Conspiracy Theories

I wouldn’t say it’s conspiracy to believe that secret covert government or military operatives can and do carry out everything from warrantless surveillance, entry and bugging to extra judicial killings.
I think its sort of known that this goes on but never admitted to. The extent to which it is used or suggested to be plotting against is what is blown out of all proportion

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

September 11th was really the watershed moment for conspiracy theories in modern times. Prior to that the people who are the leaders of the conspiracy movement (Alex Jones, David Icke) were mainly seen as kind of harmless, slightly batshit eccentrics in their basements. Jones, in particular, pivoted away from UFOlogy to a hard right anti government stance (he’d always been a bit like that but turned it up post 9/11).

Also, the 9/11 Truthers also managed to attract people who were, on the surface, credible. I can’t recall his name but there was one very prominent Truther who was flagged a professor (they usually left out that he was a professor of Divinity). I think that political opposition to those in power at the time and to the response also fuelled conspiracist thinking, although the paranoid style is present across the political spectrum.

The other big factor, of course, is the growth of the internet, by 2001 it was primed to bring these people together and provide a positive feedback loop for those getting into it.

Yes, pilots for 9/11 truth become experts on demolition.  Architects become experts on flight techniques.  So on and so forth. This sort of cross-field expertise is extremely appealing to conspiracy theory fruit loops, it seems.  You see it all the time on JFK conspiracy videos as well.  There are any number of books about the Death of Expertise.  The very reason for that is that expertise is now a pejorative term with the loon balls who regard Jim Carrey’s former wife as a valid counter argument to decades of medical research.  There’s a vicious circle in which expertise is decided upon by agenda, and dismissed on agenda too. You see it all the time on RT, badly produced daytime news discussion shows, and almost every sporting/legal/economic crossover issue.   Stupid experts.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 02:33, Shotgun said:

I recall getting into it with an alt-right charmer on a different forum who told me I was a traitor to my race because I didn’t have kids. Apparently we whites have a “duty” to out-breed the darkies. 

And yes, that last word was the one he used. 

any lovely ladies willing to help me do my racial duty PM me,please

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yes, pilots for 9/11 truth become experts on demolition.  Architects become experts on flight techniques.  So on and so forth. This sort of cross-field expertise is extremely appealing to conspiracy theory fruit loops, it seems.  You see it all the time on JFK conspiracy videos as well.  There are any number of books about the Death of Expertise.  The very reason for that is that expertise is now a pejorative term with the loon balls who regard Jim Carrey’s former wife as a valid counter argument to decades of medical research.  There’s a vicious circle in which expertise is decided upon by agenda, and dismissed on agenda too. You see it all the time on RT, badly produced daytime news discussion shows, and almost every sporting/legal/economic crossover issue.   Stupid experts.

Truthers always like to latch on to some very specific detail - in the case of the Towers it may have been the melting point of steel. The melting point of steel is higher that the temperature of burning jet fuel. In the wider context of the devastation wreaked on the buildings' structural integrity by the impact and the fires it doesn't mean a great deal. But, roll out a professor of some sort to confirm that the steel could not have melted, point to the sound of "explosions" as the concrete floors start falling in and you have a convincing "inside job/controlled explosion". 

Truthers always like to latch on to some very specific detail - in the case of the Towers it may have been the melting point of steel. The melting point of steel is higher that the temperature of burning jet fuel. In the wider context of the devastation wreaked on the buildings' structural integrity by the impact and the fires it doesn't mean a great deal. But, roll out a professor of some sort to confirm that the steel could not have melted, point to the sound of "explosions" as the concrete floors start falling in and you have a convincing "inside job/controlled explosion". 

This is the same with every conspiracy. Some detail is picked that sounds definitive in a soundbite and then hammered home.

I can see this tactic running wild for the next few years with the EHRC report about Labour, Brexit, Covid reports. People will try and find one detail that they can make sound plausible and then just push that so they can maintain their self centred pig headed egotism about the issue. I saw a tweet from a Brexiteer along these lines, he said “didn’t remember the Remain press being so vocal about law breaking when “and then he listed a number of occasions where the EU has bent or broken laws and treaties. Gr8 logic m8.

53 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

that might mean he'll be spared-he should have been delighted

Got to feel that Muslims and Catholics are able to have some sort of accord. The Ottoman Turk's first allies in Europe were Catholic France after all!

Edited by NotThePars

44 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

And they neglected to say that the strength of steel is weakened well below its melting temperature.

32 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This is the same with every conspiracy. Some detail is picked that sounds definitive in a soundbite and then hammered home.

People on the planes calling loved ones from their cell phones, when this was impossible at the time?

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

What exactly is the point they are trying to make?  Suppose the steel did not melt or even weaken.  The towers would have continued to burn.  Everybody who could not have escaped would still have died.  You would have ended up with two burnt out shells that would have to demolished.  It would still have been a catastrophe.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

One of the Towers would still have been standing if Slippery had been a passenger on the plane. Hijackers would have been thrown into the Hudson from 30,000 ft. 

Someone posted a gif of the tower getting hit the other day, and I watched it over and over, unable to fully decide but it looks like the tower above the point of impact actually moves a wee bit, which would be no surprise if it did considering a very large plane went into the side of it like a fucking dart. Maybe my eyes were deceiving me but if it did move on impact even slightly, I am sure there were more issues of structural integrity from that point on than the melting point of steel

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Someone posted a gif of the tower getting hit the other day, and I watched it over and over, unable to fully decide but it looks like the tower above the point of impact actually moves a wee bit, which would be no surprise if it did considering a very large plane went into the side of it like a fucking dart. Maybe my eyes were deceiving me but if it did move on impact even slightly, I am sure there were more issues of structural integrity from that point on than the melting point of steel

Tall buildings can sway a wee bit. In the Red Road flats in Glasgow the bath water could slosh about on a windy day. 

51 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

One of the Towers would still have been standing if Slippery had been a passenger on the plane. Hijackers would have been thrown into the Hudson from 30,000 ft. 

If SlipperyP had been a passenger on any of those planes they'd have crashed straight into Bin Laden's cave 12 hours later.  And Slippery would've walked away without a scratch.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Exactly. Flat Earthers will use a photo like this as proof that space flight is faked and rockets that are launched simply fall back into the sea...

5ee51f87f0f4193d9874306a?width=1100&form

On 27/08/2020 at 20:56, invergowrie arab said:

I dunno. From a govt PoV I think exposing his connections to the IRA and his alleged role as SNLA quartermaster would be more damaging than offing him. More likely to be the RA themselves if one of their lot had gone rogue and got involved with McRae, Busby and other assorted incompetents and weirdos.

There is also the possibility of some sort of double agent stuff going on.

In also not entirely convinced it was the nuclear angle just because nothing that has come out since is probably worth shooting someone over. 

I know everything today is paedo rings but I think it's establishment paedo rings. He was a detailed to Mountbatten  when he was in the navy.

He was a homosexual (different times), a raging alcoholic, short tempered and prone to public outbursts. I wouldn't be surprised if he had Kompromat on people, knew secrets about either the govt or people in Scotland or Ireland.

I think the most likely explanation is somebody somewhere thought he was a liability.

I read an article a few years back, in one of the Sunday papers IIRC, that alleged he was on the verge of exposing a Westminster paedo ring. Supposedly he had a dossier in the car with him that vanished. 

Edited by Lurkst

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Watched River monsters looking at Loch Ness.
Didn't even find a catfish.

Loch is dead, few eels, salmon and maybe seals at the river end.
Possibly very occasional sturgeon.

It was good that he tackled it in a professional way, no lunatics on it either.

Greenland Sharks can get into Loch Ness. Could be miscontrued as a 'Nessie'.