:
5 year ago you were still in fizzy pop league

Which actually means the last time it happened was 19 May 2016 when Falkirk triggered “finish above Hibs day” for 2017

So it’s actually been even longer than our emerald clad visitor suggested

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

He'll likely miss the first half of next season too if it's his cruciate. Huge blow for us, but also for him.  Real shame.

At least we’ve got him on a long contract and we’ve got Haring till the end of the season and Halliday or Sibbick can help out in the absence of Beni, Devlin or haring

In fact with, hopefully, only two meaningful games left this season it’s probably about time to start speculating about who we need to bring in over the summer

Souttar is away and will be a tough act to follow

Taylor Moore’s loan will be up and while we’re grateful for his efforts He’ll be an easy act to follow if he goes

Ben Woodburn has been struggling to establish himself in the highly competitive “best wide player (apart from Barry McKay obviously)” category. We’re not going to miss him

Elliot Simms is due to go back to Everton. Obviously it would be great to keep him but if we can’t we need to find someone else

And the other player scheduled to leave is probably the most interesting, Alex Cochrane. His contract with Brighton expires in the summer and he turns 22 this month.

I’d like to see him stay

Has there been any word on GMS injury?  He broke his wrist a month ago, you'd think even with a protection he'd be available in some form.  

Seems to have been lots of chat on Devlin, Souttar and Smith trying to get back but he's not been mentioned at all.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Has there been any word on GMS injury?  He broke his wrist a month ago, you'd think even with a protection he'd be available in some form.  

Seems to have been lots of chat on Devlin, Souttar and Smith trying to get back but he's not been mentioned at all.

Heard nothing. I'd feel a lot better with two of the three you mention back for the semi-final. Last I heard we were hoping Devlin would play at least some part of the league derby, but I've missed a few days of news now.

4 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Honestly thought we'd only get him for the 2 years and he'd be back away to bigger things. Fucking delighted at this.

Same.  Added to extensions for Gordon,Kingsley, Smith, Halkett we are really building a strong squad for a longer period. Haring next please.

Delighted about McKay. First player in a few years at Hearts who gets me on the edge of my seat every time he picks up the ball. I think he could go on to become a legend for us. I think now that we are starting to make sure this team stays together for a few seasons, that they will lift silverware.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Great stuff from Hearts. Nice to see the club not recruiting and renewing like maniacs anymore.

The whole set up just feels far more organised, structured and professional, from top to bottom.

Delighted about McKay. First player in a few years at Hearts who gets me on the edge of my seat every time he picks up the ball. I think he could go on to become a legend for us. I think now that we are starting to make sure this team stays together for a few seasons, that they will lift silverware.

He’s the 21st century John Coulquhoun

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He’s the 21st century John Coulquhoun

That is a good shout. I have been trying to think of a player that he is most similar to. Needs to be a wide attacking player, who is good at passing, fast and very skillful. I was going with McCann, but Colquhoun is probably closer. Both were more prolific goal scorers obviously, but perhaps that will come.